***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    NCBRI wrote:
    So you called Curtis Management this week? Do you know her or did you just speak with her on the phone? I doubt she would disclose anything over the phone unless she knows you. Just trying to get an idea of whether this was an old friends kinda conversation or a member of the public calling to make an inquiry kinda question. I wouldn't find it unusual for them to not disclose anything particularly if things are uncertain or in limbo to begin with.
    I have known her since 2000.I have talked to her on the phone and e mail.I have her cell phone number.She got me free tickets for my brother-in-law at Tampa 2003. And got me free tickets for the V.F.C Kissimmee Show in 2004.I know her pretty well.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Like I said before I am just tired of waiting for JTR.A couple of weeks ago he said about shows on the east coast .Etc.I really do hope they are planning something.Believe me I have not seen them since 2004.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    stoneg wrote:
    I have known her since 2000.I have talked to her on the phone and e mail.I have her cell phone number.She got me free tickets for my brother-in-law at Tampa 2003. And got me free tickets for the V.F.C Kissimmee Show in 2004.I know her pretty well.

Gotcha. I was hoping that wouldn't be your answer though.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    Brian
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=K92OVFeGgIE

PLAY THE SOUTH
    stay faithfull people
    Brian
    I am faithful! I just want the truth.I can handle the truth.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Who is your source?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    stoneg wrote:
    Who is your source?

I doubt he will post it on here and I dont think he trusts enough to PM anyone either. Unless of course he has some significant news that goes in either direction.

By the way..........all you people with connections, I'm so jealous. :D

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until new shit comes to light
    only good shit though
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    stoneg wrote:
    Who is your source?
    His source is very good....but it is a relationship based on trust, so JTR can't really break that trust or won't break that trust.....I don't blame him either. A man is only as good as his word. Let's just wait and see what happens, umkay.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    His source is very good....but it is a relationship based on trust, so JTR can't really break that trust or won't break that trust.....I don't blame him either. A man is only as good as his word. Let's just wait and see what happens, umkay.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Ty I trust you.I just e mailed my source and she says quote"No plans.
    Sorry.
    Thanks,
    Liz" and that is from Kelly Curtis's Asst. That is the whole probelm we are getting tried of waiting.So I went right to the Horses Mouth.Does not look good for him.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    stoneg wrote:
    Ty I trust you.I just e mailed my source and she says quote"No plans.
    Sorry.
    Thanks,
    Liz" and that is from Kelly Curtis's Asst. That is the whole probelm we are getting tried of waiting.So I went right to the Horses Mouth.Does not look good for him.
    We'll see what the rest of the week holds. Faith.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    I feel like I'm on a roller coaster that makes a trip under a bridge occupied by the Dave Matthews tour bus

PLAY THE SOUTH
    before I get old
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    We'll see what the rest of the week holds. Faith.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Ty, I am a man of my word.I always tell the truth.I never dissapoint people.Because I was always was let down as a child.I really have tried to be patient with him.Far and Few in betwen posts does not sit well with me.I am sure he is waiting on news.Just like we all are.So I took things into my own hands.I talked to Liz Burns,Kelly Curtis's Asst. who I have known for over 6 years.And she ALWAYS gives it to me straight.she says NO PLANS that means NO PLANS.I really want to see them bad.But let's be real here and lets get some truth for once on this thread.Answer me this one question.Does he know someone in the band? If not I dismiss all his claims till I see some hard proof. Sorry that is just the way I feel.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • If this is true then Southern PJ fans will be on suicide watches.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    man, this day just went from shit to shittier
    Dollpartz wrote:
    man, this day just went from shit to shittier
    Sorry girl.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    stoneg wrote:
    Ty, I am a man of my word.I always tell the truth.I never dissapoint people.Because I was always was let down as a child.I really have tried to be patient with him.Far and Few in betwen posts does not sit well with me.I am sure he is waiting on news.Just like we all are.So I took things into my own hands.I talked to Liz Burns,Kelly Curtis's Asst. who I have known for over 6 years.And she ALWAYS gives it to me straight.she says NO PLANS that means NO PLANS.I really want to see them bad.But let's be real here and lets get some truth for once on this thread.Answer me this one question.Does he know someone in the band? If not I dismiss all his claims till I see some hard proof. Sorry that is just the way I feel.
    You have to ask JTR. I'm sorry, but I must also keep my word.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Well since several sources within the concert industry have confirmed PJ to play Lolla, I gotta believe they are planning some sort of a tour. They aren't gonna pack up all the gear and send all the crew out to Chicago for one show. I don't see that happening. I believe they currently have dates on hold at several venues but have yet to confirm and commit to the tour yet. I remember in 2003 when PJ was booking a tour in Europe but they backed out of it at the last minute. A couple dates even showed up as confirmed on pollstar.com. A couple of weeks ago I received this e-mail:

We’re trying to secure a date; however, it’s up to the band on how much they want to play this year. Thanks for the interest-

Brock Jones

Senior Director of Booking

Gaylord Entertainment Center

615.770.2047 (o)

615.770.2010 (f)

bjones@gaylordecenter.com
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    stoneg wrote:
    Sorry girl.

maybe we'll have to make a longer road trip than we planned? can you try to pick her brain and see if there are any shows other than lolla (or any festivals) in the works?

if this is true, this sucks so much ass....
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Sometimes you have to get away to get your perspective on things.... I was in Orlando for a couple of days and just spent some time reading the posts I "missed".

With the exception of NCBRI's venting post, I'm at a total loss to understand how the posts on this thread are any different from any other thread on this site. And even that one post wasn't so extraordinary given the nature of some of what is discussed on this site.

I'm also starting to think that 10C is trying to persuade us to drop off.

And let's face it, the "pure" intent of the thread has dissolved a bit. Little bit of politics, cronyism, self-promotion and our "interrogation" of folks who have been on here for a long time..... sorry, but this ain't the spirit in which I became part of this thread very close to a year ago.

I wish JTR would have never interjected his "inside knowledge" of things to come. No bad feelings against anyone. Just expressing a different perspective and my mildly disillusioned opinion. I have no problems with anyone's disagreement with these statements so no need to jump all over me.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    I really hope he has a REALLY good source and that tour plans are in the works.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the environment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get literally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recomended .)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    TREES FOR PEARL JAM MOVEMENT – PLAY THE SOUTH!!!

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

For the new people and the lurkers. Trees = good

PLAY THE SOUTH
    Brian
    weenie wrote:
    Sometimes you have to get away to get your perspective on things.... I was in Orlando for a couple of days and just spent some time reading the posts I "missed".

With the exception of NCBRI's venting post, I'm at a total loss to understand how the posts on this thread are any different from any other thread on this site. And even that one post wasn't so extraordinary given the nature of some of what is discussed on this site.

And let's face it, the "pure" intent of the thread has dissolved a bit. Little bit of politics, cronyism, self-promotion and our "interrogation" of folks who have been on here for a long time..... sorry, but this ain't the spirit in which I became part of this thread very close to a year ago.

I wish JTR would have never interjected his "inside knowledge" of things to come. No bad feelings against anyone. Just expressing a different perspective and my mildly disillusioned opinion. I have no problems with anyone's disagreement with these statements so no need to jump all over me.
    I think it has lost some steam after Jtr said that they are hitting the east coast.Eveyone was out of their minds.Then just no real news after that and we are still waiting.I SO hope JTR pulls through for us.I think we all have been venting lately and that was just mine.I have a SUPER TRUSTWORTH source.And she says no plans.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Stoneg and all,

I completely agree with you, but I get conflicting information from all sides. Is Mrs. Burns saying they are not playing Lollapalooza?

I am not here to create havoc and mess with people. We all have the same goal. And when I tell you an band member says they are trying to put together a mini-tour around the mobilization for Lolla, then I passed that on. He is someone I believe in.

Please don't shoot the messenger. If they announce a mini-tour, I won't be mad at you either.
    weenie wrote:

you make a good point, several actually...

If they want us to stop posting, why can't they just come out and say "sorry guys, its not gonna happen, you are wasting your time?"

just like they could have told us last year, "hey man, buy your tickets now if you want to see them this year cuz they are not coming down your way at all this time around"

what is up with the total lack of communication?

I dont understand, and I know nobody here understands why we got left out and why we have been basically ignored over here, with the exception of the recent slap on the wrist for straying off topic.

i know stoneg personally, he's a good guy, and if he says he knows liz burns and she said nothing is happening, i believe him. totally 100% believe him.
    JTR wrote:
    Stoneg and all,

I completely agree with you, but I get conflicting information from all sides. Is Mrs. Burns saying they are not playing Lollapalooza?

I am not here to create havoc and mess with people. We all have the same goal. And when I tell you an band member says they are trying to put together a mini-tour around the mobilization for Lolla, then I passed that on. He is someone I believe in.

Please don't shoot the messenger. If they announce a mini-tour, I won't be mad at you either.
    Thank you for making an appearance, JTR.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    JTR wrote:
    Stoneg and all,

JTR, are you ever gonna tell us what happened to those effing bat wings?

and btw, i dont think you are here to wreak havoc or mess with our heads at all, its just that the waiting has gotten extremely hard to take
    And I totally believe Stoneg too. Just like when the band's financial management company in Nashville, CAA, told me last week that the only confirmed date was Lollapalooza. I still think they are trying to work out a 16 stop tour.

And that is my opinion.
    JTR wrote:
    Stoneg and all,

JTR I am not mad just venting and letting everyone else know what Liz Burns told me.I asked Liz if the are planning a Southern 2007 tour.And she told me that there are No Plans.I really do hope we do get are shows.Like Ty said just more waiting.We feel Very left out.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    THIS IS REALLY HARD FOR ME TOO.

I have been to 65 shows and there's nothing more I would like to see than a Southern spin.

If it didn't come from a band member, then I would have kept my mouth shut. Nicole Vandenberg I know and while she handles their public relations and tour event publicity (including charity efforts like WM3), I am not sure either Liz Burns or Nicole has the ability to say what might happen if things fall together.

And Ty, I am always lurking.