***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    His source is very good....but it is a relationship based on trust, so JTR can't really break that trust or won't break that trust.....I don't blame him either. A man is only as good as his word. Let's just wait and see what happens, umkay.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

umkay.

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JTR wrote:
    THIS IS REALLY HARD FOR ME TOO.

I have been to 65 shows and there's nothing more I would like to see than a Southern spin.

If it didn't come from a band member, then I would have kept my mouth shut. Nicole Vandenberg I know and while she handles their public relations and tour event publicity (including charity efforts like WM3), I am not sure either Liz Burns or Nicole has the ability to say what might happen if things fall together.

And Ty, I am always lurking.

well since you are here....THE WINGS, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WINGS? Do we have to be tortured on EVERYTHING?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    weenie wrote:
    I'm also starting to think that 10C is trying to persuade us to drop off.

That is an interesting theory when you consider how the tide may have turned in recent days. If that is the case (and I'm not sure if it is or not) it would bother me that they wouldn't give a definative statement like "dont get your hopes up because it isn't likely to happen this year unless things change". As dissapointing as it would be to hear that, it would be 100 times better than thinking there was a chance of some shows when in reality there wasn't.

As far as this thread does. They will have to ban me from the Message Pit and the band will have to come to my house and personally shut off my computer before I quit posting here. Or they could just play down here. That would get me away from this thread forever. :)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    possibly for eternity, who knows
    Brian
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    It would be nice if they would just say "Hey we are not going to play the south"or "Hey stay tuned news about southern tour sson." That would at least put our minds at ease.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    This is the answer:

Dear KAT,

If Pearl Jam is only playing Lollapalooza this year, then please let us know that our efforts could be directed toward more helpful things on this planet this year than fruitless petitioning to the band.

We will take your advice and all go out and put this much effort into a worthy cause and make a difference in our communities.

And, in 2008, we will start a new petition.

Thanks,

JR
    and folks... Ty is out of the equation. please, no pressure on him. All he offered was his trust - no information - and we cannot even try to compromise that.

What will be will be.

We are ALL dealing with communication, first hand. second hand and soemtimes thrid hand. All susceptable to semantics, interpretation and our own biases. We will have to chill until something real and tangible comes our way - official.

So, no new is now news, simply that.

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Would Kat know more then Liz or Nicole?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    I don't think anyone knows anything,Even the band at this point.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    I'm with you Dollparts... the fucking Bat Wings!!!!!

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    JTR wrote:
    This is the answer:

Dear KAT,

If Pearl Jam is only playing Lollapalooza this year, then please let us know that our efforts could be directed toward more helpful things on this planet this year than fruitless petitioning to the band.

We will take your advice and all go out and put this much effort into a worthy cause and make a difference in our communities.

Thanks,

JR

please Kat, all we want is a yes or no, is it that hard? Should this thread be put to rest?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Why are you ignoring me???
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'm iwth you Dollparts... the fucking Bat Wings!!!!!

the south abides,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Yeah what about the Bat Wings?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    I just emailed Carter the DJ from Orlando, sometimes he responds, sometimes he doesn't, but the last email I got back from him he said they were doing 18 dates, so I just emailed him asking if he's heard anything else! I will post later tonight if I here from him, going to the gym now!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    Kat is not going to say a "tweet" I bet.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    JTR wrote:
    And Ty, I am always lurking.

You don't have to worry about tybird. He aint no rat! Even when Michael Madsen poured gasoline on him, cut his ear off and started playing the song "Stuck in the Middle With You". Thought he'd sing like a canary, but he didn't see. He won't crack see. He's good people.

BTW all you people with sources...........when do we get our dirty little hands on the next installment of Pearl Jam on DVD?

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until tomorrow
    Brian
    Tomorrow I will post the answer link on the Bat Wings.

"I WILL NOT BE IGNORED!!!"

[name that movie]
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    you guys are all on crack. JTR...i jumped into this thread last week and read thru just about everything since your arrival in it (because a friend told me that you seemed legit)....and honestly...if i were here since the very beginning of FEBRUARY believing that "SOON SOON Ill be able to share info"....i wouldve killed someone by now. seriously. that was almost 2 months ago. yeah i know i dont have to read this thread or believe in any of it...but if you are gonna hype some classified info and then on an almost daily basis string people along with the hope that tomorrow will be the day...then fuckin deliver it. yeah i hope one of these days you...or more likely the 10club....will give us the info on a mini tour and tickets will of course go on sale the very next day...probably only announcing 1 concert at a time too just to fuck with us....but fuck....ya know? and now stoneg is saying the complete opposite as you.

i believe kurt cobain said it best when he said "you cant believe everything that you read". and on this board....you really cant believe ANYTHING you read....because doing so will only lead to false hope...and countless wasted hours sitting here waiting for that little memo that you have to be here tomorrow at 9am sharp if you want a chance to get tickets for an imaginary tour.

i guess all im saying is that pj needs to stop all this bullshit! its about time to announce at least if they are WORKING ON THE PLANS FOR A TOUR...and also confirm lolla too...now im not gonna waste money and buy tickets to lolla until i hear confirmation that pj is headlining. quit fuckin with us. its been getting old since the last tour. seriously.

and play the fuckin south!!
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
    Nice!
    JTR wrote:

[name that movie]

Fatal Attraction?
    Interesting choice of movies.

I mean.....BUMP
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    Brian
    Yes.

Goes back to the Fatal trivia. And all of this thread.
    JTR wrote:

[name that movie]

yeah tomorrow....sure ok....
    all-encompassing trip?
    tremorvoid wrote:
    you guys are all on crack. JTR...i jumped into this thread last week and read thru just about everything since your arrival in it (because a friend told me that you seemed legit)....and honestly...if i were here since the very beginning of FEBRUARY believing that "SOON SOON Ill be able to share info"....i wouldve killed someone by now. seriously. that was almost 2 months ago. yeah i know i dont have to read this thread or believe in any of it...but if you are gonna hype some classified info and then on an almost daily basis string people along with the hope that tomorrow will be the day...then fuckin deliver it. yeah i hope one of these days you...or more likely the 10club....will give us the info on a mini tour and tickets will of course go on sale the very next day...probably only announcing 1 concert at a time too just to fuck with us....but fuck....ya know? and now stoneg is saying the complete opposite as you.

i believe kurt cobain said it best when he said "you cant believe everything that you read". and on this board....you really cant believe ANYTHING you read....because doing so will only lead to false hope...and countless wasted hours sitting here waiting for that little memo that you have to be here tomorrow at 9am sharp if you want a chance to get tickets for an imaginary tour.

i guess all im saying is that pj needs to stop all this bullshit! its about time to announce at least if they are WORKING ON THE PLANS FOR A TOUR...and also confirm lolla too...now im not gonna waste money and buy tickets to lolla until i hear confirmation that pj is headlining. quit fuckin with us. its been getting old since the last tour. seriously.

and play the fuckin south!!
    I just tried to see what Info I could get on my own.I know Liz and she told me no plans.But I guess it does not mean that they are not planning on it soon.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    stoneg wrote:
    I just tried to see what Info I could get on my own.I know Liz and she told me no plans.But I guess it does not mean that they are not planning.

yes we know what info you got....youve said the exact same thing in your last 20 posts.

and i would jump out on a limb and said if she said NO PLANS....that means NO PLANS....planning is the process of making PLANS.
    all-encompassing trip?
  • MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183
    Just another bump
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
    JTR wrote:
    This is the answer:

Dear KAT,

Thanks,

JR

Ok, I didn't even notice you had posted this, I thought you had the dates? If you are so certain they are touring why did you make this post? I'm lost, I thought you had all the info and dates?
    tremorvoid wrote:
    yes we know what info you got....youve said the exact same thing in your last 20 posts.

and i would jump out on a limb and said if she said NO PLANS....that means NO PLANS....planning is the process of making PLANS.
    Well if it was'nt for people like you who can't read my other posts And then asks me the same questions.We really don't need you on this thread if you are going to be an a--hole.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    JTR wrote:
    Yes.

Goes back to the Fatal trivia. And all of this thread.

I do not disagree with you. Though now I'm thinking "Plato" Attraction and I'm a little weirded out.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    until tomorrow
    for real this post
    Brian
    stoneg wrote:
    Well if it was'nt for people like you who can't read my other posts And then asks me the same questions.We really don't need you on this thread if you are going to be an asshole.

im not an asshole...im a realist.

and i didnt ask you anything.
    all-encompassing trip?
    tremorvoid wrote:
    im not an asshole...im a realist.

and i didnt ask you anything.

were all friends here!
    TheGossman wrote:
    were all friends here!

yes i know! :D

i like you and everyone else just wants the truth to finally surface.
    all-encompassing trip?