***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    please play the south.

the art of posting: is it nature or nurture? i think i am a thread killer, i read the posts almost daily, but rarely post myself. it seems that when i post the thread goes to sleep... any ideas? am i missing something as far as posting etiquette?
    maybe i am better skilled at being an audience member than a player in the fan band. :)
    just a random thing man......keep posting if you want interaction, it will happen

peace
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    please play the south.

the art of posting: is it nature or nurture? i think i am a thread killer, i read the posts almost daily, but rarely post myself. it seems that when i post the thread goes to sleep... any ideas? am i missing something as far as posting etiquette?
    maybe i am better skilled at being an audience member than a player in the fan band. :)

welcome! and don't worry, many have tried to kill this thread, but so far, none have succeeded. not much chance your post will put this one to sleep ;-)
  • Dollpartz wrote:
    welcome! and don't worry, many have tried to kill this thread, but so far, none have succeeded. not much chance your post will put this one to sleep ;-)

thanks goodness! that's the last thing i would want, y'all worked so hard on this thread and pearl jam just has to head this way!
    ...this crooked heart swells all around...
  • just a random thing man......keep posting if you want interaction, it will happen

peace

thanks, and i know "man" can be universal, but i'm a WOman :)
    thanks, and i know "man" can be universal, but i'm a WOman :)
    funny....I seriously considered that and now laugh at myself for being to lazy to correct it, so in my head it was the universal "man" like in the stoner way....which led to the "peace" that followed
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    please play the south.

Ha, I think I undertand. Most of my posts are not responded to. Perhaps read, perhaps absorbed, but not a lot of interaction. But that is how I offer it. If I want a response then I have to make the effort and make it obvious. Most times I am just thinking out loud...and an answer is not required.
    But still I post. Like graffitti.

And lovely thought, JTR, whoever you are: "Sharing experience and mutual realization of what we are collectively witnessing and together feeling and understanding is what live Pearl Jam is all about. A list doesn't help the waiting. "

Boa Noite.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • funny....I seriously considered that and now laugh at myself for being to lazy to correct it, so in my head it was the universal "man" like in the stoner way....which led to the "peace" that followed

LOL, that's cool, i figured, but since i am new here, i wanted to be clear from the beginning, not that it matters if i am male or female, but obviously i am neurotic... ;)
  • SPALMA wrote:
    Ha, I think I undertand. Most of my posts are not responded to. Perhaps read, perhaps absorbed, but not a lot of interaction. But that is how I offer it. If I want a response then I have to make the effort and make it obvious. Most times I am just thinking out loud...and an answer is not required.
    But still I post. Like graffitti.

And lovely thought, JTR, whoever you are: "Sharing experience and mutual realization of what we are collectively witnessing and together feeling and understanding is what live Pearl Jam is all about. A list doesn't help the waiting. "

Boa Noite.

that's funny, i have been reading so long and your name is definately one in my head when i think of who posts on this thread. just so you know, your graffitti is read and absorbed.
    I love being at a Pearl Jam show....
    aside from my wife and children it is my number one desire (aside from the breathing, eating, drinking I think). I really, really need to see them soon. I love the standing in line for tickets, throwing the football in the parking lot with my buddy and most of all experiencing the music with a whole bunch of other people who love Pearl Jam too.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    LOL, that's cool, i figured, but since i am new here, i wanted to be clear from the beginning, not that it matters if i am male or female, but obviously i am neurotic... ;)
    I agree it is funny and I am just as neurotic. I have posted at times and then thought, "what the hell, dont everybody run from your computer at once, its not like I am Chris Hansen with Dateline"
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    And sometimes I post just so I can get to whatever level is past Red Mosquito
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • LOL, very funny. i can't wait to go to another pj concert. last year i flew to LA, but before that hadn't seen them since 2000, and only saw them once before that when they opened for the stones in oakland. i don't think i can take another pj drought. my coworkers are just about through with me talking about the "might happen" concerts this summer...
    LOL, very funny. i can't wait to go to another pj concert. last year i flew to LA, but before that hadn't seen them since 2000, and only saw them once before that when they opened for the stones in oakland. i don't think i can take another pj drought. my coworkers are just about through with me talking about the "might happen" concerts this summer...
    Once again I can relate....I have failed to convert all three of my closest coworkers, my office mate who is 64 calls them "trash" but I love her anyways ans still drive her crazy with playing it on my computer. To her dismay she knows all about the possible tour and how they didn't come anywhere near last year.

We work with MHMR a lot by the way, but up the Brazos from you in Parker County.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    passing another mile marker on the road to our destiny
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    passing another mile marker on the road to our destiny
    Them there milestones have been falling quickly here lately...:D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Its the fever like last spring
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    Good night for my Canes. A win and we are back in the playoff picture. The "atmosphere" was back in the arena tonight too. I'm tired! See all you wonderfull individuals tomorrow. Would be nice to hear something then, but I'm starting to think it is going to be a while before we get anything in the way of an official announcement of shows.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    tybird wrote:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

SO fast that its hard to keep up
    Brian
  • Once again I can relate....I have failed to convert all three of my closest coworkers, my office mate who is 64 calls them "trash" but I love her anyways ans still drive her crazy with playing it on my computer. To her dismay she knows all about the possible tour and how they didn't come anywhere near last year.

We work with MHMR a lot by the way, but up the Brazos from you in Parker County.

thats awesome, where do you work?
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    NCBRI wrote:
    I'm tired! See all you wonderfull individuals tomorrow. Would be nice to hear something then, but I'm starting to think it is going to be a while before we get anything in the way of an official announcement of shows.

THE SOUTH ABIDES

God knows, I hope you're wrong, but I fear you're right!

PLAY THE SOUTH SOON AND LET US KNOW SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
    Goodnight,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    SO fast that its hard to keep up
    I just grab what I can as it whizzes by..........like a freight train or an old time Southern Railway Passenger train like the Southern Crescent.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • night to all, thanks for the conversation, see you tomorrow.

pearl jam, play on down to the south, PLEASE :)
    thats awesome, where do you work?
    judge's office, we do mental commitment hearings on individuals sent to Wichita Falls or one of the few other hospitals that accept mental commitments. It is something I think most people are unaware happens and I happen to think our state government is horrible when it comes to its handling of the mentally ill. I think the process sucks. Dont get me wrong I think MHMR is great but not funded near enough. We see the same patients time after time again and the system never seems to help them. I believe you have to help yourself as well, but I just dont think Texas does near enough to help those who are in need. Ok that is my rant sorry. I feel better though.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • judge's office, we do mental commitment hearings on individuals sent to Wichita Falls or one of the few other hospitals that accept mental commitments. It is something I think most people are unaware happens and I happen to think our state government is horrible when it comes to its handling of the mentally ill. I think the process sucks. Dont get me wrong I think MHMR is great but not funded near enough. We see the same patients time after time again and the system never seems to help them. I believe you have to help yourself as well, but I just dont think Texas does near enough to help those who are in need. Ok that is my rant sorry. I feel better though.

i absolutely agree! i read statistics the other day about mental health funding...texas gets about $30 per capita, the u.s. as a whole averages $90 per capita, and waco, tx, is about $10 per capita. definately something wrong with this picture. i no longer work on the MH side, i am now on the MR side, but its not much better as far as funding. now i really have to go, my husband said it is time for bed. have a good day tomorrow, nice to know a fellow pj fan in a similar line of work.
    i absolutely agree! i read statistics the other day about mental health funding...texas gets about $30 per capita, the u.s. as a whole averages $90 per capita, and waco, tx, is about $10 per capita. definately something wrong with this picture. i no longer work on the MH side, i am now on the MR side, but its not much better as far as funding. now i really have to go, my husband said it is time for bed. have a good day tomorrow, nice to know a fellow pj fan in a similar line of work.
    agreed lets hope for Dallas in 07
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Large fingers pushing paint
    You're god and you've got big hands
    The colors blend... the challenges you give man

Seek my part... devote myself
    My small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Sometimes I know, sometimes I rise
    Sometimes I fall, sometimes I don't
    Sometimes I cringe, sometimes I live
    Sometimes I walk, sometimes I kneel
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all
    Sometimes I reach to myself, dear god

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    agreed lets hope for Dallas in 07

FUCK yeah!

Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South

Having fun in Los Angeles

Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    Play the South
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Well, I got home from work at 12:45 p.m. and just ate dinner. Those 16 hour days are so great! Wish I could work them all the time!

NOT

Everbody except Flagg is in bed - so goodnight Flagg.......Zzzzzzz
    Pleasant dreams southern jammers.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    weenie wrote:
    Well, I got home from work at 12:45 p.m. and just ate dinner. Those 16 hour days are so great! Wish I could work them all the time!

NOT

Everbody except Flagg is in bed - so goodnight Flagg.......Zzzzzzz
    Pleasant dreams southern jammers.

Oh, wow! That is a long day!

Its only 10:30 here. Good night!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    dangerboy wrote:
    Large fingers pushing paint
    You're god and you've got big hands
    The colors blend... the challenges you give man

Seek my part... devote myself
    My small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Sometimes I know, sometimes I rise
    Sometimes I fall, sometimes I don't
    Sometimes I cringe, sometimes I live
    Sometimes I walk, sometimes I kneel
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all
    Sometimes I reach to myself, dear god

Flashback time! Think I'll throw that 98 Raleigh boot in the car today. Will definitely have the sun roof open on what should be a beautiful 85 degree day in The Triangle.

Now matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead
    Brian