***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Flagg wrote:
    gardenlover

Yeah, Gardenlover! He STARTED this thread. And he is one enlightened dude! I'd probably marry him if he was single..... :)

and that's a pretty sparse crowd...
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Monday's bump...

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    Okay...here is the list of who I sent a PM to last night. Did I leave off anyone of note?

NCBRI
    Leathermandi
    The Gossman
    Flagg
    SPALMA
    Dollpartz
    Pathorses
    Makingwaves
    grjammer
    Weenie
    *Their Invisible Crown
    RodrigoDu
    holleroxx
    lukin321

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

unofficial sticky

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    tybird wrote:
    I am hoping that I did not overlook anyone in sending out PMs last night. If I did, let me know. I will fix that situation.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

hi
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    bumping it up!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    today has sucked. need some good news.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • SPALMA wrote:
    here's a more complete list:

tybird 1,600
    weenie 554
    SPALMA 538
    NCBRI 429
    dangerboy 428
    Dollpartz 407
    stoneg 370
    MakingWaves 242
    holleroxx 240
    Flagg 189
    LeatherMandi 172
    Pearl_Juli 169
    yield2me 159
    BarkingDogs 136
    mwachsman 116
    gardenlover 109
    TheGossman 100
    BeBe 95
    red mos 76
    callen 72
    intodeep 65
    RodrigoDu 60
    NotSoElderlyWoman 57
    jb13letters 53
    *TheirInvisibleCrown 48
    Dance For Me 45
    pjalive21 44
    JTR 44
    eddie's Tone rocks 43
    pathorses 42
    presenttents 41
    cookie5798 40
    abhi101cru 39
    artjam 38
    lukin321 37
    you are 37
    therover 36
    THE LOOK 33
    CJMST3K 31
    BPH_4LIFE 28
    Thierry Henry 28
    daystar143 27
    behindtheeyes 20
    wahine 20
    Oklahoma PJ Fan 20
    spinDrAtl 20
    lance_gray 19
    Tarheel Jammer 19
    cassidp 18
    Bdog10 17
    Bad Habit 48 17
    bryanfury 16
    MikeVon 15
    Abookamongstthemany 14
    Big Green Country 14
    PissBottleMan 13
    rhinomagic 13
    blondieblue227 13
    twolegsyield 13
    carbon436 12
    fr3dly 12
    flyingsquirell 12
    wickedmonkeyz 11
    acidfuel 11
    Nothingman54 11
    mnrhyner 11
    LBCSublime 11
    Galaxie2X4 11
    Ms. Haiku 10
    Vinyl'sTheWayToGo 10
    Whipping_Boy 10

I guess i'm a "player" since i'm on SPALMA's list...rock on. anyone want to forward me the PM?
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    By the way, I promise that I am not here to fuck with people and start rumors. I love and enjoy this music and the folks that write and play it like everyone else here. My motivation is that I too really want to have a summer and fall where my friends and I can travel a little and enjoy life and the experience that binds us - which Pearl Jam provides. More than that, I know them all and they are the most decent, normal, and thought provoking people you'll meet (not to mention very funny) and that is really important.

As soon as I get the slightest chirp from my source (and tybird knows who that is), I will pass it on.

Could I get that PM too Ty?
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I guess i'm a "player" since i'm on SPALMA's list...rock on. anyone want to forward me the PM?

Only Tybird has that honor. That is the deal.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    JTR wrote:
    By the way, I promise that I am not here to fuck with people and start rumors. I love and enjoy this music and the folks that write and play it like everyone else here. My motivation is that I too really want to have a summer and fall where my friends and I can travel a little and enjoy life and the experience that binds us - which Pearl Jam provides. More than that, I know them all and they are the most decent, normal, and thought provoking people you'll meet (not to mention very funny) and that is really important.

As soon as I get the slightest chirp from my source (and tybird knows who that is), I will pass it on.

Thanks JTR. I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate it!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • right on. i'm just glad to be a part of this thread.

it's gonna BLOW UP when we get some news.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    And Tybird, if you will send me the same PM you sent everyone else, I will mail you an original signed (by the whole band) poster from SF '06. Aren't you a poster guy?
    JTR wrote:
    And Tybird, if you will send me the same PM you sent everyone else, I will mail you an original signed (by the whole band) poster from SF '06. Aren't you a poster guy?

Tybird did good... you needn't worry.

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    JTR wrote:

i would like to add that i did not forward my source info to ty in an effort to denounce or disprove anything that jtr has said. actually, just the opposite. i wanted ty to be able to weigh things in his mind to help him help us. nothing more. if jtr's source seems more credible than mine, i have no problem with that. i can tell you, though, that since it seems that ty has come to that conclusion, jtr's source is really, really, really good....

unofficial sticky "from the horse's mouth kinda good" source bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    What is all this talk of 'sources'? I don't really feel like filtering through 100s of pages to find out.

My wife and I have been postponing vacations for two years now waiting for a southern tour.....it's about time we find something out.
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    ^ i feel for you bro...

im in the same position...

basically, we have no news.... and we just have to wait it out... someone has "sources"
    but it really doesnt mean anything other than, we might get a heads up

JTR says that he is pretty sure they are gonna play the south... so ...
    other than that sorry , wish i had something else to tell you :(
  • spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Gwinnett Arena in ATL.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
    reblfan wrote:
    What is all this talk of 'sources'? I don't really feel like filtering through 100s of pages to find out.

My wife and I have been postponing vacations for two years now waiting for a southern tour.....it's about time we find something out.

WE have a couple of contributors that have credible sources for information regarding PJ & upcoming tours (or not). JTR has chosen to substantiate his claims with one member (Tybird) who has given us an unbiased analysis of his credibility without revealing any specific information. Ty believes JTR, and is letting us know that(generically).

Dangerboy has also forwarded some details regarding his sources to a few of us which also seem quite valid.

But we all acknowledge that there is no information out there yet... however, JTR seems to think an announcement is imminent. He will release information once his sources release him (priviledged communication based on trust).
    - and if JTR is female, I apologize... I just picked one gender and went with it.

Now Dangerboy, and I confidently call him "boy", seems to say that no news is out there yet, but will keep hounding his sources.

So, we have determined that these folks are not just fucking with us to be mean and that there is no news at the present. But they are on board and will forward what they can, when they can. (for which I am truly grateful) Oh, and we found out that Tybird is a true gentleman.

Did I miss anything?

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JTR wrote:
    Actually I have not been using a "boilerplate", but the message has been the same.....I will pm you some examples, how about that. I don't look gift horses in the mouth. :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    SPALMA wrote:
    WE have a couple of contributors that have credible sources for information regarding PJ & upcoming tours (or not). JTR has chosen to substantiate his claims with one member (Tybird) who has given us an unbiased analysis of his credibility without revealing any specific information. Ty believes JTR, and is letting us know that(generically).

Dangerboy has also forwarded some details regarding his sources to a few of us which also seem quite valid.

But we all acknowledge that there is no information out there yet... however, JTR seems to think an announcement is imminent. He will release information once his sources release him (priviledged communication based on trust).
    - and if JTR is female, I apologize... I just picked one gender and went with it.

Now Dangerboy, and I confidently call him "boy", seems to say that no news is out there yet, but will keep hounding his sources.

So, we have determined that these folks are not just fucking with us to be mean and that there is no news at the present. But they are on board and will forward what they can, when they can. (for which I am truly grateful) Oh, and we found out that Tybird is a true gentleman.

Did I miss anything?
    Nope.......that is an excellent recap of the events of recent weeks. Thank you for the compliment.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    WOW. Looks like I've missed a lot of stuff, hahaha :p

~Play the South~ :)
    ~Play the South~ :D
    ~Play the South~ :cool:
    ~Play the South~ :p
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

Well, kind of... I guess we all agree that there is no news...yet.

Pearl_Juli wrote:

haha SPALMA said it first

was just gonna say

u really havnt missed much.... except tybird gets a poster, the fucker :D
    except tybird gets a poster, the fucker :D

Yeah.... lucky!

callen wrote:
    friend.....oh and top of the page bump.

Had a thought....Eddie and the boys are reading this...send us each a PM and get us together at one venue....and we're up front....well?? Fellas??? We'd be reaaaaaalllly appreciative....show all those northerners how to jump and scream....Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff......hell Boom???? You there???

Actually, I like this idea the best... if anybody has any pull around here, it would be great to get the whole group together in a special section for one of the shows, with GREAT seats of course! A central show, like Atlanta...

• RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    Thanks Ty for the PM! and I guess thanks JTR for confirming your sources.... I hope they "release you" sometime soon so you can tell us the actual tour list for the South.

Hope is still alive... and hope is the most important thing of all.

Play the SOUTH!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    SPALMA wrote:
    Actually, I like this idea the best... if anybody has any pull around here, it would be great to get the whole group together in a special section for one of the shows, with GREAT seats of course! A central show, like Atlanta...
    ...and the band needs to play the Neil Young song "Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" for us. :D

The "Top 12" on Spalma's list have all gotten PMs. A few others (recent contributors) also got a PM from me. JTR has received the text from all of these PMs in a good faith move on the part of both sides.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    At work and boooooored
    hahaha...

just cuz we suck and stay on line alot doesnt mean we should get special treatment :D

great idea though

(im kidding, i would just be happy to hang with some peeps at this point, even if we are far away)
    Flagg wrote:
    gardenlover
    I actually sent gardenlover one of the first PMs, then left him off my list. :rolleyes:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~