***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• NCBRI wrote:
    OH well, guess I will have to settle for my Heels taking care of business today. Big relief. Little scary at the end. Afraid Hansbrough may have broken his nose, but all is good.

that was one of the dirtiest shots in recent memory, and absolute bullshit that the guy is only suspended one game, if the ncaa doesn't take any further action i would hope duke would, such a classic rivalry, it's a shame that happened
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    it has been a while since i brought this up but,......

Just try. Try to name a part of the country or the world, for that matter -- that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

You cain't, child. There ain't none.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.
    Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.
    The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.
    If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.
    So again I want to tell the band that is Pearl Jam-WE LOVE YA'LL!!!
    come on now tell us something.

Warm be the love that surrounds you;
    Good be your friends, and true;
    Constant be hope and promise;
    Useful the work that you do;
    Close be your family around you;
    Good health be yours day by day;
    Long be the life that you're living,
    And full of much joy on the way.
    Peace to the PJ nation.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    NCBRI wrote:
    So.
    I don't see any damn beans lying around.
    I take it that The Chosen One "aka tybird" has not heard anything from JTR since their top secret exchange of email addresses.
    Dangerboy, you hear anything of note from your end?
    All these secrets and all I want is a bean or two to spill. I need some beans!
    OH well, guess I will have to settle for my Heels taking care of business today. Big relief. Little scary at the end. Afraid Hansbrough may have broken his nose, but all is good.

"beans beans are good for your heart "

the more you eat the more you

go to shows i guess :D
    it has been a while since i brought this up but,......

Just try. Try to name a part of the country or the world, for that matter -- that's done more for music in the last 150 years than these Southern United States.

You cain't, child. There ain't none.

We birthed the blues. We launched rock 'n' roll. We've been the seat of gospel, the bastion of bluegrass, the home to the world's hottest hip-hop. We've dug deep down to our Nappy Roots, fostered Stephen Foster, screamed "Sweet Home Alabama" and gotten straight-up Ludacris, from Memphis to Mobile to Uncle Tupelo.
    Southern music encompasses all kinds of styles, yet it hangs together as a coherent genre. Nobody's ever heard of New England music or Midwestern music, but down here we know that rock can have soul and rap can be country, and even wimpy folk can count so long as it's got Carolina in its mind. Southern music's more of a sensibility than a sound.
    The South is about big ideas (like pain and redemption) and small pleasures (like the look of grandma's hands). The South is also increasingly diverse -- racially, economically and politically.
    If our music has a common thread, it's the thread of hope -- hope that this mystical land won't lose all that's made it special and that it's not too proud to admit when it's wrong. Those are some big challenges. But they're nothing the music can't handle.
    So again I want to tell the band that is Pearl Jam-WE LOVE YA'LL!!!
    come on now tell us something.

Warm be the love that surrounds you;
    Good be your friends, and true;
    Constant be hope and promise;
    Useful the work that you do;
    Close be your family around you;
    Good health be yours day by day;
    Long be the life that you're living,
    And full of much joy on the way.
    Peace to the PJ nation.

fuck yeah dude! you are brilliant!

that is so true...

so with that said...

Pearl Jam,

without the south, you would be a shit stain on the underwear of society, and never have heard rock n roll.

Signed With Love,

The south

(yes! we will scare them in to playing the south)
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Ty can make a good judgement now. If not, I will send more.

LeatherMandi has it right.
    JTR wrote:

so who are you dude?

:D

your like batman or something
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JTR wrote:

Hope floats......I am convinced that our belief in what he is saying is well-founded. His connection appears solid. His information is more than likely legitimate. Please remember that he is not in control of the situation, and it is not his fault if things change between now and the future. That said, I added the disclaimer myself because he has been honest in his dealings with us. He, in no way, indicated to me that a change was even being considered.

I am supposed to PM the gang or is this good enough for y'all?

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    ok well...

you guys go be secret agents :D

ill just be lurking from afar... enjoying my microwave pizza.

mmmm.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    that was one of the dirtiest shots in recent memory, and absolute bullshit that the guy is only suspended one game, if the ncaa doesn't take any further action i would hope duke would, such a classic rivalry, it's a shame that happened

I actually don't think he tried to hit Tyler in the face. However, as an athlete, you have to be in control. He was definately out of control and entirely too aggressive on that play. You have to be responsible for your actions and I agree with the call of a flagrant foul and ejection. As a rule, you are automatically suspended the next game when you get ejected. I think that is enough. Im just glad he didn't break Tyler's nose, because the last thing we need is him playing in The Big Dance with one of those face masks. Also glad they grabbed him before he had a chance to go after Henderson. We don't need him getting suspended for Friday's game.
    All in all it was another typical hard fought Carolina/Duke game. Maybe not as much drama score wise, but it was still one to remember.
    Brian
    "beans beans are good for your heart "

the more you eat the more you

go to shows i guess :D

Yeah that's the way my Grandma always taught me!
    Brian
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Very fair Ty. I am concerned about how long it is taking for them to put his together. There has been more than one setback. However, they are "steadfast" in their goal to catch the South. Soon.
    JTR wrote:
    Very fair Ty. I am concerned about how long it is taking for them to put his together. There has been more than one setback. However, they are "steadfast" in their goal to catch the South. Soon.

Any feelings on when we might hear something?

Oh, and though Im sure you aren't happy with the outcome, it was a well fought game today by both sides.
    Brian
    JTR wrote:

wow, i believe you because the way you just said that.
    JTR wrote:
    I make every attempt to be fair. If it does not happen, it won't because you said not to do it. So, I threw in a disclaimer for you. I am satisfied with your credentials. If it happens, it happens when it happens. You have been helpful in keeping hope alive, and I do not wish to see you become a target due to something beyond your control.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    Hope floats......I am convinced that our belief in what he is saying is well-founded. His connection appears solid. His information is more than likely legitimate. Please remember that he is not in control of the situation, and it is not his fault if things change between now and the future. That said, I added the disclaimer myself because he has been honest in his dealings with us. He, in no way, indicated to me that a change was even being considered.

I am supposed to PM the gang or is this good enough for y'all?

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

sorry, ty, but what does that mean?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    tybird wrote:
    I make every attempt to be fair. If it does not happen, it won't because you said not to do it. So, I threw in a disclaimer for you. I am satisfied with your credentials. If it happens, it happens when it happens. You have been helpful in keeping hope alive, and I do not wish to see you become a target due to something beyond your control.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

heavy man..

want a toke?
    wow, i believe you because the way you just said that.

I think we are all on board. I hope the wait isn't too much longer.
    Brian
    im a huge baseball fan.....

but for some reason, im not looking foward to spring training this year....

there has just been so much drama with baseball lately, that it has become abnoxious.

sad :(
    heavy man..

want a toke?
    Sorry......I'm highly allergic to the some stuff. I avoid it like the plague.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    dangerboy wrote:
    sorry, ty, but what does that mean?
    It only means that I inserted the disclaimer on my own. I was worried that some folks might read too much into the disclaimer, so I added that sentence. I apologize for any confusion.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    im a huge baseball fan.....

but for some reason, im not looking foward to spring training this year....

there has just been so much drama with baseball lately, that it has become abnoxious.

sad :(

Did you post this in the wrong thread? ;)
    By the way, I can't wait for opening day.
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    Sorry......I'm highly allergic to the some stuff. I avoid it like the plague.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

aw shucks man, im sorry. That blows.... Bear hug instead?
    aw shucks man, im sorry. That blows.... Bear hug instead?
    That's :cool:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Goodnight everyone. Maybe some good news this week?

I have to go to Iowa on Wednesday. Hope it warms a little first.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Goodnight everyone. Maybe some good news this week?

I have to go to Iowa on Wednesday. Hope it warms a little first.
    Have a great one............been a great weekend here, but Monday looms.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    "Just spent the last few minutes catching up" bump
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    Monday morning "GET BACK TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE" bump.

This could be the day. (I have a feeling I will be saying this for a while.)
    Brian
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    good morning. hoping today is the day.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest