Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    ...and another = TWO.....for Tuesday

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    What a paradox...........everyone wants to live on the coast, but you can't get insurance on the coast. Ah, America. :rolleyes:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

LOTs of houses for sale down here. Retirees can't afford on fixed income. My friend's house insurance increased $6000 this year. Local business is moving to Tennesse (insurance reasons) and laying off 50+ people.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    LOTs of houses for sale down here. Retirees can't afford on fixed income. My friend's house insurance increased $6000 this year. Local business is moving to Tennesse (insurance reasons) and laying off 50+ people.
    I guess the insurance business will stop the exodus to the coast....seeing some movement into quaint mountain towns in northeast Alabama.....lots of well-to-do retirees are planting retirement villas on the side of mountains in and around some of the sleepy little villages there.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    I guess the insurance business will stop the exodus to the coast....seeing some movement into quaint mountain towns in northeast Alabama.....lots of well-to-do retirees are planting retirement villas on the side of mountains in and around some of the sleepy little villages there.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Tennessee is the new "North Carolina" down here.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Double play....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    All's good. Jeff sees all. Feels the bass undertones. He (like me) would love to spit out the dates. Would make everyone mad. Soon will come.

Lets try another approach. JTR.........I have a family reunion the weekend of July 14th. Could this "potentially" be confrontational?
    Brian
    Once again for those who didn't see the earlier post:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=234407

~ THE SOUTH ABIDES ~
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Congrats on passing 7600 posts to the crew.......

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    bump
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    the jeff interview seems too good to be true. why was the name of the periodical or whatever that this "charlie gray" was from removed?

unofficial sticky cautious bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    sneaking in another double shot...

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    after about 1 month of winter down here..................let the thaw begin
    back to the 60s..........now that is what Im talking about
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    dangerboy wrote:
    the jeff interview seems too good to be true. why was the name of the periodical or whatever that this "charlie gray" was from removed?

unofficial sticky cautious bump

You are probably right, but like I said a week or two ago I have officially thrown myself under the bus. If I'm wrong in believing they will be here this summer than I'll get run over by the bus. I already have tire tracks across my back from the 2006 "Not For You" Tour bus. It can't get any worse. All signs are pointing towards something possitive happening.

Oh yeah, and tomorrow night's game should be a good one. :) My bold prediction side says Carolina by 15, but my perception says that if the same State team that we have seen lately shows up then its gonna be a close one that goes right down to the wire.
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRI wrote:
    You are probably right, but like I said a week or two ago I have officially thrown myself under the bus. If I'm wrong in believing they will be here this summer than I'll get run over by the bus. I already have tire tracks across my back from the 2006 "Not For You" Tour bus. It can't get any worse. All signs are pointing towards something possitive happening.

You know what? I'm gonna throw myself under the bus with you......I believe it will happen! Hopefully we won't have more tire tracks across our backs but I truly think they are coming South this summer/fall. I've been hurt before but what the hell....?
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    i will NOT give up!!

PLAY the SOUTH!!
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    NCBRI, you'll be a-o-k for the Raleigh show. Hope you are making more shows than that, though.

All I know is that I am tired of travelling to Canada, the Great West, and the Pacific Ocean etc. to see the band (though it's always worth it). We all can agree that there's is really something different about seeing Pearl Jam in our comfort zone - down here in Nashville for instance the weather is always heat lightning-ish and humid as id. They always open Release in NC and Oceans here. Going to Hawaii or Phoenix or SoCal where the pretty palm trees sway is cute, but not the same.

To give everyone a good example of what's going on, here in Nashville the date was planned at the local amphitheater that resembles every other one in the country other than East Troy, and Live Nation, the owner, closed it to sell to a real estate developer (of which creed I am also). And so the band is now jockeying to find a replacement.

In general it is true that "Tours" in the South, not just Pearl Jam, have not been commercial successes. However, they haven't been a loss.

Look forward to meeting some of you on this thread at the shows in July, August, and September.

PLAY THE SOUTH
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    And if you didn't read this from Ed:

Q: I understand that the guys would present riffs and you'd pick the weird one instead of the one that sounded like Pearl Jam. And also, I wonder if there were other songs that were as catchy or as poppy as "Betterman" but we never heard them because they weren't what you wanted.

A: "Yeah. We were all trying to tame the beast. I was the guy who got [stalkers] or whatever, it just happened. And so it probably seemed more life-threatening to me to tame the beast. And you know, we're talking about melodies and hooks in a song, and could that be life-threatening? But, I've just explained it. I felt that with any more popularity we were going to be crushed, or our heads were going to pop like grapes. I went through this fucking yearlong period where I wore helmets all the time. It was like army helmets that I'd find, or just like whatever. It was this kind of analogy, like I need a helmet...I felt like...it's just funny looking...sleeping in a fucking army helmet. I remember one day after a Lollapalooza gig, I woke up in a hotel in an army helmet and a T-shirt. And, I heard a live band playing. I thought it was a live band. So I went out the door to see if it was live. I had to know -- was that a real stand-up bass? Or were they just playing music in the atrium or whatever? So I pushed the door open, went to look, you know, and I looked back and the door just went [makes a clicking sound]. So I'm standing in the hotel, in this atrium thing and I've got an army helmet on and a T-shirt.

Q: In like your underwear? Nothing?

A: "Nothing; army helmet and a T-shirt. I was thinking, "Aww, this is really bad." And so I go down to the maids, but they won't let me in. I don't know anybody else's room number. Everyone's got a pseudonym. I don't know who's what. And, so I take the T-shirt off, wrap it around the back, put the army helmet over the front, go down in this glass elevator, it's Easter Sunday -- this all starts to hit me -- it's Easter Sunday, there's all these people in their Easter [best]. It was somewhere in the Midwest like Milwaukee or something. I had to walk through the people, and parents were hiding their kids from this freaky guy. It must have been like a real apparition. Then -- sorry I got into this story; I'll just finish it -- but the funny thing is that I actually waited in line. There was a line at the front desk. I actually waited in line behind two other people. It was kind of a Tarzan goes to Vietnam look or something. And then of course you get to the lady, tell her your problem, locked out of your room and, of course, she asks for an ID. That's when I lost it."

Vintage
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    End of the night double shot, Two for Tuesday style.....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • here's the link for the ampitheatre closing in nashville... thanks for the updates jtr, keep them coming, but i have to ask as i have not seen it in any of your posts, how exactly do you know what you've been hinting at? it seems like your holding back on info due to outside obligations, which is cool, i'm just curious

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070213/BUSINESS01/70213055

Starwood to close; Live Nation pulls plug on 2007 season
    Real estate deal is close, company says; property zoned commercial

BY RYAN UNDERWOOD
    STAFF WRITER

Starwood Amphitheatre in Antioch has been closed by its parent company, Live Nation, in advance of a likely sale to an undisclosed buyer, a company spokesman confirmed today.
    "We are in serious discussions with a buyer for the Starwood Amphitheatre. We have made the decision to close the amphitheatre pending the completion of the deal, which has resulted in the eliminations of several positions from the venue," Live Nation spokesman John Vlautin said in a statement.

The company also confirmed that the potential buyer is not an entertainment company, suggesting that the land will likely go to a real estate developer. Live Nation declined to identify who may be on the other end of the deal or an ageed-upon price for the site.
    It's unclear who's buying the site or for what purpose. At this point the site is zoned for commercial use.

In closing the 65-acre outdoor venue, Live Nation effectively scrapped Starwood's 2007 concert season, reversing an earlier pledge from the company not to do so.

The Tennessean will have more on the story as it unfolds. In the meantime, we want to hear about your fondest memories of the 22-year-old amphitheatre. Please post comments in Story Chat or email reporter Ryan Underwood at runderwood@tennessean.com.
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    Wednesday morning bump from down South.

By the way JTR, thanks for info. Funny story about Ed and on an Easter Sunday at that.
    Brian
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good Morning Bump.Jeff has to be right.Come on Jeff get all the other guys asses down here!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012