***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    hey guys (of pearl jam, that is), you've got to play the south. we miss you! and some of us (me!) have never seen you. so please, please, please come to the south. to hear you sing live would be absolutely amazing!! everytime i've tried to go to a concert, my plans were wrecked. :(

PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • Play OK in 07!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

soon............!!

Goodnight jammers.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    ok, this is getting to be a bit tiresome ;)

play the fucking south you twats!!! :D:D:D
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    tybird wrote:
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

*bump* Ditto ;)
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=234407

JA = that basist dude
    CG = some interview dude

CG: Staying on the tour, a lot of fans from the South are getting frustrated that you aren’t playing shows there, while the Tri-State area consistently gets shows. Is this a deliberate thing?

JA: Well, first off, we know we have a massive fan base in the South. We don’t intend to ignore them. The main difference between the Riot Act tour and the last tour was time. Because (in 2006) we wanted to tour Europe, as well as play some shows with Tom Petty, plus a month in Australia and Hawaii, we only had time for a handful of shows in the States, compared to previous tours. For the Riot Act tour we played quite a few shows in the South, too. I understand the disappointment, but as I said, we’re playing some shows at home after Europe so keep your ears and eyes open.

CG: Can you shed any more light on the tour, any specifics?

JA: I’ve probably told you too much already, man! (laughs) No, just kidding (laughs) All I know is we have Europe coming up in June, some festivals there as well as a few other shows. Copenhagen is going to be very special, obviously, and we have some cool stuff planned for the show in London…
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Just give us some dates
    All we want is some dates

~ PEARL JAM WILL PLAY THE SOUTH THIS SUMMER ~

Now where the hell is that little birdie? Start Tweeting!!
    Brian
    PLEASE play the SOUTH!!
    You got to spend it all
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Two for Tuesday

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    NCBRI wrote:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=234407

JA = that basist dude
    CG = some interview dude

CG: Staying on the tour, a lot of fans from the South are getting frustrated that you aren’t playing shows there, while the Tri-State area consistently gets shows. Is this a deliberate thing?

JA: Well, first off, we know we have a massive fan base in the South. We don’t intend to ignore them. The main difference between the Riot Act tour and the last tour was time. Because (in 2006) we wanted to tour Europe, as well as play some shows with Tom Petty, plus a month in Australia and Hawaii, we only had time for a handful of shows in the States, compared to previous tours. For the Riot Act tour we played quite a few shows in the South, too. I understand the disappointment, but as I said, we’re playing some shows at home after Europe so keep your ears and eyes open.

CG: Can you shed any more light on the tour, any specifics?

JA: I’ve probably told you too much already, man! (laughs) No, just kidding (laughs) All I know is we have Europe coming up in June, some festivals there as well as a few other shows. Copenhagen is going to be very special, obviously, and we have some cool stuff planned for the show in London…

I hope that is real.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    I hope that is real.

me too!

PLAY the SOUTH!!

PLEASE! :D
    You got to spend it all
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    My business liablity insurance went from $18,000 to $42,000 (after they cancelled us - and no claims in 25 years)!

Florida needs some fucking relief.

Pearl Jam could help - even just by playing a few shows down here so I can step away from this for a little while.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Two for Tuesday

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Jeffy giving us some hope.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    It's still "Two for Tuesday"

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    here's a bump for the south and here's to hoping...
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Here's mine......

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    SOON!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ....doing it twice, 'cause we're so nice.......down here in the South, that is. :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Two for Tuesday tag........
  • SPALMA wrote:
    My business liablity insurance went from $18,000 to $42,000 (after they cancelled us - and no claims in 25 years)!

Florida needs some fucking relief.

Pearl Jam could help - even just by playing a few shows down here so I can step away from this for a little while.

That really SUX!! What are all the homeowners going to do when they can't get insurance on the coast?

Yeah, you need some relief: PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    pathorses wrote:
    That really SUX!! What are all the homeowners going to do when they can't get insurance on the coast?

Yeah, you need some relief: PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!
    What a paradox...........everyone wants to live on the coast, but you can't get insurance on the coast. Ah, America. :rolleyes:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    BAM!!!!!! Another double shot on "Two for Tuesday"!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    All's good. Jeff sees all. Feels the bass undertones. He (like me) would love to spit out the dates. Would make everyone mad. Soon will come.