*Sign here if you are tired of all the Chris Cornell threads.*

Comments

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Thank you for this thread!

Don't get me wrong, I like Chris Cornell, I love Soundgarden, and I even liked some of Audioslave's material...but the amount of Cornell worship on this forum is bordering on psychotic. People around here seem to think he's the second coming of Christ. I don't get it.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    I think you pissed some people off. Every Cornell thread known to man is on the first page right now!! LOL!!!!
  • Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter Posts: 2,832
    Yellow Bedwetter
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    where the hell did all these threads come from? and why?
    signed.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    1. This is a pearl jam forum,
    2. This is a sub forum, entitled other music.
    3. Chris Cornell constitutes other music, hence the threads
    4. Go back to the porch if you dont like it. The moderators should move cornell threads into this forum.
    5. There are many links btwn cornell and pj, so its not surprising that many pj fans are also cornell fans. Behave yourself!

sheesh.

yeah Cornell does constitutes other music but there are so many threads about him. you say that it's not surprising that so many PJ fans are cornell fans. you're right it's not. but there should be another forum. maybe not just specifically for Cornell but for all the "grunge" bands (alice, nirvana, soundgarden, mudhoney, etc). and i don't see why you had to title yourpost "to the dickhead above me." I always figured English girls to be classier than that.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • What makes you think i'm english? and what made u think english girls are classy?

you were being a dickhead so i called you one. boo hoo.

still, that s a good idea about a grunge forum, that way other music would mean not grunge music.

still, why open a cornell thread if you dont want to read it? or bother to post? seems like your not as much a cornell hater as you think.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I want to sign again. Can i cheat and put my name down twice?

:)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
    3. Otis

Cornell blows.

Bless his heart, he just wants to be relevant so very badly.

I've noticed a strange phenomanon; the tighter and more plastic your pants become the crappier your music gets. Ala Cornell and Weiland.

dude. what the hell are you talking about? he doesnt wear plastic pants...regular jeans...

if you dont like cornell fine..great...live life with your obviously painted ears...

its called Other Music...people relax...maybe there should be a subfolder for Cornell...on the main page.

oh, and this isn't a siggie in support...I think we need MORE cornell threads.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Chris cornell has sucked after soundgarden broke. People who don´t realize that, make up stupid Cornell threads on the pearj jam message pit (exept this one off course)
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Signed, Al Coe
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    chris cornell is amazing .. seriously just ignore the threads and quit whining.
    and the new solo stuff .. so far is pretty good .. his last solo album 'euphoria morning' in 1999 was absolutely BRILLLIANT .. just as good as any soundgarden album.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    chris cornell is amazing .. seriously just ignore the threads and quit whining.
    and the new solo stuff .. so far is pretty good .. his last solo album 'euphoria morning' in 1999 was absolutely BRILLLIANT .. just as good as any soundgarden album.
    no
  • RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    lars wrote:
    Chris cornell has sucked after soundgarden broke. People who don´t realize that, make up stupid Cornell threads on the pearj jam message pit (exept this one off course)

What's the pearj jam message pit? Learn to spell before being a jerk...lmao at you.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    and everyone LOVED the show! He was incredible.......no missed notes, hit all the highs like he was 25, AMAZING!!! The other thing I'm loving is all the fan reviews saying pretty much the same thing, show after show..........if you don't like him like Claire and Chuck said, don't open the fucking thread.......how hard is that???

I'm also seeing him in SF on July 10th..........

Chuckie, up for a road trip??? The gang will all be there!!!
    ;)
  • This may explain why all the CC threads have started recentely. I recieved an email from the Chris Cornell street team

Hey troops,

Just a couple of weeks before the album hits the stores. Are you all excited? We certainly are! Lots of stuff we're still working on but here's how you can start to help now...

Where to post...
    Go to forums of other bands you like. It helps if you've already been a member of another community and just talk about Carry On in the "other music" section if they have one. Another place to post is on general music discussion sites. Posting on chriscornell.com or other Chris related site doesn't count, tho.

Posting about the album...
    Start (or join in) an online discussion about anticipating Carry On hitting the stores. Just be yourself - don't go into "if you like this you'll like that"...just talk about what the music means to you as your own excitement/enthusiasm could be very contagious and have more effect than telling people that they'll like it.

Posting about shows...
    Have you been to a show? Have you seen clips of shows on YouTube or elsewhere? Don't be shy in posting either your review or spreading the fan clips that are already out there. Point people to the Yahoo and MSN sites.

Responding to the press...
    Go ahead. Really. Make sure to tell the press what you think of their coverage of Chris and Carry On. Whether it was a positive review that you really enjoyed or a negative one that you disagree with, the press needs to know that people are interested in reading about Chris. Your feedback to them, good or bad, helps to get them moving and can influence how much coverage he gets. You really do have a voice with them - use it. And if your local press doesn't cover a show near you and doesn't review the album...let them hear that you're disappointed that you didn't get what you wanted from their publication.

Keeping track...
    We want to know where you're posting or otherwise putting out the word. Make sure to keep track of what you do (save URL's of things you post for example). We'll give you instructions on how to get the info to us. The more involved you are, the better the team perks.

So...get out there posting and we'll have more info for you soon!

CCST Admin & the Cornell Camp
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    This section of the forum may as well be Chris Cornell/Other Music
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    im fucking sick of it.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,140
    i am in chris cornell shock. isn't a single thread enough for this guy? he's a great singer but not worth 24 different threads.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    use to really like Cornell but now i'm on the fence. Soundgarden/Euphoria Morning were awesome. Audioslave was decent to pretty lame. this new stuff i'm hearing is sort of weak. i'm sick of all these threads too.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    This may explain why all the CC threads have started recentely. I recieved an email from the Chris Cornell street team

Hey troops,

Just a couple of weeks before the album hits the stores. Are you all excited? We certainly are! Lots of stuff we're still working on but here's how you can start to help now...

Where to post...
    Go to forums of other bands you like. It helps if you've already been a member of another community and just talk about Carry On in the "other music" section if they have one. Another place to post is on general music discussion sites. Posting on chriscornell.com or other Chris related site doesn't count, tho.

Posting about the album...
    Start (or join in) an online discussion about anticipating Carry On hitting the stores. Just be yourself - don't go into "if you like this you'll like that"...just talk about what the music means to you as your own excitement/enthusiasm could be very contagious and have more effect than telling people that they'll like it.

Posting about shows...
    Have you been to a show? Have you seen clips of shows on YouTube or elsewhere? Don't be shy in posting either your review or spreading the fan clips that are already out there. Point people to the Yahoo and MSN sites.

Responding to the press...
    Go ahead. Really. Make sure to tell the press what you think of their coverage of Chris and Carry On. Whether it was a positive review that you really enjoyed or a negative one that you disagree with, the press needs to know that people are interested in reading about Chris. Your feedback to them, good or bad, helps to get them moving and can influence how much coverage he gets. You really do have a voice with them - use it. And if your local press doesn't cover a show near you and doesn't review the album...let them hear that you're disappointed that you didn't get what you wanted from their publication.

Keeping track...
    We want to know where you're posting or otherwise putting out the word. Make sure to keep track of what you do (save URL's of things you post for example). We'll give you instructions on how to get the info to us. The more involved you are, the better the team perks.

So...get out there posting and we'll have more info for you soon!

CCST Admin & the Cornell Camp

that's lame...
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    What's the pearj jam message pit? Learn to spell before being a jerk...lmao at you.
    Mr. Perfect...go fuck a dog
  • nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    lars wrote:
    2. Lars (You´re gay if you like Chris Cornells solo stuff)

Funny shit, you must be a leading scientist.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
    true, we all know the connection between Pearl Jam and Cornell, but the number of threads devoted to him are out of this world. Just do a search for Chris Cornell and see for yourself.

you have time to put your hate on, your out painfully searching for something you are sick of..

good stuff

no more shows
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    to all the chris cornel threadstarters feel free to read this.

Also not ok, and these things have happened: Hijacking threads by
    changing the subject of the original poster...please keep topic
    integrity. Do not post multiple spoof threads of another's thread. The
    original was probably better anyway and it isn't nice to steal someone
    else's thunder to ridicule them. It's ok to appreciate someone's post;
    it's not ok to start an entire thread dedicated to them, it comes
    across as cliquish and only leads to alienating others. Gossiping about
    your coworkers' or others bathroom habits is not ok. Please save that
    and similar topics for a more appropriate forum - we don't have one,
    nor will we ever.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Toshala wrote:
    .if you don't like him like Claire and Chuck said, don't open the fucking thread.......how hard is that???

evidently its quite hard... you knew this thread was a thread which would have negative posts about the beloved Cornell, and yet you felt the need to open it, read it and then post on it about people not opening the Cornell threads. :confused: didnt you just contradict your own edict?

Yes.. i am normally this fucking good :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Its some fucking crazy shit how many people are fed up with this Cornel stuff. You guys must get youselves into some crazy situations. If you guys let somehting so silly bother you? What do you when resturaunts fuck up your orders?? Go out and assault people!! Or commit random acts of violence when there is a line at a coffee shop. Dont even deny it.

Issues

no more shows
    Its some fucking crazy shit how many people are fed up with this Cornel stuff. You guys must get youselves into some crazy situations, if you guys let somehting so silly bother you? What do you when resturaunts fuck up your orders?? Go out and assault people!! Or commit random acts of violence when there is a line at a coffee shop. Dont even deny it.

Issues

seems you're the one getting bothered :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    seems you're the one getting bothered :)

Cmon, its funny.

no more shows
    Cmon, its funny.

i agree :)
    Funny shit, you must be a leading scientist.
    Yeah...you must be gay