*Sign here if you are tired of all the Chris Cornell threads.*

bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
edited May 2007 in Other Music
1. bryn_cmbs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• larslars Posts: 524
    2. Lars (You´re gay if you like Chris Cornells solo stuff)
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    sign here if you think the chris cornell fans actually care... Leave the other music forum, I believe you want to be in the porch!
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    lars wrote:

you have a lot to learn...

I fucking LOVE chris cornell's solo stuff, FUCKING LOVE IT!!! I've had his solo album on repeat all morning, and I don't think I like men... Never found myself even remotely attracted to a guy, or even a manly looking woman... Are you sure this is true? I've always been really turned on by the female body, the curves, softness, just the pure beauty... guys, blah, we are nasty, hairy, stinky animals...
  • 3. Otis

Cornell blows.

Bless his heart, he just wants to be relevant so very badly.

I've noticed a strange phenomanon; the tighter and more plastic your pants become the crappier your music gets. Ala Cornell and Weiland.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I love Chris Cornell and his new solo album is amazing. But there really is no need for all these threads, especially when most of them just amount to "omg chris ish sooooo hot xxxxx"

Just have one for the album and have one for the tour.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    lars wrote:

thats funny cause i once said that if i ever turned, it would be for him=p
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    4. ledvedderman

I hear there's a lot of Chris Cornell topics on the CHRIS CORNELL MESSAGE BOARD. Sometimes I get confused where I am, but realize I don't care for anything really the man has done. Maybe a sub forum or something would be nice.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    How ironic. You just created another thread about Chris Cornell...

This isn't a signature by the way.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,851
    5. Ledbetterman10

this website has turned me from a moderate Cornell fan to a straight-up Cornell hater. the worst are the Cornell/Soundgarden threads that show up on the Porch
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 1. This is a pearl jam forum,
    2. This is a sub forum, entitled other music.
    3. Chris Cornell constitutes other music, hence the threads
    4. Go back to the porch if you dont like it. The moderators should move cornell threads into this forum.
    5. There are many links btwn cornell and pj, so its not surprising that many pj fans are also cornell fans. Behave yourself!

sheesh.
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    if you don't like them don't open them. simple as.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    1. This is a pearl jam forum,
    2. This is a sub forum, entitled other music.
    3. Chris Cornell constitutes other music, hence the threads
    4. Go back to the porch if you dont like it. The moderators should move cornell threads into this forum.
    5. There are many links btwn cornell and pj, so its not surprising that many pj fans are also cornell fans. Behave yourself!

sheesh.

true, we all know the connection between Pearl Jam and Cornell, but the number of threads devoted to him are out of this world. Just do a search for Chris Cornell and see for yourself.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    this is the stupidest thread.

Not reeming anyone, but since the cornell haters have made their point (and they are entitled to it) I will make mine.
    This is the other music forum on the pj board so any cornell threads are suppose to go here regardless of what band it is or his solo stuff.
    Chris is promoting/ gearing up for a new project er (solo record) and fans of his music are excited about this... Just like we talk about Stone's solo album, and McCready with Mad Season and so on.
    Also the Seattle webcast that Chris did for the Seattle show was Fuckin great! Watch it if you haven't cause he spanssongs from his whole career and was spot on. Even though it wasn't Matt, Kym, and Ben as his backing band, the musicians did a great job.
    Sorry just don't understand the Cornell hatred and need to make a pointless thread that is just going to get everyone so worked up, it's gonna get deleted anyway.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Can I Ask??

Did You See Chris Cornell This Tour????
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Intodeep would like to sign up.

I felt like making a thread like this earlier but did not.

I like chris cornel some I just wish folks could combine some of the threads and and instead of making a new thread everytime chris cornel take a breath of fresh air.

It happens to other bands when they are hot around here too. I just feel some of the threads could be combined. It seemed there were like 4 different CC threads on the first page.

for the record i like some of his stuff but i'm not a huge fan.

edit- Besides this thread there are 5 threads on the first page. Should we get Chris Cornel his own little mini forum here perhaps?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    I just ran a search and there are over 150 threads with "Cornell" in the title. It seems every time he sneezes or takes a dump someone creates a new thread about it.
    i want to know

how many of the people who are anti cornell threads actually saw him on this tour
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i want to know

how many of the people who are anti cornell threads actually saw him on this tour

Not I.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I BrisK I wrote:
    i want to know

what's that got to do with it?

i dont see this many Brad threads.. Cornell has a faint history with Pearl Jam and so therfore fans appear to go nuts about him, as they do for Ben Harper, Sleater Kinney... etc

all of them are shite
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    i want to know

Why would I pay money to endure this garbage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vSXvzHIVfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjEHnyt6Gs

good job

picking out 2 songs from usual setlist of 20-25

i think you missed all the sg and temple of the dog and euphoria morning oh and audioslave...

I dont like those 2 songs either.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980

Who cares, it still doesen't mean there should be all these threads. Like I said before, I'm a diehard Cornell fan but theres really no need for about 5 different threads on the first page.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Can I Ask??

Did You See Chris Cornell This Tour????

I had a chance to see him in Chicago and couldn't make it. Eagles Ballroom Milwaukee July 17th I'll be there. :)
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    what a childish thread. if you don't like cornell, just don't open the threads about him. it's not difficult, really.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    I just ran a search and there are over 150 threads with "Cornell" in the title. It seems every time he sneezes or takes a dump someone creates a new thread about it.

Cornell took a dump!? No way. This needs a thread of it's own.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    Signed.

Wash up.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    dunkman wrote:
    what's that got to do with it?

i dont see this many Brad threads.. Cornell has a faint history with Pearl Jam and so therfore fans appear to go nuts about him, as they do for Ben Harper, Sleater Kinney... etc

all of them are shite

hahahah

Well if you have seen Cornell, the majority people are all in the cornell spirit and appreciate how talented he still is at his age... 43...The fact that people get to relive TOTD ,SG and Audioslave. I never saw any of those bands so it was cool to hear their stuff as im mega fan of all those projects.

I cant get my head around the sleater kinney support, i think they are naff.

I think that more people are familiar with Cornell and Ben Harper as like you said he has had a faint history with Pearl Jam and so people think hey they must be good or something if Pearl Jam want to play with them/him, so they check them out. Soundgarden was considered as part of the ''grunge'' scene. Also people are more exposed to Cornell more than Stone Gossard's side project....

The Cornell forum is pretty crappy imo and there arn't many members on the AIC forum so this seems to be the place for ''grunge'' talk.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I BrisK I wrote:
    hahahah

Well if you have seen Cornell, the majority people are all in the cornell spirit and appreciate how talented he still is at his age... 43...The fact that people get to relive TOTD ,SG and Audioslave. I never saw any of those bands so it was cool to hear their stuff as im mega fan of all those projects.

I cant get my head around the sleater kinney support, i think they are naff.

I think that more people are familiar with Cornell and Ben Harper as like you said he has had a faint history with Pearl Jam and so people think hey they must be good or something if Pearl Jam want to play with them/him, so they check them out. Soundgarden was considered as part of the ''grunge'' scene. Also people are more exposed to Cornell more than Stone Gossard's side project....

The Cornell forum is pretty crappy imo and there arn't many members on the AIC forum so this seems to be the place for ''grunge'' talk.

I'm in the same boat never saw SG or Audioslave. So I'm very much looking forward to seeing him in July. I've been a huge fan of all his solo stuff. His first album really got me threw some rough times. I must lave listened to Euphoria Morning over 5,000 times during fall of 1999. I don't know if it was that many times but it was alot. :)
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    mole1985 wrote:
    Cornell took a dump!? No way. This needs a thread of it's own.

:D
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I'm a huge fan of Chris Cornell, but I don't really like all the threads about him either...

...except here's the difference: I just don't look at the threads instead of starting a thread to whine and complain about them. Give me a break. Many fans of PJ are also huge fans of Soundgarden, so it's not a surprise that so many people are pumped up about Chris Cornell.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win