R.E.M. or U2?

13»

Comments

• not that big of an rem fan, but i hate bono and u2 so rem
  • RatRat Posts: 38
    I Like REM much more then I like U2!!!!So REM!!!
    "Every time I see the Spice Girls, it makes me want to try to fly by climbing my roof and strapping bricks to my shoes."
  • U2 are a band that people love to hate, believe you me I should know, I've been a fan since Achtung Baby. ( Their Masterpiece no question) I like some of the earlier stuff but not over excited by it, Joshua tree must rank as the most overated album of their career, Achtung kills it.

Unfortunately All You can't Leave.... & How to Dismantle an ....... are no where near as good, All you can't is U2 on autopilot and How to dismantle has some great moments, Somtimes you can't makle on your own is their best song since One and Love Peace or else & Crumbs from your table, All because of you but the rest is autopilot again and Man & Woman is complete shit.

I don't whether they will scale the heights of Achtung again but one things for sure their definetly were more diverse and challenging than REM. I like REM, Green, Out a Time, Automatic & New adventures all great albums but not as much progression as U2 and just like U2 their last 2 albums have been disapointing.

I really hope both band rediscover the fire that made their best albums so good.

So U2 for me, Achtung Baby is my 3rd Fav album of all time after Wish you Were here & Darkside of the Moon.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    U2 for me too... consistently better... hands down...
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    REM!!! I mean dont get me wrong i've allways respected U2 and apperciated there great music, but ive allways perfered REM!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • LazLaz Posts: 118
    U2 by a landslide