People Who Hate Scott Weiland....

13»

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Everybody rips scott including myself, but you cant deny his passion for his fans, this obviously has upset him, and I think its great that he is back on with stp, I hope he at least gets on a straighter path, he is super creative and a good singer.

I totally agree, he's FAR better off in STP. These supergroups never seem to work out do they?
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    I was just listening to "Better" today and thinking about how much ass Chinese Democracy will kick when it's finally released.

you scared me for a sec. I thought you were gonna say, " thinking about how much ass chinese democracy is gonna suck when it is out."

It better be damn good, that's all I gotta say.
    Whats got the whole world faking?
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Vr was shit, Weilands solo album was way better and his double to come will be even better. Slash and co post g n r are musically shit. In T.O last year they were trying to get the Much Music audience (basically 13 year olds) to show their breasts, the obviously appaled interviewer asked slash to get his out first.

respect to axl though.
  • nowayimfaithfullnowayimfaithfull Posts: 2,051
    Where did you hear that? Was always a Fuel fan and think this might not be a bad idea.
    they could tour, but he is no way on weilands level for writing and studio work, the band would be up shits crick for new material. that would sound like a slow death.
    could you imagine fule style mixed in with slashs style.
    ouch
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I got home from a show, had music still on my mind and realized that I was just in time to catch STP on the Jimmy Kimmel show. Oh joy...I was actually pleased.

That is until Weiland opened his mouth and started to sing The band sounded fine, Weiland sounded like crap in a weak vocal and physical version of "Vasoline". I had initial thoughts of grabbing tickets to their upcoming area shows; especially since BRMC's opening for them.

Now I have no thoughts of seeing them.

Velvet Revolver's Jimmy Kimmell performance was yards better than this.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:

Velvet Revolver's Jimmy Kimmell performance was yards better than this.

Well if that's the case, then surely you would realise that maybe he was just having an off night and that he is still capable of putting on a decent show?

He sounds fine on these recent clips, and this was apparently just after he got back from touring with VR and his voice was shot:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_0f_SDltiVo
    Well if that's the case, then surely you would realise that maybe he was just having an off night and that he is still capable of putting on a decent show?

He sounds fine on these recent clips, and this was apparently just after he got back from touring with VR and his voice was shot:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_0f_SDltiVo
    I'm so sorry but that did not sound fine. And no I'm not trying to be funny but honest; perhaps I'm just used to singers who sing on key and aren't so (dear lord, forgive my use of the American Idolism) pitchy.

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:
    I'm so sorry but that did not sound fine. And no I'm not trying to be funny but honest; perhaps I'm just used to singers who sing on key and aren't so (dear lord, forgive my use of the American Idolism) pitchy.

Well very few rock singers are 100% perfect live, in fact I can't think of any - and to be honest normally, Weiland is one of the better ones - any number of STP live videos will show that. I've heard all sorts of great singers sound flat or off key live at times - sometimes it can just be down to technical issues like they can't hear themselves properly. The fact that you thought the VR video was way better, would surely indicate that he can pull off a decent live vocal?

Anyway, I just dug up an old STP live video from youtube and he is spot on flawless:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_5kzL93kk_E
    Well very few rock singers are 100% perfect live, in fact I can't think of any - and to be honest normally, Weiland is one of the better ones - any number of STP live videos will show that. I've heard all sorts of great singers sound flat or off key live at times - sometimes it can just be down to technical issues like they can't hear themselves properly. The fact that you thought the VR video was way better, would surely indicate that he can pull off a decent live vocal?

Anyway, I just dug up an old STP live video from youtube and he is spot on flawless:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_5kzL93kk_E
    Surely he's capable of a decent vocal; I saw VR in December and the vocals were just that: decent, not great (I enjoyed the musicianship of Slash and Duff more than Weiland's contributions). The "Sour Girl" sounded very nice but then he was perched on a stool and not exerting himself too much by having to stand upright.

The title of this thread is a little unfortunate because I hardly hate Weiland at all; he's just not vocally all there for me enough to warrant all the hype (which I tend to feel comes more from the nostalgia of a good band with unfinished business than what they're actually capable of now). Plenty of singers with much more complex voices sound much more on than off and Weiland's voice is just off to my ear (more often than not), in general. But that's just me.

FaceSpace
  • I saw VR in August and Weiland killed. Awesome vocals.