People Who Hate Scott Weiland....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited April 2008 in Other Music
just goes to show you he wasn't really the biggest ass in VR. This seems like it was more than just him that started the demise of VR.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/velvet_revolver_members_gave_scott_weiland_the_cold_shoulder.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    Slash should have never walked out on W. Axl Rose. Axl will have the last laugh on Slash, Duff, and Matt when Chinese Democracy comes out.
  • i don't know.

i think Scott maybe might have been sick of them writing the same GnR watered down crap over and over.

did anyone actually listen to Velvet Revolver? Ouch. No wonder Axl wouldn't work with them.

i think Scott is on the money to go back to STP.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    I can't wait till Axl releases Chinese Democracy and crushes these traitors.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Slash was pretty damn fucking childish on that one.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    i used to love scott but i cant take it anymore. how many times do we have to hear about how hes now a changed man and that the drug abuse days are behind him. to me hes just a washed up rock star. eddie puts him to shame.

i can't believe how ive changed my mind lately- i worshipped this guy when STP was big.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Matty Boy wrote:

never gonna happen.
  • i wasnt too impressed on that article. But all those guys party way too much, its a train wreck.
    Axy
    Scott
    slash
    mcagan
    sorum
    Every situation they have been in usually crashes and burns. Didnt velvet have drummer troubles allready for a lil bit, I cant remember?
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Hate is a prett strong word. I would say "frustrated" fits better. The guy has talent but finds every possible way to fuck it up. Remember how pissed we got during the ticketmaster thing in 94-95 because we couldn't see our favorite band? Multiply that by 10 and your getting close to an STP fan putting up w/ Scott's shit.
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    I never cared for Scott in Velvet Revolver...he was a very different person and I think he had to try hard to really fit in with those guys. They all seemed arrogant (not that Scott hasn't had his moments)...

Regardless, he is happier and better off now with STP.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    stpmattb wrote:

Perfectly said, I'm just hoping that I have the money to travel to one of their shows this summer
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Matty Boy wrote:

How were they traitors exactly? Axl fired every member of the band because they wanted to RELEASE AND TOUR RECORDS. They didn't want to sit around and wait for Axl to get his shit together.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Axl fired every member of the band

Wrong, Axl only fired Matt. Duff and Slash quit.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    That's ridiculous! Why can't rock stars grow up?! It's all schoolyard bullying and pettyness. Quite why Slash would admit to it is confusing in itself.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    Matty Boy wrote:
    Slash should have never walked out on W. Axl Rose. Axl will have the last laugh on Slash, Duff, and Matt when Chinese Democracy comes out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    That comment actually made me laugh really hard in a quiet library!!
    Oh man that's signature material if you actually believe that!!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Axl is delusional. Chinese Democracy will be just as mediocre as anything VR recorded. Scott is a douche. Slash is the king
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    VR was a joke anyway

totally unlistenable IMHO

damn shame someone as talented as slash cant find decent band mates

damn shame someone as talented as SW cant seem to get along with anybody in his band

what a waste
    People will be throwing Dr Peppers at Slash when Chinese Democracy drops. The Ax man is coming back like Michael Myers to take his revenge on his former friends (Slash, Duff, and Matt).
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    People will be throwing Dr Peppers at Slash when Chinese Democracy drops. The Ax man is coming back like Michael Myers to take his revenge on his former friends (Slash, Duff, and Matt).

Do you... take this seriously?:o
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stpmattb wrote:

HE IS????? you made my weekend!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • -you suck!-
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Matty Boy wrote:

the expectations are so high, there is no chance it actually meets them
    i hope im wrong
  • i seriously think i lost all respect for slash after reading that. just ignore him and not talk to him? what, are those guys junior high girls for christ's sake? i can't believe this. weiland is better off...
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Velvet Revolver kicked ass. Two great albums. There live show was amazing too see. Scott and Slash were a fine team, on stage together. Im sad to see they broke up. Lots of people on this board saying Vr was crap which i think is a complete joke. They came out made great records kicked ass live.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    I thought this post was about Scott Stapp?
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Everyone is acting like kids. I liked Velvet Revolver but it's turning into a pissing contest - "I was always gonna leave" "No, we were gonna sack him before he left!"

Wonder how long Stone Temple Pilots lasts.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Velvet Revolver was okay; nothing cerebral, nothing particularly meaningful, just basic Rock 101 that was good to groove to. I have the CDs and I've seen them live and it was a simple good time and no more than that.

STP follows the same vein to me. Nothing particularly special about them but they were successful with what they could pull off, riding the back of that grungy sound. The epitome of mediocre but mediocre has it's merits.

This article pretty much said it well for me:What's The Big Deal With Stone Temple Pilots?
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • The way I see it, Weiland just wasn't the right fit for VR. Both sides had prior experience with bands breaking down, and should have been able to handle this better. It's like they tried to be professional by finishing the dates, but that just drove their egos into more of a clash, to see who could abandon the other first.

I guess the real test will be seeing if Weiland can make good on the 65 STP dates. If that falls apart too, it's pretty likely that he really is just impossible to work with. Same goes for VR with whatever new singer they pick.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    I guess the real test will be seeing if Weiland can make good on the 65 STP dates. If that falls apart too, it's pretty likely that he really is just impossible to work with. Same goes for VR with whatever new singer they pick.
    I've already got dibs and called the tour's end by my birthday in July.

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    I've already got dibs and called the tour's end by my birthday in July.

Always the optimist?:p
    Always the optimist?:p
    Yeah..pretty much ;).

FaceSpace