Options

I want Benaroya Vinyl, whats it gonna take?

Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
edited July 2008 in The Porch
EV Kenyon Hall + Dusseldorf + $$$? How much $$$? Maybe another/different poster? Do people want posters as trade for the vinyl? I really need it- someone tell me what it takes!!
"The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    EV Kenyon Hall + Dusseldorf + $$$? How much $$$? Maybe another/different poster? Do people want posters as trade for the vinyl? I really need it- someone tell me what it takes!!

I think you might have a decent trade on the table with the Kenyon and Dussel
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    my benaroya +
    2 10c tickets to msg either night

for

2 front row tickets to msg either night
  • Options
    ballbag wrote:
    my benaroya +
    2 10c tickets to msg either night

for

2 front row tickets to msg either night

what if i give you front row ticket stubs from msg 1 and 2 2003???

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

LOL :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69

i'll send you a picture of me holding my benaroya vinyl.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Some guy on here is offering a trade for a sealed Ben Hall for front row seats at the WPB show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    go to blackredyellow a guy was selling his benny hall over there for only 350....

keep the posters, they are worth more collectively
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    One McIntosh MC402 Power Amplifier, for my Benaroya Hall Vinyl Box set.

produce one MC402 in perfect functional condition and Benaroya Hall is all yours:D;)
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    One McIntosh MC402 Power Amplifier, for my Benaroya Hall Vinyl Box set.

produce one MC401 in perfect functional condition and Benaroya Hall is all yours:D;)

Wait a 401 or a 402???
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    Wait a 401 or a 402???

MC402:D

Typo. That one and two......so close together:D
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    MC402:D

Typo. That one and two......so close together:D

Just messin' with ya, but if I had an MC401, I'd give it to you for sure :)
  • Options
    I can't believe some people would trade a Benaroya vinyl for front row tickets.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    burnerbenburnerben Posts: 80
    I can't believe some people would trade a Benaroya vinyl for front row tickets.

Because you can't believe anyone would give up front row tickets or because you can't believe anyone would give up the vinyl?

I have a pretty poor 10c number so I use a lot of the 10c schwag as trade-bait for ticket upgrades. I dropped my Benny for 10c tix to SF II (I flaked on the onsale), and they were GA. Great deal!

Next time the boys come out west, I'll probably be trading my PJ vs Ames Ltd Ed, some posters, or maybe some vinyl for seat upgrades. The experience is what I'm in for...stuff just sits on the shelf.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    Ive had the honor of being front row of like 17 of my 23 shows, I dont think itll happen again but let me tell you- when you turn around and see everyone behind you- it gives you chills, and there is no price tag on that.

• Options
    burnerben wrote:
    Because you can't believe anyone would give up front row tickets or because you can't believe anyone would give up the vinyl?

I have a pretty poor 10c number so I use a lot of the 10c schwag as trade-bait for ticket upgrades. I dropped my Benny for 10c tix to SF II (I flaked on the onsale), and they were GA. Great deal!

Next time the boys come out west, I'll probably be trading my PJ vs Ames Ltd Ed, some posters, or maybe some vinyl for seat upgrades. The experience is what I'm in for...stuff just sits on the shelf.

I can't believe anyone would give up the vinyl. It's so rare. I've been in row 2 for a Pearl Jam show and while it was a great experience, it was only one night. It is possible to get front row seats to another show, if I tried hard enough... Once that Benaroya vinyl is sold, it's gone.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I can't believe anyone would give up the vinyl. It's so rare. I've been in row 2 for a Pearl Jam show and while it was a great experience, it was only one night. It is possible to get front row seats to another show, if I tried hard enough... Once that Benaroya vinyl is sold, it's gone.

I agree and I dont even own Benny!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    burnerbenburnerben Posts: 80

I'm not sure, but given $ and time to search, I bet you'd be able to find a Benaroya somewhere. In fact, one's on Ebay right now and the last sold for $600, a pretty good price for a pair of front row seats.

For me, Benny was sitting on the shelf for a long time, beautiful but a little pathetic, and it seemed like it wanted to get out and see the world. Maybe even get played on a record player. Here is something many people thought was the awesomest thing of all time and I thought it was pretty cool, but to me it was a book amongst the many.

So, I decided to let it go, but since I got it through 10c, I didn't want the karma of flipping it, and trading for tix was a natural way to pass it on. No souvenirs, and no regrets :)
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Ive had the honor of being front row of like 17 of my 23 shows, I dont think itll happen again but let me tell you- when you turn around and see everyone behind you- it gives you chills, and there is no price tag on that.

if you want a similar experience, sit BEHIND the stage....i have sat back there a couple of times and it is soooo fun.

p.s. i have also been front row center several times, so i have experienced both.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    Just messin' with ya, but if I had an MC401, I'd give it to you for sure :)

:D

Not sure there ever was a MC401. Will have to look into that:D

Hey, if I had an extra BH vinyl box set...I'd give it to you or the original OP.

Sucks it was so limited.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    burnerben wrote:

good point. I was thinking about trading my front row for a benny vinyl to the WPB show, but now I think I'm going to reconsider
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 495
    2 front row tickets to this beacon hall show and my sealed (STILL IN THE MAILER IT CAME IN) vinyl set is yours.
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    NOTHINGFANNOTHINGFAN Posts: 69
    I'll sell you mine, but I need all cash, I don't want posters. I'm hitting 6 shows this tour and that shit ain't cheap.

However, the spine on the outter box is slightly damaged, but I can provide pics. It was delivered to me that way, the rest is in complete mint condition.
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • Options
    uglybabouglybabo Posts: 518
    I have a Benaroya, opened but never played...

I've been considering selling it to help fund the upcoming NYC trip. I'm actually not that much of a collector; I'd take seeing the band live over having a vinyl copy of something I have on CD.
  • Options
    wwfairfieldwwfairfield Posts: 216
    LukinFan wrote:
    Some guy on here is offering a trade for a sealed Ben Hall for front row seats at the WPB show

thats me holmes

the deal is still on the table
  • Options
    let me splain my deal

you get my tickets to the wpb show which should be alright because my 10C number is betwix'd 160k-170k
    and !!!!!!!!
    A sealed numbered Beneroya vinyl set
    on the spot

i get your front row tickets to the wpb show

lets do this
  • Options
    NOTHINGFAN wrote:
    I'll sell you mine, but I need all cash, I don't want posters. I'm hitting 6 shows this tour and that shit ain't cheap.

However, the spine on the outter box is slightly damaged, but I can provide pics. It was delivered to me that way, the rest is in complete mint condition.

Almost everyone that I've talked to said their Benny was damaged. Mine included.
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Almost everyone that I've talked to said their Benny was damaged. Mine included.

Is that like how everyone's is "opened but never played"?
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    mines is perfect
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I can't believe anyone would give up the vinyl. It's so rare.

What if dog shit was rare? Would that be worth some front row tickets? I don't mean to bash on collector's per se - but do you really appreciate the Benaroya vinyl for what it IS...or what it's WORTH? And it's really only WORTH it's collectible value if you sell it, right? Other than that, like burnerben said - it's just "stuff on his shelf". The same can be said for a stamp with an upside-down airplane on it. It's worth a shitload of money in the marketplace because of it's rarity...but all it really is, to me, is a stamp that someone f*cked up on.

I have pretty much all of the vinyls minus Benny. They all get played - no frames, no special cases...they're records to me. That's the only reason I bought 'em.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    What if dog shit was rare? Would that be worth some front row tickets? I don't mean to bash on collector's per se - but do you really appreciate the Benaroya vinyl for what it IS...or what it's WORTH? And it's really only WORTH it's collectible value if you sell it, right? Other than that, like burnerben said - it's just "stuff on his shelf". The same can be said for a stamp with an upside-down airplane on it. It's worth a shitload of money in the marketplace because of it's rarity...but all it really is, to me, is a stamp that someone f*cked up on.

I have pretty much all of the vinyls minus Benny. They all get played - no frames, no special cases...they're records to me. That's the only reason I bought 'em.

you are the coolest human ever
    you're like buddha but bad ass