8/5/07 Lolla
    6/16/08 Columbia
    8/17/08 DC (EV Solo)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Paul from the Anthology:

"It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles White Album! Shut up."

ahhh that was the quote :)

and so true :D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Cosmo wrote:
    I guess the best way I can explain it...
    You had to have been there... to get it.
    The same goes for 1977 and the punk rock of The Clash, Sex Pistols and Ramones... and 1991 for Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains.

i don't know... i wasn't really there for grunge (i was a kid then and didn't care for music) or the beatles, but i get them. i still think the clash and sex pistols suck though.
  • dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
    This thread should be worth a ban. If you don't like the White album, then maybe you shouldn't be listening to music.

this is pretty dead on.the white album rules the world!!!!!
    jeter drinks wine coolers
  • i don't know... i wasn't really there for grunge (i was a kid then and didn't care for music) or the beatles, but i get them. i still think the clash and sex pistols suck though.

I have about the same opinion

You don't have to be old to like good music. Zeppelin was my first love, and I think that is the key to my musical fanaticism. They covered so many styles, so they got me prepared to delve into other brances of rock and roll.

As far as punk goes, I appreciate the mentality, and some great bands have used it, but musically, I don't find it interesting enough.
  • dear prudence is probably the best beatles song ever so this argument is over.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • I also appreciate that it has no ties to pepper's. From the cover to the songs, it was a whole new direction, and you can hear the tension of the group throughout. Besides revolver, this would be their masterpiece, and I have a hard time believing a fan of the band would not agree.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    i don't know... i wasn't really there for grunge (i was a kid then and didn't care for music) or the beatles, but i get them. i still think the clash and sex pistols suck though.

The Sex Pistols are a complete joke and total marketing gimmick, but The Clash 100% rock.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • For No One - great song
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    it's better than any album in just about any other artists' collection. it is amazing in every sense of the word, but it's a tad overrated. sgt. pepper's, abbey road, and rubber soul are better imo.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • For No One - great song

That's on Revolver.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    drew0 wrote:
    it's better than any album in just about any other artists' collection. it is amazing in every sense of the word, but it's a tad overrated. sgt. pepper's, abbey road, and rubber soul are better imo.

In your opinion, I would take many many bands albums over it. I in fact would take many bands best over The Beatles best.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson