The bands you hate the most

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dercheef wrote:
    Well, in my opinion he can't sing at all (especially live).It's a pity but they could be a much better band with a singer who can catch up with rest of the band.
    I agree.........the Chili Peppers would probably make a great instrumental band, but.........Anthony just ain't got it in my opinion.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    wow...you all love bashing! i feel weird cuz i like alot of the bands that have been on these posts. some surprised me, some did not. anyway, one i want to throw on here is the black eyed peyes. my humps. every time i hear that i throw up in my mouth a little.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Peatrical wrote:
    I hate

Green Day
    Red Hot CHili Peppers
    U2
    Cold Play
    Sum 41
    3 doors down
    nickelback
    Death from above 1979
    MCR
    the beatles
    the roling stones
    rush
    Blink 182
    Jimmy Eat World
    Matchbox 20
    Lenny Kravitz
    Queens of the stone age

and many many many more

Wow buddy...RHCP, U2, the Stones, and The Beatles. I can live without the rest of those bands but damn what do you listen to besides Pearl Jam...it must suck
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Well since i bashed Peatrical..sry buddy.. i might as well put who i hate and be open to critisim

nickelback...worst band ever
    Good Charlote
    Fallout boy
    Scott Stapp
    Phish....respect their talent but personally hate hippie jam band music, just can't get into it
    almost all Emo bands
    Trapt
    Lamb of God and all those groups who just scream
    Relient K
    James Blunt
    and all the nickelback clones on the radio
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    my hate list:
    twisted sister
    poison
    guns n' roses
    bon jovi
    damn yankees
    def leppard
    whitesnake
    cinderella
    enuff z'nuff...
    or, pretty much anyone from the 80s who thought wearing aquanet and spandex was cool.

Posts like this break my heart.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    nickelback...worst band ever

You're from Bridgeport WV! I never thought I'd see that location on this board. Anyway, The Tudor's Biscuit World at the Gomart right off the interstate exit near the mall is infuckingcredible.

Anyway, I don't get all the fiery hatred towards Nickelback. Sorry, but I don't. Yeah they get played too much and no they're hardly the next Led Zeppelin or Sabbath, but I'd rather hear them than Fiddy or JT. Why so much hate for them on here? I don't get it.
  • Hinder, I hate them so much.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Any IMO band, cause they all suck!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    fanch75 wrote:
    You're from Bridgeport WV! I never thought I'd see that location on this board. Anyway, The Tudor's Biscuit World at the Gomart right off the interstate exit near the mall is infuckingcredible.

Anyway, I don't get all the fiery hatred towards Nickelback. Sorry, but I don't. Yeah they get played too much and no they're hardly the next Led Zeppelin or Sabbath, but I'd rather hear them than Fiddy or JT. Why so much hate for them on here? I don't get it.

I don't hate NB....see my signature! I enjoyed them in concert twice...but honestly, tonight I had to turn their newest single (on the radio) off! Chad's voice sounded strange. I was in a bad mood anyway.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • NickelBack
    Creed
    Hinder
    Shine Down
    Papa Roach
    Staind
    3 doors down
    Disturbed
    three days grace
    Fall out Boy
    Panic at the Disco
    good Charlotte
    Saliva
    Seether
    Breaking Benjamin
    Jet

that horrible neo grunge sound really annoys me, and poppy boy bands with guitars that act like they are punk
    Really Any thing on main stream rock radio
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Disclaimer: OK, folks. I refuse to be P.C. I realize that everyone has their own tastes, but these bands make me feel like I'm chewing on ammonia tabs.

Radiohead...I HATE HATE HATE them. Everyone rants and raves about how great they are. Yeah...they're great if you feel like going to sleep at 8pm on the first night of a weekend-long coke binge. Seriously, I have NO idea why people enjoy this band so much...and I want to strangle my best friend when he puts them on in the car.

Yngwie Malmsteen...He is a master of the fretboard. Unfortunately, he can't write a song to save his life. That's okay with him though. He says he doesn't even like music. Seriously...

Evanescence- A crappy 3-chord numetal band that gets more respect than they deserve because music critics commonly mistake Amy Lee for Tarja of Nightwish.

Lamb of God...Ok, so I went to see thrash metal legends, Megadeth, on Gigantour 2006. I walked into the music hall, and there are all sorts of kids standing around in Lamb of God shirts. One of the dudes started talking to me and asked who I was there to see. I replied, "Overkill and Megadeth". The guy laughed and proceeded to tell me how much cooler Lamb of God was than any of the other bands on the tour and that Megadeth sucked. I wanted to choke him. When I heard Lamb of God live, they totally confirmed my prior beliefs that they were Pantera ripoffs and couldn't play to save their lives. Then the sound techs told me how much they had to do to cover up the fact that they played so badly.

Rob Zombie...He wants to be metal...oh so badly. Unfortunately, he's just trailer trash with dreadlocks who, in twenty years, will only be remembered by middle-aged men who frequent hole in the wall strip joints.

The Beatles...Sorry folks. I know you think I'm the Anti Christ now, but I could really care less about The Beatles and their boring, plainly-written pop tunes. George Harrison was cool though.

Dave Matthews Band- The worst experience I ever had was going to one of their shows in Hershey Park. On top of the fact that they sounded like shit, there were an unusual amount of blithering idiots in the crowd...Mostly frat boys and sorority girls.

Slightly Stoopid...they're a bunch of Sublime ripoffs who played the Jaeger Music Tour '06. I was backstage for their show, hanging out with one of our sound techs and the guys in the band started pouring their drinks all over our stage and sliding on them. How disrespectful...and the tour manager was being a dick about it to top it all off.

Better Than Ezra- Crappy band, worse name.

Limp Bizkit- Everything about them was horrible.
    I'll cut you in.
  • Oh yes...I.C.P. is officially the worst band ever. Why I forgot to mention them, I do not know.
    I'll cut you in.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Disclaimer: OK, folks. I refuse to be P.C. I realize that everyone has their own tastes, but these bands make me feel like I'm chewing on ammonia tabs.

Radiohead...I HATE HATE HATE them. Everyone rants and raves about how great they are. Yeah...they're great if you feel like going to sleep at 8pm on the first night of a weekend-long coke binge. Seriously, I have NO idea why people enjoy this band so much...and I want to strangle my best friend when he puts them on in the car.

Yngwie Malmsteen...He is a master of the fretboard. Unfortunately, he can't write a song to save his life. That's okay with him though. He says he doesn't even like music. Seriously...

Evanescence- A crappy 3-chord numetal band that gets more respect than they deserve because music critics commonly mistake Amy Lee for Tarja of Nightwish.

Lamb of God...Ok, so I went to see thrash metal legends, Megadeth, on Gigantour 2006. I walked into the music hall, and there are all sorts of kids standing around in Lamb of God shirts. One of the dudes started talking to me and asked who I was there to see. I replied, "Overkill and Megadeth". The guy laughed and proceeded to tell me how much cooler Lamb of God was than any of the other bands on the tour and that Megadeth sucked. I wanted to choke him. When I heard Lamb of God live, they totally confirmed my prior beliefs that they were Pantera ripoffs and couldn't play to save their lives. Then the sound techs told me how much they had to do to cover up the fact that they played so badly.

Rob Zombie...He wants to be metal...oh so badly. Unfortunately, he's just trailer trash with dreadlocks who, in twenty years, will only be remembered by middle-aged men who frequent hole in the wall strip joints.

The Beatles...Sorry folks. I know you think I'm the Anti Christ now, but I could really care less about The Beatles and their boring, plainly-written pop tunes. George Harrison was cool though.

Dave Matthews Band- The worst experience I ever had was going to one of their shows in Hershey Park. On top of the fact that they sounded like shit, there were an unusual amount of blithering idiots in the crowd...Mostly frat boys and sorority girls.

Slightly Stoopid...they're a bunch of Sublime ripoffs who played the Jaeger Music Tour '06. I was backstage for their show, hanging out with one of our sound techs and the guys in the band started pouring their drinks all over our stage and sliding on them. How disrespectful...and the tour manager was being a dick about it to top it all off.

Better Than Ezra- Crappy band, worse name.

Limp Bizkit- Everything about them was horrible.

Ireally wanted to agree with enharmonic and say that hating bands is really stupid, cos it is, but all this is so true. I saw Yngwie recently, just for the excperience, but I left half way through. MAster of the fretbaoard, but musically a total wasteland. The drummer sounded lke a diesel engine on exhaust brakes, and every song was just a repetition of scales ripping up and down the board. Add to that the wee leprechaun doing the massive intro about every second song and it was like obscenely loud musicless McDonald's.
    I did like the fiorst Evanescence album though.
    As for the Beatles.............................couldn't have said it better. Even Lennon, needed Roxy Music to cover Imagine before it was listenable.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Obvious:
    ICP
    Nickeback
    Creed
    Limp Bizkit
    DMB
    Slaughter
    Extreme
    Fall Out Boy
    Panic at the Disco

Not as Obvious:
    Arcade Fire (They've got one album left before everyone realizes they blow)
    Slightly Stoopid. (Lots love em' but how can you love a sublime rip off)
    Rolling Stones
    NERDS!
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    7 Mary 3 (the original Niclkelback)
    Creed
    Nickelback
    Recent Chili Peppers (just plain sick of them)
    3 Doors Down (making a buck off shmaltzy American sentimentality)
    Lenny Kravitz
    Beyonce (what a dumb bitch)
    Simple Plan
    Pink (pumping up 10 yr old girls everywhere)
    Insane Clown Posse (damn I'd love to beat on those jerkoffs)
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • sebaarg88sebaarg88 Posts: 1,277
    Pink
    My chemical romance
    Panic at the disco
    30 seconds to mars
    Beatles
    only love can break your heart
    but only love can brake your fall
  • AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Hinder, I hate them so much.

That's funny. Last summer I was at our family reunion and found out that lead singer guy is my godbrother. (My aunt and uncle who are my godparents are his too.) I've never met the guy and couldn't even name one of his songs.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Guns 'N Roses
    Foreigner
    Styx
    Lynard Skynard
    Van Halen
    Bad Company
    And lots of new she-ite that's too numeerous to mention
    That's funny. Last summer I was at our family reunion and found out that lead singer guy is my godbrother. (My aunt and uncle who are my godparents are his too.) I've never met the guy and couldn't even name one of his songs.

They sing that song "Lips of Angel" that's all over rock and top 40 radio. I think it's died off some from it's fall 2006 height, though.

It's one of those pretty tunes that couples in love dedicate to each other without listening to the words, like the Crue's "You're All I Need." The Hinder song is about a guy who is married, talking to an exgf, telling the exgf that he wants to leave his wife for the exgf. So yeah, I kinda laughed at a company party when people were slow dancing to this song praising infidelity.
  • I hate Bjork and Sting with a passion. Where to begin? The voices, the music (does Bjork really thinks she makes music?), the fashion, the pompousness, blajjjj.... Also can't stand Genesis (with or without Phil C-, who is simply a disgrace), Yes, Camel and all those bands with 20mins keyboard solos. Especially Yes, how disgusting are John Anderson and Rick Wakeman?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I totally hate Simply Red!!!!!!!!!!!! Mick Hucknall, enough said.

From the new bands I trully dispise Black Eyes Peas (Wish I could strangle all of them)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    ii44 wrote:
    Guns 'N Roses
    Foreigner
    Styx
    Lynard Skynard
    Van Halen
    Bad Company
    And lots of new she-ite that's too numeerous to mention

Lynard Skynard... :rolleyes: yeah they are shite...

Lynyrd Skynyrd however are superb ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Fall out Boy... and all their eye-liner friends.

Motely Crue... and all their hairspray friends (with the exception of some songs from that era, but no Motely Crue song gets an exception, they all blow). Speaking of 'The Crue', i heard Tommy Lee's new song the other day and laughed my fucking heard of.

ICP (good call people who have already mentioned them!)
    Radiohead (everything after OK Computer)
    Cradle of Filth - I dont see the point in bands like this.

Eminem - He's not a band, but he's a cunt.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    MCR
    Nirvana

That's all that needs to be said in my opinion.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    Placebo
    Coldplay
    Oasis
    Lenny Kravitz
    Pink
    Avril Lavinge
    Muse
    DMB
    Creed
    Garbage
    Bush
    The Darkness
  • bee_boybee_boy Posts: 384
    I deeply dislike a lot of bands, but the ones I hate are:

*Simple Plan*
    *Simple Plan*
    *Simple Plan*
    *Simple Plan*
    *Simple Plan*
    and
    *Simple Plan*

Can't stand those whining motherfuckers. "I'm sorry I can't be perfect"??? WTF??? Stop crying you pussy! It's like the only thing they can write about is how their dad is an asshole and didn't give them the $300 000 they wanted to buy a Porsche
  • Oh yes...some bands I forgot...

Lords of Acid

6 Feet Under (corporate death metal)

Any of these sound-alike pop punk or emo bands. Their names aren't even worth mentioning.

Regina Spektor or any of the overly artsy-fartsy Borders performers out there.
    I'll cut you in.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    CaterinaA wrote:
    I hate Bjork and Sting with a passion. Where to begin? The voices, the music (does Bjork really thinks she makes music?), the fashion, the pompousness, blajjjj.... Also can't stand Genesis (with or without Phil C-, who is simply a disgrace), Yes, Camel and all those bands with 20mins keyboard solos. Especially Yes, how disgusting are John Anderson and Rick Wakeman?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I totally hate Simply Red!!!!!!!!!!!! Mick Hucknall, enough said.

From the new bands I trully dispise Black Eyes Peas (Wish I could strangle all of them)
    You are right on every count except Bjork, who is brilliant. please listen to Birthday by the sugercubes before you question whether she makes music or not.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • atreyu
    avenged sevenfold
    saw things so much clearer
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    DMB
    radiohead ´´post ok´´
    sum 41
    aerosmith
    van halen
    iron maiden ´good musicians but i hate them´
    fuel
    limp bizkit