Best new albums coming out his year

13»

Comments

• I love Metropolis Pt 2, Train of Thought and Octavarium the most. Such talented musos......

Metropolis Pt 2 is the record that got me into them. I would love to see them live one day. The DVD's are just a tease...lol
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I have high hopes for the new Radiohead album. A return to rocking from what I've heard
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Metropolis Pt 2 is the record that got me into them. I would love to see them live one day. The DVD's are just a tease...lol

TOT got me into them....Metropolis really sealed the deal.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I have high hopes for the new Radiohead album. A return to rocking from what I've heard

they've been saying this since amnesiac. every album. it's more rocking. every time, it's a crock of shit.
  • they've been saying this since amnesiac. every album. it's more rocking. every time, it's a crock of shit.

I don't like Radiohead because they are 'rockin'.

Hail to the Thief will be tough to top though. I seriously love that album.
    Cock Fight.
    Tek Money wrote:
    I don't like Radiohead because they are 'rockin'.

Hail to the Thief will be tough to top though. I seriously love that album.

apologist.
  • Dream Theater will suck from now own more than likely...they have signed their music to roadrunner
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    Dream Theater will suck from now own more than likely...they have signed their music to roadrunner

i can't imagine DT at this point in their careers, compromising their music to please a record company. portnoy and petrucci will continue to produce i'm sure and they won't have outside forces try to make their music more commerical!
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • nine inch nails, marillion, rush and interpol - looking like its going to be a good first half to the year!
  • Collective Soul has one coming out this year. Hopefully they go back to their roots and it sounds more like their first 3 albums.
    http://www.myspace.com/dgulley
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    A human being that was given to fly...

Check out my band, Artificial Red:
    http://www.myspace.com/artificialr
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    pumpkins
    wilco
    arcade fire
    kings of leon

nice year in new releases
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • they've been saying this since amnesiac. every album. it's more rocking. every time, it's a crock of shit.
    and HTTT wasn't 'more rocking' than kid a?

Have you even heard the new songs? Most of them actually sound a bit like Ok Comp. as Thom has said.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • apologist.

Dude, did a guy in a Radiohead shirt kick your ass or something one time? The guy likes Hail to the Thief, so what? You are always pissing on Radiohead fans like every one of them that thinks they've never done anything wrong.

Every album has it's turds on it (Electioneering and Go To Sleep come to mind real quick) but overall they're all solid albums.
    and HTTT wasn't 'more rocking' than kid a?

Have you even heard the new songs? Most of them actually sound a bit like Ok Comp. as Thom has said.

no, i havent heard any of the new songs. when they release the album i will, but i havent cared to expend the effort to find them. my passion for their music has waned considerably since they released ok computer in high school (if you couldnt tell ;)) httt was a bit more rocking. it just felt too samey. i felt like every song on there followed the exact same blueprint. it lacked either the wild eclecticism of their last 3 albums OR the hooks and choruses of the first 2. it felt like a transition album, so maybe this one will be good. we'll see.
    Dude, did a guy in a Radiohead shirt kick your ass or something one time? The guy likes Hail to the Thief, so what? You are always pissing on Radiohead fans like every one of them that thinks they've never done anything wrong.

Every album has it's turds on it (Electioneering and Go To Sleep come to mind real quick) but overall they're all solid albums.

i was joking. tek and i were doing that in another thread, i forgot the little winky thing cos i figured people would get it.

as to turds, electioneering is better than 95% of the songs on their last 3 albums. i truly hope they can write a song as good as that one on this new album. dont know go to sleep. and no, i dont hate all of their fans, but someone's got to knock them off their pedestal now and again... cos the critics sure as hell dont and the fans wont either.
  • pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    The Shins
    Dinosaur Jr
    Meat Puppets
    Qotsa
  • apologist.

LOL!

"It's not the band I hate, it's their fans."
    Cock Fight.