Top 12 nineties bands

13»

Comments

• Well that's a strange thing to say.
    yes, i know... it always feels strange when you're being enlightened.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    nobody loves pantera here? the only good metal band of 90´s , a band who was outshined because grunge and nu metal we´re the big bussines during 90´s...
  • tonadax wrote:
    nobody loves pantera here? the only good metal band of 90´s , a band who was outshined because grunge and nu metal we´re the big business during 90´s...
    yes but pantera is more of an underground icon... they don't belong on this thread.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836
    how come nobody's mentioned sonic youth... these guys will eat out any band every one has posted on here. even pearl jam's.

yeah sonic youth is one of my favorite bands. i left them off my list because they came out in the early 80's. i always thought of them as being a more prominant band in that decade. especially with daydream nation, the classic from '88. but i guess since i put mmj on my list who only had one album released in the 90's ('99) sonic youth should've made the list as well. i wouldn't say they are superior to pearl jam though. maybe as good, but quite a different band. i think you went a little too far with that comment. all bullshit aside though, amazing band.
  • Morphine was a fantastic band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985JGeGq_tc

RIP Mark Sandman.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Morphine was a fantastic band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985JGeGq_tc

RIP Mark Sandman.

i can tell that you taste like the sky cause you look like rain.

yeah baby, nothing like a little sax. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • yeah sonic youth is one of my favorite bands. i left them off my list because they came out in the early 80's. i always thought of them as being a more prominant band in that decade. especially with daydream nation, the classic from '88. but i guess since i put mmj on my list who only had one album released in the 90's ('99) sonic youth should've made the list as well. i wouldn't say they are superior to pearl jam though. maybe as good, but quite a different band. i think you went a little too far with that comment. all bullshit aside though, amazing band.
    well i understand how you see pearljam as superior than sonic youth... especially since you're a fan. but i wouldn't doubt that many rock critics would back me up here. their sound is much more solid.
    well i understand how you see pearljam as superior than sonic youth... especially since you're a fan. but i wouldn't doubt that many rock critics would back me up here. their sound is much more solid.

i so like sonic youth more than i like pearl jam. don't get me wrong, i do like pearl jam a lot. i just like sonic youth more. mmmmm thurston. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i so like sonic youth more than i like pearl jam. don't get me wrong, i do like pearl jam a lot. i just like sonic youth more. mmmmm thurston. :D:p
    yep, me too... i love pearl jam but sonic youth is the band you can put on your ipod and walk next to a girl in a coffee shop when she asks, "what you listening to?" i'll say, sonic youth then we can start a whole conversation. i can't do that with pearl jam
    yep, me too... i love pearl jam but sonic youth is the band you can put on your ipod and walk next to a girl in a coffee shop when she asks, "what you listening to?" i'll say, sonic youth then we can start a whole conversation. i can't do that with pearl jam

and kim's a goddess. there are no goddesses in pearl jam. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • and kim's a goddess. there are no goddesses in pearl jam. :)
    yes, exactly that too. bands are a lot cooler with a girl... there's no way you could ever beat that. that's why i love my bloody valentine
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,836

like i said sonic youth is one of my favorite bands....you put words in my mouth though, i never said pearl jam was superior to sonic youth, i just said that sonic youth wasn't superior to pearl jam. i love them both, i prefer pearl jam but i think both of them are just as good at what they do. they are two different bands. anyway, not trying to be a dick but i could seriously give to shits about rock critics backing you up. i could give a fuck about what a rock critic thinks.
  • like i said sonic youth is one of my favorite bands....you put words in my mouth though, i never said pearl jam was superior to sonic youth, i just said that sonic youth wasn't superior to pearl jam. i love them both, i prefer pearl jam but i think both of them are just as good at what they do. they are two different bands. anyway, not trying to be a dick but i could seriously give to shits about rock critics backing you up. i could give a fuck about what a rock critic thinks.
    calm down dude... i'm just sayin, they're better than pearl jam and i got pro's who'd back me up. doesn't mean anything though
    calm down dude... i'm just sayin, they're better than pearl jam and i got pro's who'd back me up. doesn't mean anything though

ah man you just lost me. pros? i am the only person who decides what i deem necessary for me to listen to. and believe me people have tried to get me to listen to a particular band. and while i 'get' where theyre coming from im not as so enamoured as they are. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ah man you just lost me. pros? i am the only person who decides what i deem necessary for me to listen to. and believe me people have tried to get me to listen to a particular band. and while i 'get' where theyre coming from im not as so enamoured as they are. :)
    i don't care... you're not a pro so why i should i take your word for it? j/k j/k
    i understand what you mean... but i personally for some odd reason usually or for the most part agree with the pro's. heck, i even agree with roger ebert on most criticisms he gives on movies. except for what he said about seven... he totally lost me. but it doesn't mean anything. kinda like beauty is in the eye of the beholder or good songs are in the ears of the beholder. if someone likes pearl jam over sonic youth it's okay. but as for me... i got pro's backing me up so it makes me feel better and smarter than everyone else.... hahaha j/k
    i don't care... you're not a pro so why i should i take your word for it? j/k j/k
    i understand what you mean... but i personally for some odd reason usually or for the most part agree with the pro's. heck, i even agree with roger ebert on most criticisms he gives on movies. except for what he said about seven... he totally lost me. but it doesn't mean anything. kinda like beauty is in the eye of the beholder or good songs are in the ears of the beholder. if someone likes pearl jam over sonic youth it's okay. but as for me... i got pro's backing me up so it makes me feel better and smarter than everyone else.... hahaha j/k

all i can say is.. refer to your sig. :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • all i can say is.. refer to your sig. :D:p
    well, i so happen to be the biggest genius that's ever lived... it's true.
    well, i so happen to be the biggest genius that's ever lived... it's true.

of course you are. and we are all made of stars. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    tonadax wrote:
    nobody loves pantera here? the only good metal band of 90´s , a band who was outshined because grunge and nu metal we´re the big bussines during 90´s...

Used to like them but dont really listen to that kinda music anymore.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • of course you are. and we are all made of stars. ;):D:p
    if you really believe this, man, you're such a hippie. :D
    if you really believe this, man, you're such a hippie. :D

hey moby told me. surely he wouldn't lie to me. ;):p:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • hey moby told me. surely he wouldn't lie to me. ;):p:D
    isn't moby a vegan or something like that?
    isn't moby a vegan or something like that?

i think so yeah. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    pearl jam
    soundgarden
    the black crowes
    nirvana
    AIC
    sonic youth
    smashng pumpkins
    REM
    RATM
    govt mule
    Derek trucks band
    Oasis
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Pearl Jam
    Radiohead
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Soundgarden
    Rage against the Machine
    Foo fighters
    NIN
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Our Lady Peace
    Deftones
    Alive in Chains
    Screaming trees / Mark Lanegan
    puts his faith in love and, tremor christ.

"I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback."
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    RHCP
    NIN
    Radiohead
    RATM
    Tool
    Nirvana
    AIC
    Tragically Hip
    Our Lady Peace
    White Zombie
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    tonadax wrote:

I liked Pantera. not one of my top 12. I only really liked cowboys, vulgar, and far beyond other then that i thought they really dropped off. I know i have a couple bands with only 3 or 4 albums on my list but i like those albums more then i liked pantera.

As for sonic youth they have some cool 90's albums but i actually prefer their 80's and 00's work to their 90's output.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Pearl Jam
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Nirvana
    Alice in Chains
    Pavement
    REM
    Oasis
    Soundgarden
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Green Day
    Blur
    Foo Fighters
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Pearl Jam
    Nirvana
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Tool
    Alice In Chains
    Soundgarden
    Nine Inch Nails
    Red Hot Chilli Peppers
    Green Day
    Pantera
    Rage Against The Machine
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    Soundgarden
    Bush
    Radiohead
    Pearl Jam
    Live
    Blind Melon
    Black Crowes
    Weezer
    Incubus
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Rage against the machine