Who else thinks Led Zeppelin reunion will SUCK...

13»

Comments

• Wow, excellent spelling, you've really know how to prove a funcking point, I kneal down before you, lol.
    Honestly I would not be surprised if the boys would concede to several other bands before Led Zep (The Ramones for one) not to mention as it is they are some of the most humble musicians (they opened for Tom Petty for God's sake) so thats a pretty weak rooted argument. I've heard a tremendous amount of their back catalog, but its irrelevant because thats not the shit they're known for anyway. I guarantee you most folks identify Led Zep with the "get the led out" block on their clear channel classic rock station and not those tracks mentioned. You are in fact, a tool. Please go hang out with all the other losers who think Rock music peaked in the 70's in your mom's basement. Also, try passing high school English.

yer not wurth spellcheckin fer
  • NewJPage wrote:
    please, allow the zep experts like Veddernarian or myself to do the critical analysis of the band...

but have you seen The Jason Bonham Band... twice?
  • uhh-umm (clears throat)

how do you feel now?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    of course led zeppelin shits on pearl jam. duh. ask any member of pj and they would agree. at least they better.

you are a fucking tool that has heard the same old 6 led zeppelin songs on the radio for the umpteenth funcking billionth time. check out the deep tracks, "hats off to roy harper", "i'm gonna crawl", "down by the seaside", "black country woman,"... that kinda stuff... where zeppelin's legend is sealed in a thousand tons of uncrackable concrete.

the beatles can barely outmatch zep, and the rolling stones have long ago knealt at their feet. the who never even came close. and no band younger than 30 years old can think of competing until their catalog has aged and gone through another generation or two. then we will talk.

Wow, this is for sure the biggest dickhead on the forum. I would take Pearl Jam over Led Zeppelin anyday, I think Pearl Jam has made better songs. Its almost like you refuse to listen to anything but Led Zeppelin. All I can do is laugh about your ignorance.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Wow, this is for sure the biggest dickhead on the forum. I would take Pearl Jam over Led Zeppelin anyday, I think Pearl Jam has made better songs. Its almost like you refuse to listen to anything but Led Zeppelin. All I can do is laugh about your ignorance.

I'm just going to ignore the irony of this post.....
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Wow, this is for sure the biggest dickhead on the forum. I would take Pearl Jam over Led Zeppelin anyday, I think Pearl Jam has made better songs. Its almost like you refuse to listen to anything but Led Zeppelin. All I can do is laugh about your ignorance.
    Dude, Led Zeppelin reigns over Pearl Jam - and just about every other band out there.

Led Zeppelin is by far THE GREATEST rock-n-roll band to ever assemble on stage or studio together. I have always felt that way. Long, long before there ever was a Pearl Jam in my music listening life - there was ALWAYS Led Zeppelin!!!

You screen name probably means that you think Oasis is a better band than Led Zeppelin - and that is what we are all laughing at. For t'is you who does not get it. ;)
  • whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    I have never thought of Led Zep as being one of the great live bands. I absolutely love their music, but from what I have seen on DVDs, they do not sound as good live as I expect them to sound. They did some amazing things live, however. As far as the whole PJ Led Zep shitting debate goes, which is dumb by the way, my dad (NB led zep is his fav band) saw them back in the day and saw PJ on the Riot Act Tour; he thought PJ was way better live.
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,292
    I really wouldn't worry about Jason Bonham filling in for his dad either. He is an amazing drummer. Have heard his solo cd's and seen a drum instructional video taught by him. Amazing.

My brother saw him perform w/Jimmy Page while Page was in The Firm. He said he doesn't hit the skins as hard as his dad, but he's faster.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    whulmef wrote:
    I have never thought of Led Zep as being one of the great live bands. I absolutely love their music, but from what I have seen on DVDs, they do not sound as good live as I expect them to sound. They did some amazing things live, however. As far as the whole PJ Led Zep shitting debate goes, which is dumb by the way, my dad (NB led zep is his fav band) saw them back in the day and saw PJ on the Riot Act Tour; he thought PJ was way better live.
    I have to agree. PJ to me is a way better live band than LZ. But, that may have to do with timing. Concerts in the 60's and 70's were more oriented to drugs than than the music. It was like one big party where everyone was stoned. People sat on the floor and smoked, some danced, it was just a different atmosphere than now. I have been fortunate enough to experience both. I think PJ is unique (other than the Dead) in that every concert is different. That and the difference in the times takes their concerts to a new level that is great imo. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Dude, Led Zeppelin reigns over Pearl Jam - and just about every other band out there.

Led Zeppelin is by far THE GREATEST rock-n-roll band to ever assemble on stage or studio together. I have always felt that way. Long, long before there ever was a Pearl Jam in my music listening life - there was ALWAYS Led Zeppelin!!!

You screen name probably means that you think Oasis is a better band than Led Zeppelin - and that is what we are all laughing at. For t'is you who does not get it. ;)

There are probably 50 bands that I think are better than Led Zeppelin because I like them more. You like Led Zeppelin more, doesnt mean they are a better band.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • There are probably 50 bands that I think are better than Led Zeppelin because I like them more. You like Led Zeppelin more, doesnt mean they are a better band.

50 bands? Name them! Also remember the Spice Girls also did a reunion show not too long ago!
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    I do believe Zeppelin successfully threw this back in all the naysayers faces. What a fucking awesome show!

Bow the fuck down fuckers!

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • whulmef wrote:
    Definitely...I've heard the same thing from many many people who saw zep back in the day. There are great studio bands (Zep, Tool, Radiohead, etc.) and then there are great performing bands (Pearl Jam, Stooges, etc.). It's rare to see one that is both like NIN or RATM.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    webberf1 wrote:
    or at least be nowhere near as great as the hype? Don't get me wrong, im a huge fan of LZ and love their albums... but surely they will be FAR from their best on the night. For starters, there is no John Bonham, the man who can take huge credit for electrifying the audiences in their earlier days. Robert Plant's voice pales in comparison to what it once was. And considering they havent played live in so long, the Pagey-Jonesy combo will be nowhere near as tight as youd hope to anticipate.

I think it will be ok, but nowhere near worth the loads of $$$ for the tickets.

whoa how wrong were you with this assesment ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    I really wouldn't worry about Jason Bonham filling in for his dad either. He is an amazing drummer. Have heard his solo cd's and seen a drum instructional video taught by him. Amazing.

My brother saw him perform w/Jimmy Page while Page was in The Firm. He said he doesn't hit the skins as hard as his dad, but he's faster.

chris slade played drums for the firm

led zeppelin is the greatest rnr band of all time
    but, PJ is the best RnR band SINCE then.
    next in line for the crown

Stone=riffmeister
    McCready=solo god

Page=both
    same with Pete

thing about PJ=its the sum of its parts, including EV, who is arguably the best frontman of any rnr band, ever.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    Get_Right wrote:
    chris slade played drums for the firm

led zeppelin is the greatest rnr band of all time
    but, PJ is the best RnR band SINCE then.
    next in line for the crown

Stone=riffmeister
    McCready=solo god

Page=both
    same with Pete

thing about PJ=its the sum of its parts, including EV, who is arguably the best frontman of any rnr band, ever.

agreed on all points end of thread ,people they got 30million ticket request for 1 show that = unprecedented ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ZEPPELIN RULES ALL OTHER BANDS ever and ever to come.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24