silverchair, opinions

13»

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    asgoodased wrote:
    I pretty much hated everything they did before Diorama. Their new stuff is incredible. Especially when they go "weird". "Those theiving birds" and especially "If you Keep losing sleep" are just great. IYKLS may be the best song I've heard this year.
    "Go weird"...I like that.

And yes, that stretch of Thieving Birds I & II and Strange Behaviour makes the album for me. The boys have grown up nicely.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    I have all the albums except for this last one, but the only ones I like are the first three. I also saw them in NYC this year, and I was a little disappointed, because they didn't play old songs, only Freak. I really enjoy the old stuff more.
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I have all the albums except for this last one, but the only ones I like are the first three. I also saw them in NYC this year, and I was a little disappointed, because they didn't play old songs, only Freak. I really enjoy the old stuff more.

I'm so glad they got out of that drop-d neo-grunge phase, maybe you should too. The new stuff is music at it's finest.

Also, I totally agree w/ the poster a few back about "If You Keep Losing Sleep", that song is unreal and 100X's better live.
  • asgoodasedasgoodased Posts: 109
    I'm so glad they got out of that drop-d neo-grunge phase, maybe you should too. The new stuff is music at it's finest.

Also, I totally agree w/ the poster a few back about "If You Keep Losing Sleep", that song is unreal and 100X's better live.

So jealous you got to see it live. I want to see them so bad, but the only place they are playing within 15 hours of here is Lollapalooza, and I can't afford tickets for that right now.
    I am right by your side...
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    asgoodased wrote:
    So jealous you got to see it live. I want to see them so bad, but the only place they are playing within 15 hours of here is Lollapalooza, and I can't afford tickets for that right now.

i havent seen them since the neon ballroom tour back in high school. i am so stoked for lolla, even though i suspect the crowd for that one will blow... bunch of people waiting to hear tomorrow i bet.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    asgoodased wrote:

I didn't see it live (I wish) but I saw a video of it, which I posted a couple pages back, and it was just insane. I would be seeing them (and PJ) at Lolla, but my asshole of a buddy is getting married.
  • Garden DoggGarden Dogg Posts: 226
    saw them tonight in nyc. they put on a great show, but it was way too short. 13 songs then a 2-song encore.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    that sucks. now I am not so sure about Lolla

I still love, Pure Massacre and Tomorrow.