Era Vulgaris

124»

Comments

• gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Agreed. This album is really sticking with me. Josh Homme is back to fine form. I can't wait to see them live three times this summer.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    Im starting to think that it's better than both Lullabies and the very overestimated Songs for the Deaf...There aren't really any weak songs on Era Vulgaris
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    It gets better with every listen.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    its_ok wrote:
    Im starting to think... There aren't really any weak songs on Era Vulgaris

Sick Sick Sick ftw
  • It gets better with every listen.:)

yes i agree fully....i'm really really digging this record!
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Sick Sick Sick ftw

That or Battery Acid.

Suture Up Your Future is genius though.

For me, its probably my second favorite of theirs behind Songs for the Deaf. At least for now.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    That or Battery Acid.

Suture Up Your Future is genius though.

For me, its probably my second favorite of theirs behind Songs for the Deaf. At least for now.

Batter Acid is not a weak track! Argh!11!1!

There are two skippable songs on Era V:

1. Sick^3
    2. River in the Road

All the rest is gold.
  • Alex_Coe wrote:
    Batter Acid is not a weak track! Argh!11!1!

There are two skippable songs on Era V:

1. Sick^3
    2. River in the Road

All the rest is gold.

i agree river in the road is a skipper but not sick sick sick. why the dislike for this song?
  • its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    I don't understand why people dislike sick sick sick...I probably sat a whole hour on their website with it on repeat, and not once did I get tired of it!!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    I've listened to this album at LEAST once a day every day since it came out. It's by far my favorite QOTSA album, which is hard to believe I'm saying. I don't think there's anything close to a bad song on it. My friend says that it's too short to be his favorite QOTSA album, but I kinda like that aspect of it, to be honest. I sometimes find myself feeling like Lullabies and SFTD are a little too drawn out towards the end. I think Era Vulgaris is a perfect album and it's my favorite album of 2007 easily.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH