Era Vulgaris

Comments

• dirtdirt Posts: 398
    Does anyone know if Era Vulgaris will be released on vinyl? If so, what is the date? The past two records included the bonus tracks on the vinyl version.
    drive less - RIDE MORE!
  • Lets hear some love for misfit love!! this song sounds like something that would be playing in the background during some very hot dirty rock and roll sex.
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Lets hear some love for misfit love!! this song sounds like something that would be playing in the background during some very hot dirty rock and roll sex.

"Give them a taste of my misfit love", awesome track, I'm lovin every song on the album at the moment.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    dirt wrote:
    Does anyone know if Era Vulgaris will be released on vinyl? If so, what is the date? The past two records included the bonus tracks on the vinyl version.

The last one came out on vinyl a while after the cd version...I'm sure Era will be released on vinyl sometime.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Not a bad album. Needs a few listens to get your teeth into it but i'm defo gonna pick it up soon.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Average queens cd. 3 good numbers, a couple of decent and a few fillers. My favorite is I´m designer.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • lars wrote:
    Average queens cd. 3 good numbers, a couple of decent and a few fillers. My favorite is I´m designer.

wow, only 3 good numbers you say? which ones are those?
    lars wrote:

That's my least favorite song.
    wow, only 3 good numbers you say? which ones are those?
    Sick, sick, sick
    I´m designer
    3´s & 7´s
    GoBucky wrote:
    That's my least favorite song.
    your bad
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    To be honest, River really makes me yawn.

I'm Designer is groovy.

Battery Acid makes me thrash my man skull.

3's and 7's wakes up my music brain and makes my balls tingle.

Run Pig Run is beer for my eers.

Misfit Love makes me cum.
  • illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    To be honest, River really makes me yawn.

I'm Designer is groovy.

Battery Acid makes me thrash my man skull.

3's and 7's wakes up my music brain and makes my balls tingle.

Run Pig Run is beer for my eers.

Misfit Love makes me cum.

What do you think of Turnin' on the Screw? Man that tune is DECENT!!!.

"Bulby for something somewhere 08"
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Turnin' on the Screw is my favourite song on the album. I also really like Run, Pig, Run, I'm Designer, Sick Sick Sick, 3's and 7's, Battery Acid and the studio Make It Wit Chu. The songs that aren't doing anything for me right now but may at some point in the future are Suture Up Your Future, Misfit Love (too long), River In The Road and Into The Hollow.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    Does anyone know where I can get a "Bulby 4 life" T? I know band shirts are incredibly lametard, but I say it's forgiveable if the band is unpopular or devoid of cultural status...

3\_/13Y 4 1if3
  • lars wrote:
    Sick, sick, sick
    I´m designer
    3´s & 7´s

I agree, those are all good songs but I think Turnin' on the screw & Suture up your future are fantastic as well.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    sick sick sick (aka 666)
    i'm designer
    make it wit chu
    3's & 7's
    suture up your future
    misfit love
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    sick sick sick (aka 666)
    i'm designer
    make it wit chu
    3's & 7's
    suture up your future
    misfit love

Thank you for that abbreviated tracklist. Now we know what songs you know are on the CD.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    Thank you for that abbreviated tracklist. Now we know what songs you know are on the CD.

you're most welcome. :D:p and the reason i know is cause im listening to it as we speak. did ya think i was faking did ya? :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    you're most welcome. :D:p and the reason i know is cause im listening to it as we speak. did ya think i was faking did ya? :D:p

Too... many smilies...
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    just listened to this album this morning for the first time in a very long time.
    terrefic bad-ass stuff!

someones in the wolf is where it's at
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    I agree, those are all good songs but I think Turnin' on the screw & Suture up your future are fantastic as well.
    okay...I´ll give them another listen
    glasshouse wrote:
    just listened to this album this morning for the first time in a very long time.
    terrefic bad-ass stuff!

someones in the wolf is where it's at

No question...one of their best songs!
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    i'm a big fan of battery acid and run pig run. I would go ahead and say that this is their most diverse album yet, but i find myself saying that with every album that they come out with.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    i'm a big fan of battery acid and run pig run. I would go ahead and say that this is their most diverse album yet, but i find myself saying that with every album that they come out with.

R is their most diverse album.

"Queens of the Stone Age" and "QotSA-Kyuss Split" are their least diverse.
  • illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    Anyone catch their stint on The Henry Rollins Show?

Misfit Love ROCKED!!! so hard.
  • bladworth116bladworth116 Posts: 344
    love the video for Sick, Sick, Sick
    Bumped for the Robots

Turning on the Screw REALLY clicked for me yesterday. Before I thought "hey that's a funky song, overlong though. Now w00t on to Designer!"

But I listened to it for the fourth/fifth time yesterday, and it really rocked for some reason. I don't know why, but now I like this song a lot.

Suture Up Your Future... has yet to tickle my balls but I'm sure I'll love it before long.
  • whats up guys---

listening to era vulgaris today and cant help but think the song 'into the hollow' is slightly similar to 'long slow goodbye' from lullabies to paralyze, almost like they could be brother or sister songs somehow.

anyone else get the feeling?
    whats up guys---

listening to era vulgaris today and cant help but think the song 'into the hollow' is slightly similar to 'long slow goodbye' from lullabies to paralyze, almost like they could be brother or sister songs somehow.

anyone else get the feeling?

Into the Hollow really reminds me of Hispanic Impressions!
  • blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    A week's worth of listening later ... and I'm accepting a long-term relationship with this record. Gorgeous. Homme's a master.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~