Era Vulgaris

Comments

• hmm
    i dont know

it's not bad....ive only heard it a couple times, still need to really absorb it....i think lullabies might be a little better, i really like that record ...and the first two....but it's not bad. some good shit. gotta keep listening.
  • Dick JonesDick Jones Posts: 777
    This album is the balls.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    hmm
    i dont know

it's not bad....ive only heard it a couple times, still need to really absorb it....i think lullabies might be a little better, i really like that record ...and the first two....but it's not bad. some good shit. gotta keep listening.

So far I agree...the 4 before it are better, but this one still kicks ass! It's growing on me every day. Run, Pig, Run is phenominal!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have listened to the album 4 times.

Queens are a band that almost all the albums take a little bit of time for me to absorb and appreciate except for Lullibies (which was my least favorite) LtP hit me quick but wore off quick too.

This album sounds different yet the same. I think i'm going to grow to really like it but i need to listen to it more.

Songs like misfit love and battery acid sound pretty good.

the remix of make it wit u is very cool.

It is great how josh keeps changing sounds a little yet keeping it rockin still.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    intodeep wrote:
    LtP hit me quick but wore off quick too.

Same here, though I still listen to a few from Lullabies occasionally like 'I Never Came', 'Tangled Up In Plaid', and 'Someone's In The Wolf'. I think I'll give it some more spins after I've let Era settle in a bit.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    intodeep wrote:
    I have listened to the album 4 times.

Queens are a band that almost all the albums take a little bit of time for me to absorb and appreciate except for Lullibies (which was my least favorite) LtP hit me quick but wore off quick too.

This album sounds different yet the same. I think i'm going to grow to really like it but i need to listen to it more.

Songs like misfit love and battery acid sound pretty good.

the remix of make it wit u is very cool.

It is great how josh keeps changing sounds a little yet keeping it rockin still.

Lullabies is a strange one I appreciate it, but it's almost like two different albums the first eight tracks, then the last 6. The first eight are blistering but then the last 6 seem totally different, I like them but they took a lot longer to get into compared to the first half of the record.
    Era is just all instant hit with me the stand outs for me are Into The Hollow, Sick Sick Sick, Make It Wit Chu, Misfit Love and River In The Road, they are all strong tracks though, this album is solid, it almost made me do a duggan in my pants.:p:D:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    Somebody check my shoes, I think I stepped in HIT!
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    This album is the balls.

Yes. It is the big balls.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Well , I've listened a little more....

I have to say it's a pretty solid album.

turnin' on the screw, sick sick sick, make it wit chu, 3s and 7s & suture up your future are all great tunes.

hell, the whole record is pretty solid, definitely seems like a grower. however, i think river in the road is kinda weak, sounds a little too techno, doesnt it? and i dont like techno. but who knows? maybe it'll sound good soon.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Well , I've listened a little more....

I have to say it's a pretty solid album.

turnin' on the screw, sick sick sick, make it wit chu, 3s and 7s & suture up your future are all great tunes.

hell, the whole record is pretty solid, definitely seems like a grower. however, i think river in the road is kinda weak, sounds a little too techno, doesnt it? and i dont like techno. but who knows? maybe it'll sound good soon.

Yes, I agree. RitR is the weakest track on the album for me as well. Still the song is decent enough.
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i think i like this album more than LtP already.... i might say that i like it better than SftD but i have to give it a bit more play time.. it really does kick ass though!
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    from a neutral fan point of view..... it's pretty average.... i get bored at about halfway of hearing the same tempo riffs & the same vocal stylings.... i don't know, rated r & sftd just seem miles ahead of these last 2 albums.
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    The official QotSA ranking thing:
    1) SftD
    2) QotSA
    3) Era Vulgaris
    3) Rated R
    4) LtP was eh.
    I don't understand the distaste for Lullabies. It's a very good album! Someone's in the Wolf is a top 5 Queens tune.
  • GoBucky wrote:
    I don't understand the distaste for Lullabies. It's a very good album! Someone's in the Wolf is a top 5 Queens tune.

I agree....L2P is fucking brilliant. I'd say that, along with the self-titled are probably their best albums.

SftD close behind, with Rated R and Era rounding out the pack.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    okay... so... ive given it 3 listens so far. it's QOT-fuckin-SA. it rocks. as expected. im liking suture up your future best atm. :D
    did everyone get the extra songs?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    okay... so... ive given it 3 listens so far. it's QOT-fuckin-SA. it rocks. as expected. im liking suture up your future best atm. :D
    did everyone get the extra songs?

Running Joke + Era Vulgaris in the UK.
    But I've downloaded Christian Brothers, Goin' Out West and The Fun Machine Took A Shit And Died.;)
    Is that like a nipple infection or something?:)
    Running Joke + Era Vulgaris in the UK.

yep same here in the land of oz. :)

Is that like a nipple infection or something?

i have no answer to this question cause it makes no sense. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    yep same here in the land of oz. :)

i have no answer to this question cause it makes no sense. :D

You'd have to see bulby in action to click, there is promo videos produced and directed by Liam Lynch featuring the bulbs on the cover.
    I'm warming to the bulbs, bulby is hillarious.
    You'd have to see bulby in action to click, there is promo videos produced and directed by Liam Lynch featuring the bulbs on the cover.
    I'm warming to the bulbs, bulby is hillarious.

there are a few things i'd like to see in action and an animated bulb is not one of them. ;):D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    there are a few things i'd like to see in action and an animated bulb is not one of them. ;):D:p

I guess I'm easy pleased.;)
    I guess I'm easy pleased.;)

easily amused at least. :):p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    easily amused at least. :):p

Fuck it, let's just say I'm easy.:p:D
    Just downloaded every B-Side...Goin' West, White Wedding, Fun Machine, Christian Brothers, I'm Designer Remix, etc.

Anyway, The Fun Machine Took A Shit! And Died is perhaps my favorite QOTSA song ever as of now. This should have been on the album, such a killer rock jam in the middle. It should have been the album's centerpiece.
    Just downloaded every B-Side...Goin' West, White Wedding, Fun Machine, Christian Brothers, I'm Designer Remix, etc.

Anyway, The Fun Machine Took A Shit! And Died is perhaps my favorite QOTSA song ever as of now. This should have been on the album, such a killer rock jam in the middle. It should have been the album's centerpiece.

Where did you find them all?
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

the fun machine i think was supposed to be on LtoP but they lost the master tape. I think they actually thought the tape was stolen before it turned up at a studio they did not use often. By the time it turned up it was too late to make the album.

It was given to fans of a cancelled show in the UK as a 7" as an apology for the show having to be cancelled.

Really cool song i dig it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • GoBucky wrote:

yes, where do you get these b-sides?

all this downloading business is way over my head.

anyone, anyone?
    GoBucky wrote:

http://forum.rekordsrekords.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43355

God bless QOTSA message board.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780

Awesome! Thank you!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?