Least favorite popular 90s bands

13»

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Whether you like them or not, its just silly to name bands like Nirvana, STP, and Oasis amongst Smash Mouth and Limp Bizkit. Sure you might not like those bands but they at least have some credibility to them.
    even though this is a thread about opinion purely, I kind of agree. That was my point in my response to the guy who said the Meat Puppets. Whether you like them or not, I can't believe they came up in this thread.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    3rd eye blind
    primative radio gods
    vertical horizon
    everclear
    barenaked ladies
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    even though this is a thread about opinion purely, I kind of agree. That was my point in my response to the guy who said the Meat Puppets. Whether you like them or not, I can't believe they came up in this thread.
    well it is my opinion, i never said they are no good though, i just don't like this sound, they are my least favorite of the popular bands of 90's, i have listened to them enough cause i saw they were good but i didn't like it, my opinion of course! no joke ! (like their album)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    nicos wrote:
    well it is my opinion, i never said they are no good though, i just don't like this sound, they are my least favorite of the popular bands of 90's, i have listened to them enough cause i saw they were good but i didn't like it, my opinion of course! no joke ! (like their album)
    Aye but are they really the kind of band the thread is about? Meat Puppets were never popular until they joined Nirvana to run through some of their songs on MTV Unplugged. That was a good 12 years into their existence. I never saw them as a particular popular or well-known band, not in the same was as Counting Crows or other bands brought up here.

I wasn't questioning your opinion. I know they are an acquired taste, especially Curt Kirkwood's voice.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • gabers wrote:
    Really? You thought they were the worst band of the 90's? I think they were one of the better rock bands of the 90's. And they've made some great music since 2000 too.

I didn't think they were the worst, I just thought of them from this thread.
  • Gin Blossoms are great, basically anybody that says this has not heard a full record of theirs.

my first year of high school I was in love with that first gin blossoms album.
  • The Smashing Pumpkins
    Nirvana
  • shut up if you listen to siamese dream or mellon collie and the infinte sadness and call them bad you are just gay.
  • Limp Bizkit
    Korn
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    We could list so many late 90s bands that were total garbage

Our Lady Peace
    Vertical Horizon
    Bush
    Sugar Ray
    Marcy Playground
    Fastball

Marcy Playground popular? They had one popular song!!!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Nirvana

This is least favorite 90's bands...not most favorite 90's bands.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Marcy Playground popular? They had one popular song!!!

It was a very popular song though and I am sure basically everybody here has heard of them
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Ace of Base
    Aqua
    and the Swedish hillbillies that sang "Cotton-eyed Joe"
    NERDS!
  • Ace of Base
    Aqua
    and the Swedish hillbillies that sang "Cotton-eyed Joe"

you mean the rednex.

I'm putting down whoever created the "macarena". nothing like seeing al gore do it at the 1996 democratic convention in his attempt to look cool..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • LIVE's Mental Jewelry and Throwing Copper are two albums that every "90's rock" collection must have...

Anyone who says otherwise has one of those "wrong" opinions....

:)