Least favorite popular 90s bands

Comments

• dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Oasis
    Fuel
    Creed
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • That's worse than being the guy who hands out raisins! :eek:

raisins ok

pennies bad
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    That's worse than being the guy who hands out raisins! :eek:

Oh man, was that a funny day. We handed out all sorts of crap, vegetables, supplements, clothes, college textbooks, donuts, books, tapes, cds, aol disks, canned foods. Here are a couple highlights.

We gave a kid a playstation game and his brother asked if we had anymore games so we gave him a radish.

One kids dad started swearing at us and my friend yelled way too be a good father.

We gave a kid a carrot and he asked if we had any candy, I said vegetables are the candy of the earth.

My friend autographed photos of himself and gave them to kids. That night we found a college algebra textbook with the autograph picture inside the book, the parents wrote that we should burn in hell for handing that stuff out instead of candy.

Some people cant take a joke apparently.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Oh man, was that a funny day. We handed out all sorts of crap, vegetables, supplements, clothes, college textbooks, donuts, books, tapes, cds, aol disks, canned foods. Here are a couple highlights.

We gave a kid a playstation game and his brother asked if we had anymore games so we gave him a radish.

One kids dad started swearing at us and my friend yelled way too be a good father.

We gave a kid a carrot and he asked if we had any candy, I said vegetables are the candy of the earth.

My friend autographed photos of himself and gave them to kids. That night we found a college algebra textbook with the autograph picture inside the book, the parents wrote that we should burn in hell for handing that stuff out instead of candy.

Some people cant take a joke apparently.

Good Work. That's why it's trick or treat right? Smart kids would come up to the door and just say "Treat"
    NERDS!
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    Don't forget Gin Blossoms and Hootie & The Blowfish. Absolutely horrible.

And I'm pretty sure Uncle Kracker didn't come out with anything until 2000, but he's horrible just the same.
  • Oasis

Nirvana
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
    spnkri wrote:
    Don't forget Gin Blossoms and Hootie & The Blowfish. Absolutely horrible.

And I'm pretty sure Uncle Kracker didn't come out with anything until 2000, but he's horrible just the same.

Gin Blossoms are great, basically anybody that says this has not heard a full record of theirs.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    Gin Blossoms are great, basically anybody that says this has not heard a full record of theirs.

I admit I haven't, but I was just going by their radio singles.

How about Slaughter and Ugly Kid Joe then? I actually did buy their albums, for some reason.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    spnkri wrote:
    I admit I haven't, but I was just going by their radio singles.

How about Slaughter and Ugly Kid Joe then? I actually did buy their albums, for some reason.
    I now refer to slaughter in the manner learnt from sean kinney from AIC, talking about when they toured with them. He pronounced it as if it rhymed with "laughter".

I'm not sure of the pun was intentional but he was talking about them in a "I can't believe we opened for slaffter" kind of way.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • say_hisay_hi Posts: 312
    Nirvana
    STP
    Soundgarden
    etc...
    4/30/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06 (Letterman Mini-Concert), 5/5/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
  • DMBPJ20DMBPJ20 Posts: 160
    Smash Mouth.
    Presidents of the United States (was that their name?)
    Fuel
    ...I just wanna scream hello...
    No L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G Alllloooowed.

I'll ride the wave, where it takes me.
  • STP
    Bush
    Third eye blind
    Collective soul
    Sonic Youth
    Smashing Pumpkins
  • I am going to defend the next album after that, The Distance to Here, because it is my favorite album ever.

After that, I think the 3 discs that followed had enough good stuff to make one good compilation cd.

My votes for this thread

Oasis
    Beck
    Black Crowes
    Counting Crows

Counting crows? You're insane...
    A restaurant with a smoking section is like a swimming pool with a pissing section
  • Limp Bizkit
    Korn
    Candlebox
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Nirvana
    STP
    Soundgarden
    etc...

Yikes, I totally disagree with you on STP and Soundgarden.

And just for the record, Soundgarden formed and released an album in 80's.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • DMBPJ12 wrote:
    Smash Mouth.
    Presidents of the United States (was that their name?)
    Fuel

Presidents Of The USA, I love that song they did called LUMP.
  • Am i the only one reading this thread and promptly going and downloading all these bands?

This is nothing but a trip down teenage memory lane as far as i am concerned

Thank everyone!
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Spin Doctors
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    yosi wrote:

They would still be called a 90s band, lets not get too technical otherwise we would call Nirvana and NIN 80s bands as well.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• wcsmithwcsmith Posts: 165
    I am going to defend the next album after that, The Distance to Here, because it is my favorite album ever.

After that, I think the 3 discs that followed had enough good stuff to make one good compilation cd.

My votes for this thread

Oasis
    Beck
    Black Crowes
    Counting Crows

The Black Crowes? Seriously? I can agree if you are exclusively talking about By Your Side or Lions, but Southern Harmony and Amorica are two of the best records of the 90's. And to choose the Crowes when you have Better Than Ezra, Creed, Matchbox 20, Limp Bizkit, et al, to choose from...wow
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Limp Bizkit
    yosi wrote:

two albums and two EPs I believe.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Oasis
    Beck
    Black Crowes
    Counting Crows

Congrats! You have managed to name four of my favorite acts.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    remember better than ezra?

Really? You thought they were the worst band of the 90's? I think they were one of the better rock bands of the 90's. And they've made some great music since 2000 too.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    I now refer to slaughter in the manner learnt from sean kinney from AIC, talking about when they toured with them. He pronounced it as if it rhymed with "laughter".

I'm not sure of the pun was intentional but he was talking about them in a "I can't believe we opened for slaffter" kind of way.

Holy crap, Alice In Chains toured with Slaughter?! That's golden.
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Shed Seven.
    Ocean Colour Scene.
  • Am i the only one reading this thread and promptly going and downloading all these bands?

This is nothing but a trip down teenage memory lane as far as i am concerned

Thank everyone!

Yeah, I've liked some of the ones mentioned to a degree. Not many worth my money, but still some good bands mentioned hear. Or at least soem bands with a few decent songs.

I stand by my first two picks and would definately like to add Smash Mouth. Horrible... it was little kid music that should have never made it. Thats the worst of the bands I see mentioned here.

And whoever put Soundgarden, STP and Nirvana..... obviously they are trying to dig for something, don't ya think?
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • i dissagree with many names mentioned here,specially soundgarden, stp, nirvana
    one name comes in my name, they were there in the 80's too
    the meat puppets
    nicos wrote:
    i dissagree with many names mentioned here,specially soundgarden, stp, nirvana
    one name comes in my name, they were there in the 80's too
    the meat puppets
    Haha, oh my fucking god.

Up on the Sun is a masterpiece.
    Whether you like them or not, its just silly to name bands like Nirvana, STP, and Oasis amongst Smash Mouth and Limp Bizkit. Sure you might not like those bands but they at least have some credibility to them.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006