Anyone like Jazz Music?

13»

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I've started on some of the recommendations; John Coltrane and Art Tatum. Unfortunately, I was not able to buy the CDs you suggested, but here are the ones I found:

Art Tatum - Piano Master
    Ken Burns Jazz - John Coltrane

Overall, I'm very happy with them so far. They definitely make me feel like I'm in a cafe ready to pen a poem, and enjoy cake and a latte, which is really the feeling I wanted. I'm still researching the suggestions, and other artist suggestions on this thread. I'm looking forward to experiencing the new sounds :)

That is cool. Jazz has so many good artist to explore once you start it can be addicting.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Haven't read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned Grant Green? Amazing, amazing Jazz guitarist. Mellow. Beautiful tone. 'Solid' is an album he did with McCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones who regularly backed Coltrane. 'The complete Quartets with Sonny Clark' is an amazing two disc set.
  • Huge jazz fan. I actually liked Miles more when he went electric. "In a Silent Way..." is my favorite of his. Followed by his Tribute to Jack Johnson.
  • Dog LoyalDog Loyal Posts: 336
    Ahmad Jamal. This guy has been at it for 50 years and he is still amazing. Saw him live in Chicago about 10 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ju18EaWyU
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Coltrane- Giant Steps and Blue Train.
    Always remind me of a late night walk through a rainy city. Loved these tunes in Jazz class at St. John's. Great, great tunes.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli