Viva la Vida

pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I love it. Your thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ntt117ntt117 Posts: 56
    Easily my favorite since Parachutes. I cant even really listen to A rush of blood... and x&y. I can only listen to coldplay when im in a certain mood though.
    "If we werent all crazy we would go insane."
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Thought the album was really boring and bland. X&Y grew a lot on me, I really enjoy that album now... of course it doesn't beat Parachutes nor A Rush of Blood, but it's good... but Viva La Vida has the title song and Violet Hill that are good... everything else just seems the same.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I hate it. And i'm not one of those people who hate Coldplay. I like everything else they have released.
  • Have had it for a while now. My opinion on it kept changing.

As of right now, I would have to say it's decent at best.

There are some really good songs and some weak ones.

But the good songs are really good. All in all, it's probably not the best. A Rush of Blood is probably the best and strongest record from Coldplay.

I agree with Blind Melon, X & Y really grew on me also, it is really solid.

I don't know...it's weird, Coldplay is one of those bands...you know what I'm talking about.
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Coldplay bores me.
  • BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    Love the first two. X&Y was awful in my opinion and VLV is boring. There was a big "that was it?" feeling after listening to it a few times.
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    is this ricky martin's song? :D j/k
    Coldplay bores me.

i agree. they make me sleepy. yawn......
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    suns rival wrote:
    is this ricky martin's song? :D j/k

i agree. they make me sleepy. yawn......
    good job.........you beat me. i really thought of "loca" when i read the title.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • monster95monster95 Posts: 127
    listening to C.Martins whinging voice makes me want to jump of something high!
    Coldplay? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I plan to live forever.so far so good !
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Love it.

Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill and Yes are awesome songs.....

Coldplay get a rough ride I reckon.....

fuck it, I like their music and to me that's all that matters.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • "Lost" is pretty cool. The rest of it is alright. I too have to be in a certain mood to listen to those guys. They make me miss U2. When is their next one coming out?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    I am very dissappointed.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    Life in Technicolor, Lost, Yes, Violet Hill and Viva la Vida are great. I dont like the 2 songs on one track garbage. the album as a whole has grown on me and continues to do so.

with X&Y, I liked a few tracks off the bat (Square One, X&Y, What If, Speed, Talk), and the rest still sucks (FIX YOU--worst song they've ever done).

Parachutes and Rush of Blood are great albums beginning to end. cant say the same about the last 2.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am very dissappointed.

Agreed...I am still in shock that they released Lost? with that stupid drum beat behind it and RUINED Lovers in Japan with the second part...boo
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    When Parachutes came out, I thought there was a chance they would head in the same directions as Radiohead. Unfortunately, they went towards the money.
    petrocs wrote:
    Agreed...I am still in shock that they released Lost? with that stupid drum beat behind it and RUINED Lovers in Japan with the second part...boo

they need to lose the production and go back to writing great melodies
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I absolutely loved it. I think this is probably their best album to date honestly. Their sound is progressing in really cool ways and there were times when I was listening to the album that I could swear that it was a Pink Floyd cd! I love how they've taken elements from the Beatles, Pink Floyd and U2 and kinda mashed them all up to make this unique sound. I know many of the people in this thread didn't like the album but I'd say just give it another listen. Seems like it might be one of those albums that grows on you slowly.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    lowlight10 wrote:
    Life in Technicolor, Lost, Yes, Violet Hill and Viva la Vida are great. I dont like the 2 songs on one track garbage. the album as a whole has grown on me and continues to do so.

with X&Y, I liked a few tracks off the bat (Square One, X&Y, What If, Speed, Talk), and the rest still sucks (FIX YOU--worst song they've ever done).

Parachutes and Rush of Blood are great albums beginning to end. cant say the same about the last 2.

what?????????????????????????????????

Fix You, worst song ever by Coldplay???

My friend you are unbelievably insane....you need checking out
    Jason P wrote:
    When Parachutes came out, I thought there was a chance they would head in the same directions as Radiohead. Unfortunately, they went towards the money.

Radiohead went in totally the wrong directions,

they hit the big time with OKC and then lost their marbles, ok they may be a great live band, but on record, they suck balls
    and back to the point of this, the new record is great, its not gonna go down in history as the new White album or a Revolver but its still a strong and throroughly enjoyable record...

the title track is a marvellous track...congrats to them for me...
  • SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Good solid album. Tried something different. Really looking forward to the next album if they keep on leaving their trail. Much better than X&Y.

A good pop album unfortunately not their Achtung Baby. Maybe next time.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    Bremerton wrote:
    Love the first two. X&Y was awful in my opinion and VLV is boring. There was a big "that was it?" feeling after listening to it a few times.

I kinda had a big "that was it?" feeling too after the first couple of listens to the entire album. I think because the album was so hyped, everyone was expecting so much.

It has grown on me and I think it's a very solid album. Not their best, but definitely very solid. Looking forward to seeing them in concert next week...
    pdalowsky wrote:
    what?????????????????????????????????

Fix You, worst song ever by Coldplay???

My friend you are unbelievably insane....you need checking out

I stand by my statement.

Fix You sucks and always will.
    -

• BremertonBremerton Posts: 279
    lowlight10 wrote:
    I stand by my statement.

I 100% agree. It is the worst. It gave me a head start to the parking lot on their last tour.
    lowlight10 wrote:
    I stand by my statement.

I agree cornball lyrics
  • pretentious
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Wow.....

I can't believe how people can so quickly discredit songs like Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill and Viva La Vida.....

I think it's their strongest ALBUM.....it just flows.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • robowskirobowski Posts: 143
    its a solid effort - songs like lovers in japan and strawberry swing are catchy - i find myself humming it in my head alot lately
    As you live your life in sometimes quiet desperation, facing adversity and tragedy: if you have hope and love, that mixture helps you overcome that tragedy and go on with the rest of your life.”
    --Jack Lengyel
    I didnt love "Lost" until I saw them perform it on the Daily Show. great song.
    -

Fix you is a fucking awesome song, one of the very finest of that year....

Yiou'll be telling us all everybody hurts or lightning crashes are shit next