Chris Cornell : Ex-Audioslave vocalist

funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Well, I hope all you Audioslave haters are happy. Your incessant insults and all-around negativity has finally resulted in Chris Cornell leaving the band, according to Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67137
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I just read that on Rolling Stone. That's good news.
  • holy shit.

good news i think. never thought it would happen.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Its about fucking time.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • all i have to say is bring on rage against the machine
  • I'm setting the over/under of threads devoted to this on the board at 10...who's in?
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    funkymonk wrote:
    Well, I hope all you Audioslave haters are happy. Your incessant insults and all-around negativity has finally resulted in Chris Cornell leaving the band, according to Blabbermouth:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67137
    OHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGODOHMYFUCKINGGOD....
    Chris could go solo permanently and RAGE COULD REUNITE!!!
    Sucks bout 'Slave though :p:D:(
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    I'm setting the over/under of threads devoted to this on the board at 10...who's in?
    Yeah and each will have an article from a different website.
    I'll take the bet :D
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    culot4 wrote:
    Its about fucking time.

+1

I need to buy you an adult beverage, homie! :D
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    enharmonic wrote:
    +1

I need to buy you an adult beverage, homie! :D

+ 2!!

Thank God! That was about time!!!! Go Chris, you don't need them!!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    OMG!!!! What?? :( I’ve never believed all the rumors so this does come as a huge shock. Wtf??! This is very sad news....for an Audioslave lover like myself anyways which apparently is rare around these parts. Wow! I can’t believe this! :(

Well I’m very grateful for the music they’ve left behind and it will always rock my life!! And on the most positive note EVER~~~~> Here's to a bunch more of SOLO CORNELL!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES! Afterall this is all I really need in life. :o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238

I posted a while ago that there was a rumor going around the Audioslave are breaking up and that Rage might reunite. I got blasted for it. I feel vindicated. :)
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    what a bummer. I love Audioslave. I never got to see them live. Sad Thursday.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • I seriously can't believe it either myself. I had heard all the rumours but never actually thought..*sigh* Truly a loss! I mean hell, they were the whole reason why I ever discovered rock music and Pearl Jam and all the great musicians that enlightened my passion in the first place! As much as I am so excited for the Rage reunion and Chris solo tour and album, I know this will be a twinge of heartbreak. RIP<333 :(
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    As much as I liked Audioslave and I'm horribly sad to hear that Cornell has gone..haven't gotten the chance to see these boys live, like I would have hoped to...

....I loved Rage even more!! Let's hope that the 1 show that Rage has in April or whatever the date is...will turn into another album and a whole new tour! Viva la Rage!
    I seriously can't believe it either myself. I had heard all the rumours but never actually thought..*sigh* Truly a loss! I mean hell, they were the whole reason why I ever discovered rock music and Pearl Jam and all the great musicians that enlightened my passion in the first place! As much as I am so excited for the Rage reunion and Chris solo tour and album, I know this will be a twinge of heartbreak. RIP<333(

I knew you'd mourn this loss with me. :( I still refuse to fully believe it until I see something official. It doesnt look good though.
    RIP indeed<333

"Lo√e, you know the word

• culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    bovy_j wrote:

....I loved Rage even more!! Let's hope that the 1 show that Rage has in April or whatever the date is...will turn into another album and a whole new tour! Viva la Rage!

Thats probably what Cornell is afraid of. Instead of him being the odd man out if Rage decides to reunite for the long term, he'll quit first in order to preserve his ego. He made a lot of money pumping out a crappy Audioslave album every year and it wasn't going to last forever. Thats one of the reasons I disliked them so much. They had absolutely no integrity, and it was all about getting paid.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    I knew you'd mourn this loss with me. :( I still refuse to fully believe it until I see something official. It doesnt look good though.
    RIP indeed<333

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003546530

That official enough for you? Yeah...it is definately a pity, but....maybe this will start back up something with Rage for more than one show...maybe a new album? Look on the bright side! Audioslave was fucking awesome, but they were no RATM.
  • I like audioslave, but i like RATM more. So if this leads to a real reunion with a full tour, it'd be well worth it in my opinion
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    It looks like I'm in the minority in this thread I enjoyed Audiosalve immensely...and feel fortunate to have seen them play live in 05 when they were playing both Soundgarden and Rage songs.
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    I'm with you Hawkshore!
    bovy_j wrote:

*sigh* Yes. I know. I guess I'm just not gonna fully let it sink in until I see it on their website or something. Even so I still feel this drop in my stomach reading these things. I'm know deep down it's true but still. I'm a huge fan in shock. That's all.

And I know they were no RAGE. :p They were certainly no SOUNDGARDEN!!!!!!! But that's ok. They werent trying to be either and I really loved the mixture of sounds. Again, this news does sadden me very much but I'm also excited about what lies ahead for the guys...especially the mighty CORNELL. :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I'm setting the over/under of threads devoted to this on the board at 10...who's in?
    If by the board, you mean this forum, the Porch and The AET.......I would take the over.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Cool. They weren't so good after the first album anyway.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    two words:SOUNDGARDEN REUNION
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Yeah but RAGE broke up for a reason. How long before they break up again? 1? 2 albums? I prefered Audioslave to RAGE, they had more musical direction and diversity then RAGE but RAGE are still great. Thank god i saw Audioslave while i had the chance, that was an unbeleivable gig. On the bright side it looks like Cornell might do a big tour on his solo album.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250

I really hope this happens now!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • I am not sure if he is redeemable at this point... I really hated Audioslave.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.

OMG I knooooow! :eek:
    *dies a few times just thinking about it*
    Tis the season! :D;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• i'm all for a soundgarden reunion, but no keeping Matt! He's ours! :D
    Something never thought you'd be part of
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    but it have to be a full on soundgarden reunion
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272

Would be nice but the Billboard article made that sound very unlikely.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.