Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist

13»

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    While I wouldn't say it's better than PJ, I will agree that Gish is a "fucking ace album." Lots of distortion and a lot of goth and pop influence help separate it from other Pumpkins albums.

I meant to say if you look at early performances of pearl jam, like all the energy and stuff, well their performances are just as good or better. Billy just shreds that guitar and Jimmy plays like no other.

I think you got me anyway.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Just thinking of Mellon Collie gives me a warm feeling inside :p. Beautiful album.

Fuck loads of filler on it though, I've said it so many times but there's been no double album that's justified the fact that it's a double album. Reign in your egos, Smashing Pumpkins, Beatles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Springsteen, Pink Floyd...
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I BrisK I wrote:
    I meant to say if you look at early performances of pearl jam, like all the energy and stuff, well their performances are just as good or better. Billy just shreds that guitar and Jimmy plays like no other.

I think you got me anyway.

Ah ok I get what you're saying. But yeah, I've always thought the Pumpkins were an amazing live band. I'll be seeing them for the 3rd time in a few weeks and I thought the stuff from Viewphoria was kickass.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    muppet wrote:
    Just thinking of Mellon Collie gives me a warm feeling inside :p. Beautiful album.

Fuck loads of filler on it though, I've said it so many times but there's been no double album that's justified the fact that it's a double album. Reign in your egos, Smashing Pumpkins, Beatles, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Springsteen, Pink Floyd...

but STADIUM ARCADIUM man!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    Ah ok I get what you're saying. But yeah, I've always thought the Pumpkins were an amazing live band. I'll be seeing them for the 3rd time in a few weeks and I thought the stuff from Viewphoria was kickass.

ya awesome

seen them 5 times, so happy they reformed as im far too young to have seen them in the 90s :)

I mean just watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOLH9YHkzvM
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    but STADIUM ARCADIUM man!
    you're kidding right? ;)

there is only one...use your illusion
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones