Options

RHCP is OVERATED THREAD!!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    RockerRocker Posts: 22
    I love the Chili Peppers...................As for over rated what about Tool, that over rated. Any band that uses a receipe in German for a song is fucked.
    American eyes, American eyes....
    View the world from American eyes
    Bury the past, rob us blind
    And leave nothin behind

Just stare
    Relive the nightmare
  • Options
    punctuation is hard to learn
    but it leads to a better wrote message
    It's hard to grasp, for many its a task
    but in the end helps understanding

Dream of learning punctuation
    Dream of learning punctuation
    commas, full stops abbreviations
    Yes I dream of learning punctuation
    Ok I did not know this was a fucking grammer class. It is a freaking post board. Focus on the thread and don't be douche and try to be a second grade teacher.
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Ok I did not know this was a fucking grammer class. It is a freaking post board. Focus on the thread and don't be douche and try to be a second grade teacher.

Yes what clever replies again, coming from someone who argues a drummer sucks because he looks like Will Ferrell.
    Dude place an inteligent reason as to why Chad sucks and I may cut you some slack, only the problem is you cant because Chad is one tight drummer with a lot of technical ability and hardly ever misses a beat performing live, the day you can play drums as well as Chad will never happen.
    I mean yes I agreed the Chilis are overrated earlier but then it depends doesn't it, what are they overrated in comparision to? Pearl Jam yes definatley overrated in comparision to them, but how about in comparision to Fall Out Boy not really.
    You use the term overrated but give no definition to it's means or with what comparisions you are making such assumptions.
    And yes I was focusing on the thread which is why I parodied the lyrics to Californication as most of your posts are difficult to make sense of.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    if you think they are overrated listen to their album By the Way....and skip the "by the way" single. The rest is amazing. I don't think a bad track follows the so-so opener.
    What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    Im a fucking clown i think you are chad smith sucks completely plus he looks like a fucked up will ferrel how can u even take him serious. I think they are a trend cause all these little posers i know like them b/c of their new which talks about cali again. Plus who wants to listen to some white guy act like he is rapping with shitty lyrics

You think chad smith sucks because he looks like Will ferrel???Are you for real???The only drummer better than Smith is Matt C,because he's a fuckin genius,Chad's not far off.You're clown certificate is in the post,u dope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    Yes what clever replies again, coming from someone who argues a drummer sucks because he looks like Will Ferrell.
    Dude place an inteligent reason as to why Chad sucks and I may cut you some slack, only the problem is you cant because Chad is one tight drummer with a lot of technical ability and hardly ever misses a beat performing live, the day you can play drums as well as Chad will never happen.
    I mean yes I agreed the Chilis are overrated earlier but then it depends doesn't it, what are they overrated in comparision to? Pearl Jam yes definatley overrated in comparision to them, but how about in comparision to Fall Out Boy not really.
    You use the term overrated but give no definition to it's means or with what comparisions you are making such assumptions.
    And yes I was focusing on the thread which is why I parodied the lyrics to Californication as most of your posts are difficult to make sense of.
    Ok I never said I could or would want to play drums as good as Chad Smith. Also I have the right to say that they are overrated in my opinion, b/c i don't think they are as good as everyone else thinks they are. Yes I hate Chad Smith, and I can't take him serious b/c he looks like Will Ferrel. From what I've seen he is a shitty drummer compared to alot of other drummers.
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Ok I never said I could or would want to play drums as good as Chad Smith. Also I have the right to say that they are overrated in my opinion, b/c i don't think they are as good as everyone else thinks they are. Yes I hate Chad Smith, and I can't take him serious b/c he looks like Will Ferrel. From what I've seen he is a shitty drummer compared to alot of other drummers.

Dude just drop it already you sound like a fool. You're obviously very young and that really shows in your insanely retarded posts. You're going on and on about a band you detest yet provide nothing to incite any discussion aside from your Chad Smith/ Will Ferrell connection which is laughable. You seem to be concerned too much with what other people think of RHCP and feel it is just not " cool " to like them. I think not liking them gives you this feeling of uniqueness like you have better musical taste or something then all the people you claim to be following a trend. Have you actually ever listened to Blood Sugar Sex Magik or By The Way all the way through or are you just going by what you'ver heard on the radio or have seen on MTV because you sound like you listen to and watch them both. You aren't dealing with a bunch of dullards here so try being better prepared next time if you decide to try and light a fire.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Dude just drop it already you sound like a fool. You're obviously very young and that really shows in your insanely retarded posts. You're going on and on about a band you detest yet provide nothing to incite any discussion aside from your Chad Smith/ Will Ferrell connection which is laughable. You seem to be concerned too much with what other people think of RHCP and feel it is just not " cool " to like them. I think not liking them gives you this feeling of uniqueness like you have better musical taste or something then all the people you claim to be following a trend. Have you actually ever listened to Blood Sugar Sex Magik or By The Way all the way through or are you just going by what you'ver heard on the radio or have seen on MTV because you sound like you listen to and watch them both. You aren't dealing with a bunch of dullards here so try being better prepared next time if you decide to try and light a fire.
    Im sorry I can't change my age and im sorry that I think they are sellouts b/c I saw them on Cd USA (which is a horrible channel), then their video is premiered on Mtv, and everyday as im flipping through the channels I see that same gay video. Im sorry I don't like to listen to bands that used be good, then are turned into mainstream bands through MTV etc. Such as Green Day, they used to be a great band , then with their new album made them sellouts. The only time I ever watch mtv is when I flip through the channels and I don't care what age I am I have the right to say they are overrated. Ive listened to their albums and to me there is nothing special about them. If I can't say that than what is this board for.
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    dee bodee bo Posts: 4
    the original poster is correct RHCP are way over-rated. Support real music and get the new TOOL and PJ.
  • Options
    RHCP is one of the most over rated bands i've ever seen. Anthony can't sing worth a shit!! They played a live accoustic performance on the radio a couple of years ago, and without autopitch on his vocal, the man is useless, sorry to say it. And um think of something else to sing about other than
    California...PLEASE im begging you
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • Options
    Im sorry I can't change my age and im sorry that I think they are sellouts b/c I saw them on Cd USA (which is a horrible channel), then their video is premiered on Mtv, and everyday as im flipping through the channels I see that same gay video. Im sorry I don't like to listen to bands that used be good, then are turned into mainstream bands through MTV etc. Such as Green Day, they used to be a great band , then with their new album made them sellouts. The only time I ever watch mtv is when I flip through the channels and I don't care what age I am I have the right to say they are overrated. Ive listened to their albums and to me there is nothing special about them. If I can't say that than what is this board for.

Immense success does not equal " sellout "...You cant seem to get that through your thick head. I'm not telling you what to think and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just have it make sense. Now you're saying you've listened to all of their albums. Typically I don't listen to entire albums of bands I don't enjoy
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Immense success does not equal " sellout "...You cant seem to get that through your thick head. I'm not telling you what to think and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Just have it make sense. Now you're saying you've listened to all of their albums. Typically I don't listen to entire albums of bands I don't enjoy
    Ok read the first post on the thread it says i used to be a fan, so i usd to listen to them. Then I realized there was nothing special about them. For me the bands I like can still be popular without selling out and going on tv.
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    mlmanmlman Posts: 13
    Hardly, still one of the best quality bands around. Funny you post that question on a PJ message board. Certainly in my Top Five. Seen 'em before and will see them again this summer. To each his own. Rock to your own tunes.
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    yea they're pretty cool.. i like a bunch of their songs.

flea rocks!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    Ok read the first post on the thread it says i used to be a fan, so i usd to listen to them. Then I realized there was nothing special about them. For me the bands I like can still be popular without selling out and going on tv.
    Oh you mean like PJ?...Not every band takes that direction and just because they don't doesn't make them "sellouts". You don't even know what sellout means. What it means is have RHCP compromised their integrity for monetary gain...absolutely not. They make the music they want to make and it just happens to appeal to a large audience. Maybe its because of the fact they're good.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    What I find strange is that people who think a band is overrated start a thread about it. If you think a band is overrated that don't give it another thought.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    What I find strange is that people who think a band is overrated start a thread about it. If you think a band is overrated that don't give it another thought.
    The thread is wanting to know who else thinks they are overrated.
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options

Yes I got that, I'm not as dumb as I look you know. Hahahaha

I just think it is a waste of time. Why give more attention to a band of which you think the get too much of attention all ready. It just doesn't make sence.
  • Options
    Yes I got that, I'm not as dumb as I look you know. Hahahaha

I just think it is a waste of time. Why give more attention to a band of which you think the get too much of attention all ready. It just doesn't make sence.
    Good Point
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    Good Point

What me not being as dumb as I look?

Oh no hang on the other thing right. Smile
  • Options
    What me not being as dumb as I look?

Oh no hang on the other thing right. Smile
    the other thing
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    the other thing

Thank you. And to react on topic. I think they are OK, not great.
  • Options
    BerkmanBerkman Posts: 2
    I wouldn't call them overrated, but I could never get into them for some reason.