Just heard Cornell/Timbaland

GoingToLukinsGoingToLukins Posts: 232
edited May 2008 in Other Music
There's a new Verizon ad featuring a new Cornell/Timbaland song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_At0QAkMyE

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :eek: :( :( :( :eek:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,137
    timbaland is nice as helll
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Green Di$ea$eGreen Di$ea$e Posts: 158
    wtf
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    :)
    NERDS!
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    what a joke... :(
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • U people are clowns. Expand your musical tastes. This snippet sounds ten times better than anything on Carry On!
  • reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    doesn't really give away too much. Apparenty, its non-rock... we'll see.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Dude's hair sure is growing.

As for the song....we'll get back to that when I can actually hear it.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    wow. . .sounds like shit. that sucks cause i like cornell
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
    i can't support this
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    can anyone make music nowadays without Timbaland. Does he make music on his own or just ride other people's coat tails? I don't know, just asking?
    (not my type of music)
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • I just don't see how this end up like that. :o
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    That was the same guy who sang Slaves & Bulldozers?

Fuck Cornell
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • anyone consider it may be a more R&B-ed version of a song they did?
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Breaking off from Rock was not the right choice for him at all. He should've stayed in Audioslave, he should've kept making music with them, RATM should've stayed broken up, and that's all there is to it. He's nothing but a fucking dollar sign, now. A sell-out. And I never thought the day would come when I'd say it, but now that it's here: FUCK YOU CHRIS CORNELL! I WILL NOT BE GETTING ANOTHER CD FROM YOU AS LONG AS YOU'RE PLAYING THIS SHIT!

I mean, fuck. CARRY ON even was a damn gem in comparison to this..

That is all
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Breaking off from Rock was not the right choice for him at all. He should've stayed in Audioslave, he should've kept making music with them, RATM should've stayed broken up, and that's all there is to it. He's nothing but a fucking dollar sign, now. A sell-out. And I never thought the day would come when I'd say it, but now that it's here: FUCK YOU CHRIS CORNELL! I WILL NOT BE GETTING ANOTHER CD FROM YOU AS LONG AS YOU'RE PLAYING THIS SHIT!

I mean, fuck. CARRY ON even was a damn gem in comparison to this..

That is all
    why should RATM (-zach) be limited to cornells backing band?? from what i heard they took a very backseat role in the entire writing process and if you listen to the audioslave stuff its very obvious cornellian music with a morello solo randomly thrown in there... it was not a good situation at all for the rage boys... the real question is if chris wrote most of that audioslave stuff (as well as an excellent solo debut) then hes capable of making the same solo... so why isnt he??

that being said i cant wait to see what he and timbaland do together... hes a very talented producer and lets not forget that rick rubin who produced audioslave specializes in hip hop too... the clip in that commercial sounds like shit and obviously ive had a big problem with chris' rep as a "sell out"... but like somebody already mentioned, maybe that clip was hip-hop infused strictly to magnify the merge of rock and hip-hop and not something that'll make the final album

lets end the conversation there... we cant have a serious discussion or form an opion base on a 1:00 clip

i like chris' long hair tho :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    wow. just................wow.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    can anyone make music nowadays without Timbaland. Does he make music on his own or just ride other people's coat tails? I don't know, just asking?
    (not my type of music)

He makes his own, but his bread and butter is production. I wouldn't say it's riding coattails. If that was the case, you could say Rick Rubin rode the beastie boys coattails, Brendan O'Brien riding PJ . . .etc .etc. etc.
    NERDS!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    U people are clowns. Expand your musical tastes. This snippet sounds ten times better than anything on Carry On!

Some people have already decided they weren't gonna like it before they heard it. There's nothing you can do with people like that. Cornell's voice suits all types of music not just hard rock. Looking forward to the new album and interested in how it turns out.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    anyone consider it may be a more R&B-ed version of a song they did?

Yeah, or it could be from the upcoming Timbaland record that he's been making on the road, as opposed to Cornell's new record.

I'm pretty sure Cornell said he is keeping his touring band, so I presume the new stuff can be played by a traditional band set-up.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Timbaland is doing an album for mobile phones that has a number of different artsist on it. I think the song on the ad is Cornell's contribution so it might not be on the Chris's new album or in the same ilk so let's not panic just yet...
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Oh, you people need to listen to the ringtone of this song, what a masterpiece! Pay close attention to the lyrics, it's brilliant:

http://rapidshare.de/files/39575975/CC_Part_of_Me_ringtone_2.wav.html
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    OH NOES IT DOESNT SoUND LIKE SOUNDGARDEN I DONT LIKE IT WHEN CORNELL MAKES MUSIC THAT DOESNT SOUND EXACTLY LIKE THE MUSIC HE MADE BEFORE I DISLIKE THINGS THAT DONT SOUND LIKE SOUNDGARDEN I AM SO PISSED OFF THAT THIS RECORD ISNT SUPERUNKNOWN PART 9 ZOMG I AM NEVER LISTENING AGAIN.
    Fuck this, fuck that, fuck Cornell, fuck Timbaland, fuck outer space, fuck marshallows....(can anyone construct a sentence without using the word "fuck" or is that the marker of how hardcore you are?)....

Get over it and yourselves and wait until you can ACTUALLY hear his finished product. Not a YouTube video, not a ringtone, the finished product.

Then if you don't like it, go all ballistic, shed your tears and swear off of Cornell and all things Cornell-related forever. Til then, you all sound like pretentious, living in the past idiots.

FaceSpace
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    dharma69 wrote:
    Fuck this, fuck that, fuck Cornell, fuck Timbaland, fuck outer space, fuck marshallows....(can anyone construct a sentence without using the word "fuck" or is that the marker of how hardcore you are?)....

Get over it and yourselves and wait until you can ACTUALLY hear his finished product. Not a YouTube video, not a ringtone, the finished product.

Then if you don't like it, go all ballistic, shed your tears and swear off of Cornell and all things Cornell-related forever. Til then, you all sound like pretentious, living in the past idiots.

Maybe they just don't like it. What has it got to do with living in the past?

I'm just suprised so many of you didn't see this coming. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Chris Cornell is our generation's Phil Colins. Pretty soon he will do ballads for Disney songs.

And as for the "expand your musical horizon" comment, thats pure bs, I listen to rap that shits all over this crap. Bad music is simply bad music.
  • I sincerely hope this is a joke. I love Chris and I don't mind Carry On but that was absolutely ridiculous.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    LOL...hahahaha..I just listened to that ringtone..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...chris cornell is the new Nelly Furtado...HAHAHHAHAHAAA.

Smooth move Cornell.

I feel really sorry for all the big Cornell fans here. Actually I feel really sorry for Cornell. What a douche.

And if you think your musical horizons are broad because you like this, then you are wrong, your musical horizons are just shit.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    This will be Chris Cornell's "Blondes Have More Fun"
  • halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    I'm disappointed. Sooo much.
    today I listened to Temple of the dog.
    I really love Chris Cornell there, and for me this album is more and more better than Ten of PJ.
    So I hoped, Chris will come back to roots. I was wrong.
    I wish songs He makes with Timbaland will be not as big shit as this on youtube.
    He's got voice, but now he don't use it. Why?
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
    Igottago wrote:
    Maybe they just don't like it. What has it got to do with living in the past?
    Simply not liking is one thing....

Constant whiney comparisons to Temple of the Dog/Audioslave/Soundgarden (aka the past) are living in the past.

FaceSpace