My Morning Jacket Double Live Album!

brainofPjBbrainofPjB Posts: 57
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anyone else creaming their pants in anticipation of this new album from MMJ of their new material from 06. I'm just bummed "It Makes No Difference" didn't make the cut. Comes out Sept. 26.
What?!? No, We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Howd you hear about a new album?

I cant wait for this live album, in my opinion everything pre-Z is far superior live than it is on album
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    LedZepFan wrote:
    Howd you hear about a new album?

I cant wait for this live album, in my opinion everything pre-Z is far superior live than it is on album

Oh i thought it was coming out Oct 31.... I like the new date. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • dvd is out october 31st

and yes i have had this pre-order for a long time.

this band needs more credit.

this will do it.
    dvd is out october 31st

and yes i have had this pre-order for a long time.

this band needs more credit.

this will do it.
    damn i was all excited. Cheapest I've seen the audio cd is 17.99 @ Target next week.

I was all excited it was the DVD looks like i'll have to wait a bitlonger for that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    intodeep wrote:
    damn i was all excited. Cheapest I've seen the audio cd is 17.99 @ Target next week.

I was all excited it was the DVD looks like i'll have to wait a bitlonger for that.

any idea what it is at circuit city and best buy? the black crowes double cd also comes out that day, along with their dvd. so personally, my wallet is glad the dvd is a few weeks behind ;)

some cities are going to screen the dvd in theaters. anyone in chicago gonna go?
  • I can't wait for this DVD. The Album also is on vinyl. I will be buying that for sure. MMJ on Vinyl, live album.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
    any idea what it is at circuit city and best buy? the black crowes double cd also comes out that day, along with their dvd. so personally, my wallet is glad the dvd is a few weeks behind ;)

some cities are going to screen the dvd in theaters. anyone in chicago gonna go?
    Yeah i looked CC and BB both are 19.99 and Atlanta is one of the cities gettign the screening and i'll be there!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    Yeah i looked CC and BB both are 19.99 and Atlanta is one of the cities gettign the screening and i'll be there!

I'd wait until the weekend and check back on those prices. CC and BB both tend to have the price higher in advance, then drop the price for the release date.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • some cities are going to screen the dvd in theaters. anyone in chicago gonna go?
    Where are they screening it in Chicago? Schuba's just had a listening party for the new CD, I think last Friday.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    So this is coming out next week? I heard it was delayed until October 3?
  • album's been leaked for awhile and i have to say its quite awesome.

i really can't wait for the dvd, i've got that ordered
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • what date is the show taken from? or is it a conglomeration of dates? leaked eh...wanna tell a guy where to get before he buys it?
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
    Where are they screening it in Chicago? Schuba's just had a listening party for the new CD, I think last Friday.

damn, i was at the built to spill show that night. i didnt see a location yet. it's just on the mmj webpage as happening.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    absolutely can't wait for this DVD to be realeased! Its going to be an event to watch! Second fav band right now.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • I'll get the cd for sure..DVD I may rent off netflix. Live concert DVDs are usually a snore fest IMO.
  • toddiet123 wrote:
    I'll get the cd for sure..DVD I may rent off netflix. Live concert DVDs are usually a snore fest IMO.

its actually not a live concert dvd only, its a concept DVD, they hired the guy who worked on Pink Floyd the wall, Jim James will come up with something cool.
  • I pre-ordered it as well. I am curious to see the DVD when that comes out. Anyone going to see them on the next tour? They are playing Philly Dec 2nd. I just got Chapter 1: The Sandworm Cometh and Chapter 2: Learning. They have some great covers on those discs. My only wish is that they play "Honest Man" at the philly show. I have yet to see it on a set list lately, great blues song.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • I pre-ordered it as well. I am curious to see the DVD when that comes out. Anyone going to see them on the next tour? They are playing Philly Dec 2nd. I just got Chapter 1: The Sandworm Cometh and Chapter 2: Learning. They have some great covers on those discs. My only wish is that they play "Honest Man" at the philly show. I have yet to see it on a set list lately, great blues song.

Yeah,

Got great seats to see them at the Ryman, i think 7th row.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    it will be great!
    I discovered this band only a few months ago and it's getting better and better!
    the live album will certainly be a "must buy"..
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • alobaralobar Posts: 310
    I am so getting the DVD! But I might hold off on the live cd.....there's just so many other cd's that I want and the DVD will have a bunch of live songs. I'll probably change my mind at the cd store and actually buy it, though.
    "I wanna believe in the mercy of the world again."

WAR + MAGIC BEANS = PEACE
  • its actually not a live concert dvd only, its a concept DVD, they hired the guy who worked on Pink Floyd the wall, Jim James will come up with something cool.
    Wow, I didn't realize that. That's pretty cool...
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • is this album going to be as absolutely drenched with reverb as their studio albums? i.e. is it going to be listenable?

jim james writes good songs and all, but they could use a different producer
    saw things so much clearer
  • I'd wait until the weekend and check back on those prices. CC and BB both tend to have the price higher in advance, then drop the price for the release date.

Update- I was wrong about Best Buy. It wasn't listed at all in the Sunday ad, and it's still $20 on the web. $22 at CC. I was wrong on all counts. Damn.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
    I pre-ordered it as well. I am curious to see the DVD when that comes out. Anyone going to see them on the next tour? They are playing Philly Dec 2nd. I just got Chapter 1: The Sandworm Cometh and Chapter 2: Learning. They have some great covers on those discs. My only wish is that they play "Honest Man" at the philly show. I have yet to see it on a set list lately, great blues song.

im so bummed that they will be in chicago the one weekend im gone... home for thanksgiving. im seriously considering driving to indianapolis on saturday just to see them. ive only seen them at lolla and opening for pj and i would LOVE to see them play a full set.

i have to say though... i was disappointed with those earlybird cd's. im not sure why i bought them. those kinds of cd's always disappoint me... like death cab's "you can play these songs with chords." outtakes and demos just arent my thing i guess. the only time i like compilations is when the songs are all of uniform quality and taken from bsides or stray singles and whatnot... like oasis' masterplan or lost dogs. otherwise, the albums always sound hodgepodge and crappy to me... like a garage band trying to make it. it's why im hesitating on buying the black crowes release this tuesday...
  • CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    Update- I was wrong about Best Buy. It wasn't listed at all in the Sunday ad, and it's still $20 on the web. $22 at CC. I was wrong on all counts. Damn.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7979271&st=My+Morning+Jacket&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1567387

It isn't in the weekly, but it seems like they are still running a sale on it, odd.
  • mmj also just anounced some new shows--
    TWO, count 'em, TWO club dates in dallas!--
    Nobody plays two shows in dallas--
    ahhhh...can't wait--
    see you there--

peace
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • CM1847 wrote:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7979271&st=My+Morning+Jacket&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1567387

It isn't in the weekly, but it seems like they are still running a sale on it, odd.

that is weird. oh well. i got it from the mmj.com so i'm good.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • bold99 wrote:
    its actually not a live concert dvd only, its a concept DVD, they hired the guy who worked on Pink Floyd the wall, Jim James will come up with something cool.

Actually it IS a live concert DVD. Have seen the first half hour or so and they only added a trippy intro. Unless it goes conceptual apeshit in the second half there isn't that much concept going on. Anyway, what I have seen looked absolutely amazing. Can't wait to watch the whole thing!
    cobrah wrote:
    Actually it IS a live concert DVD. Have seen the first half hour or so and they only added a trippy intro. Unless it goes conceptual apeshit in the second half there isn't that much concept going on. Anyway, what I have seen looked absolutely amazing. Can't wait to watch the whole thing!
    Awesome. I love live concert DVD's :) I'll have to head to BB today and pick the cd up
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Anyone heard it? Got any reviews?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04