Radiohead rocks!!

13»

Comments

• Along with Videotape, the most beautiful thing theyve recorded in my opinion.

A lot of their album shaped up like that for me: 'All I Need,' 'Nude,' 'Reckoner'............all beautiful. However, Videotape was a huge disappointment for me, and it detracts from what is otherwise a stellar album. Would have rather had '4 Minute Warning' in its place for the album closer.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    A lot of their album shaped up like that for me: 'All I Need,' 'Nude,' 'Reckoner'............all beautiful. However, Videotape was a huge disappointment for me, and it detracts from what is otherwise a stellar album. Would have rather had '4 Minute Warning' in its place for the album closer.

I'll be honest, Videotape took a while, but it was the live version I saw on Youtube that changed my mind and it's now joint favourite with Reckoner. I can see how it can be one of those love or hate it songs though.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    cory wrote:

4 chords Lukin

True Story.

whachoo talkin bout willis?

lukin has only three chords. One of the easiest PJ songs to play!
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    I was not expecting In Rainbows to be as good as it is. IMO, it is their best album.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    still haven't listened to the new record however Radiohead is one of my biggest fav...now I must do something about it!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    cory wrote:
    Radiohead sounds like shit to me. That's the only side I can argue. That's what music is. It's graded on how it moves YOU. You can listen all day to that whiny, pussy voiced sissy. That's okay. I can't imagine being soft enough to ride around and listen to that shit ad nauseum. Like I said before, they are different. But different does not make you good. People describe you as "groundbreaking" or "innovative"...give me a fucking break. I think people who like them try to sound eclectic. Half the bands Ed likes suck and deep down he even knows it (Sleater-Kinney, Murder City Devils, etc..).

But hey, to each his own. You're entitled to listen to gay music if you like.

Heart,

Cory

AHAHAHA!! You HAVE to be a yank!
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    cory wrote:
    Radiohead = music for the weak

Now that's just silly.
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I bought In Rainbows yesterday. I love it so much. My husband put it on last night for dinner and I said "not now, I have to be able to sit down and really listen to it". I'm a dork like that when I get something new.

Bodysnatchers is so tight. I had it so loud in my car today that my rearview mirror was actually vibrating. I'm not kidding either. I think I'll do the same thing with Jigsaw.

House of Cards is so beautiful.

I could go on and on about how much I love this music.

They really do a nice job with the order of the tracks on the disc. I love when bands seem to put a lot of thought into that.
  • A lot of their album shaped up like that for me: 'All I Need,' 'Nude,' 'Reckoner'............all beautiful. However, Videotape was a huge disappointment for me, and it detracts from what is otherwise a stellar album. Would have rather had '4 Minute Warning' in its place for the album closer.

I must say that the drum loop type sound effect that comes in half way through Videotape is really annoying, for me it ruins what is otherwise a perfectly good song.
  • I'll be honest, Videotape took a while, but it was the live version I saw on Youtube that changed my mind and it's now joint favourite with Reckoner. I can see how it can be one of those love or hate it songs though.

That's the problem. Many of us were blown away by the live version and played it constantly for a year. Then you hear the album version and it's like being kicked in the stomach. All the dynamics are gone and it's been sabotaged. It could have been a brilliant album closer but instead it's an afterthought. I agree that Four Minute Warning would have been a better closer but they fucked that one up too!
  • sponger wrote:
    I was not expecting In Rainbows to be as good as it is. IMO, it is their best album.

I'd agree. I've liked other radiohead songs but this is their most consistent album, imo.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,267
    i can't stop listening to "don't leave me high don't leave me dry " it really is so fucking beutifull ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • cory wrote:
    Radiohead sounds like shit to me. That's the only side I can argue. That's what music is. It's graded on how it moves YOU. You can listen all day to that whiny, pussy voiced sissy. That's okay. I can't imagine being soft enough to ride around and listen to that shit ad nauseum. Like I said before, they are different. But different does not make you good. People describe you as "groundbreaking" or "innovative"...give me a fucking break. I think people who like them try to sound eclectic. Half the bands Ed likes suck and deep down he even knows it (Sleater-Kinney, Murder City Devils, etc..).

But hey, to each his own. You're entitled to listen to gay music if you like.

Heart,

Cory
    i don't agree with you but man it's a darn funny post. i do agree though... thom york can be a whiny sissy. still like his music though.... his solo song "The Eraser" is still one of my favorites.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.
  • cory wrote:
    Radiohead = music for the weak
    yeah but i'll still kick your ass.
  • Soupy wrote:
    The thing that annoys me about alot of Radiohead fans is that they insist they love the 'Kid A' direction but won't then go and listen to more electronic/ambeient groups. It's like to them Radiohead created this sound and it sounds so unique to them because all their other records in their collection are guitar/rock based.

I swear if Radiohead did a classical album some fans would claim Radiohead invented orchestra music ;)

If you like 'Kid A' (Personally I hate it) go and explore other artists who have been making this type of music years before Radiohead decided to bring it to the indie kids.
    who are these other electronic and ambient bands? i'd like to hear some of them. the only thing i like about radiohead are "kid a" and "amnesiac" don't care much for the rest except "ok computer" and "hail to the thief" are pretty good.

the only ambient/electronic band that i know of besides radiohead is.... amon tobin. care to share more?
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.