Radiohead rocks!!

Comments

• Radiohead sounds like King Crimson w/ pewbin' Peter Brady @ lead vocals.

;)

j/k you snots...they're not that bad
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Saturnal wrote:
    Radiohead sounds like King Crimson w/ pewbin' Peter Brady @ lead vocals.

;)

j/k you snots...they're not that bad

king crimson is a fucking great band. just sayin'
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • glasshouse wrote:
    king crimson is a fucking great band. just sayin'
    For sure. Fripp is neat.
  • I'm assuming that you haven't heard their harder stuff. Try 'Electioneering,' 'Paranoid Android,' 'Bodysnatchers,' and the likes.

Don't forget Myxomatosis. How anyone can listen to that song and not be moved, I don't know!
  • Somehow I missed the Radiohead boat. I can't really say I don't like them because all I have to go on really is Creep, which I liked back in the day.
    I don't know, just seems that I've gotten the impression they were a bit weird for my tastes, either fairly so or unfairly so.

I'm always open, though, and so many people seem to like them so much on here, so if I was going to give them a try where should I start?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Somehow I missed the Radiohead boat. I can't really say I don't like them because all I have to go on really is Creep, which I liked back in the day.
    I don't know, just seems that I've gotten the impression they were a bit weird for my tastes, either fairly so or unfairly so.

I'm always open, though, and so many people seem to like them so much on here, so if I was going to give them a try where should I start?

Try OK Computer, The Bends, and their latest In Rainbows. If you like those, Hail to the Thief, Kid A and the rest...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Try OK Computer, The Bends, and their latest In Rainbows. If you like those, Hail to the Thief, Kid A and the rest...

I would be interested in the more melodic and rocking ones as opposed to the ambient stuff apparently contained on 'Kid A'. Is The Bends the one Creep was on?

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • I would be interested in the more melodic and rocking ones as opposed to the ambient stuff apparently contained on 'Kid A'. Is The Bends the one Creep was on?

I'm not the biggest Radiohead expert, but yes I think so... OK Computer is also full of great melodic rock music. The new one is too, but it's a much more chilled out, atmospheric listen save a couple of tracks.. well recommended for long walks by the beach. I've tried it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Creep was on Pablo Honey
  • With so much talk about In Rainbows going around I've very nearly bought it just to hear, but didn't feel the need to make a risk purchase around the holidays...of course, I guess I could have "bought" it for free like so many others apparently did when the name-your-price deal was going on

• JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I would be interested in the more melodic and rocking ones as opposed to the ambient stuff apparently contained on 'Kid A'. Is The Bends the one Creep was on?
    creep is on pablo honey, which is not a great album. you want melodic songs, try "the bends". it's awesome. it contains many songs like creep.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Creep was on Pablo Honey

I had that in the back of my mind as I was writing that.. :rolleyes:

• Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    They get bashed for the same reason PJ does away from here...they've changed and evolved their music...simple as that.

True.

Which still suprises me now more then ever considering how fucking amazing and beautiful In Rainbows is.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • smarchee wrote:
    me too, been a large fan since 1995's The Bends, which is still my favourite record

I understand why people don't care for them, but I hate the bashing they get. Go bash some crap like Nickelback

Yes, my fave at 46 secs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU
    BTW, as a Canadian, I officially appoligize for Nickelback.

Radiohead is an awesome band live, and in Rainbows brought be back to them, after they lost me for a while with some of the more electronica influenced albums.
    BTW, I bought the IN rainbows for 7.99 at BestBuy in Detroit.....ALl CDs should be that price...
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    brain of c wrote:
    word.

i'll second that

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Yes, my fave at 46 secs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU
    BTW, as a Canadian, I officially appoligize for Nickelback.

Radiohead is an awesome band live, and in Rainbows brought be back to them, after they lost me for a while with some of the more electronica influenced albums.
    BTW, I bought the IN rainbows for 7.99 at BestBuy in Detroit.....ALl CDs should be that price...

as a Canadian, I say you cannot officially apologize for Nickelback, we must bring these guys to task and have them officially apologize.

Wow, you bought In Rainbows in Detroit, are you close to the border ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarchee wrote:
    as a Canadian, I say you cannot officially apologize for Nickelback, we must bring these guys to task and have them officially apologize.

Wow, you bought In Rainbows in Detroit, are you close to the border ?

I'm guessing Pearl Street Brewery is from the Toronto area and they're a big fan of Mill Street Brewery beers in the distillery district????? Am I close????

I've been wondering ever since I saw the name.......
    I'm guessing Pearl Street Brewery is from the Toronto area and they're a big fan of Mill Street Brewery beers in the distillery district????? Am I close????

hmmm, that is an interesting theory

I think you may be right :o
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    cory wrote:
    Three chord songs are lame? Interesting. I wonder if Eddie fucking Vedder is aware of that. quote]

As a guitar player, there is only 1 three chords song in PJ's catalog...

Lukin.

Ledbetter and Release come to mind. Probably a lot more too unless the bridges count.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Somehow I missed the Radiohead boat. I can't really say I don't like them because all I have to go on really is Creep, which I liked back in the day.

I'm just like you on this. I just got In Rainbows today because I liked "All I Need". I figured I would give them a chance. Hear something new. It will take a while to grow on me.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    To GREATLY enhance your In Rainbows experience, listen to the 45 LP's with good headphones. It will set you freeeee....
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • I'm guessing Pearl Street Brewery is from the Toronto area and they're a big fan of Mill Street Brewery beers in the distillery district????? Am I close????

No I am from Windsor... ;-) But love seeing pj in TO.

BTW, I got my name from a brewery in Buffalo:
    http://pearlstreetgrill.com/2007/thebrewery/
    No I am from Windsor... ;-) But love seeing pj in TO.

cool, another fellow Windsorite, there are a couple of us around
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Matt83Matt83 Posts: 7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnNn0mt8h4

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere on the forum. :)
  • Matt83 wrote:

LMAO! :-)) He is a creep isn't he?
  • 'House Of Cards' is the best of their new stuff, perfection if it is at all possible. The bonus disc is pretty deep in itself, lot's of greatness all around. Seems like they went all out for the fans yet again, nothing but massive respect here.

and for argument's sake, 2+2=5 is about as moving as a rock song gets these days, wall to wall triumph of music...only a Neanderthal wouldn't get this
    hate was just a legend
    I'm really digging Reckoner right now
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Matt83 wrote:

That was some funny shit! Is that his real laugh, do you think? It looked genuine!
  • No I am from Windsor... ;-) But love seeing pj in TO.

BTW, I got my name from a brewery in Buffalo:
    http://pearlstreetgrill.com/2007/thebrewery/

Damn - I thought for sure I had it right! :) Cool name either way. And now I have a new brewery to visit!
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    smarchee wrote:
    I'm really digging Reckoner right now

Along with Videotape, the most beautiful thing theyve recorded in my opinion.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton