Options

Fall Out Boy

13»

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I am very open minded to music and I have to say every emo band I've heard has no talent (Fall Out Boy, Simple Plan, Bowling for Soup, Good Charlotte, this list goes on an on). Horrible lyrics, boring riffs, and horrible singing (and what's worse is they all sound like the exact same faggy pussy. Why the fuck can't they sing like a normal person? Girls do not think it's hot). No hooks are found in any of these bands' songs to me. They all dress the same and act like they'd be better off dead which is so annoying. They're doing a great job of being original... Yeah...

I apologize in advance to anyone offended by my comments.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    the fact that were even talking about these bands on here makes me sick
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    rival9500 wrote:
    No offense to anyone over the age of 12 that listens to this garbarge. But just when I thought new peopular music couldn't get much worse, I was proven wrong. I unfortunately heard the song "Grand Theft Autumn" from Fall Out Boy today. It just really saddens me to think these guys are selling out venues with this crap. Here are the lyrics below.

Grand Theft Autumn

Where is your boy tonight?
    I hope, he is a gentleman..
    And maybe he won't find out what I know: You were the last good thing about this part of town..When I wake up.. I'm willing to take my chances on
    the hope i forget, that you hate him more than you notice. I wrote this for you (for you, So) D'you need him .. I could be him.

OK, again, lyrics I could have written when I was about 8 years old. I know there was an interview with Ed recently where he mentions something along the lines that there is a lot of crap out there. Fall Out Boy ust be one of those bands. God I hate them. Thank you for listening.
    I don't know whats worse; The fact that the bands "suck" or the fact that you listin to them.

I seriously didn't know who they are because I usually change the station before I can find out.
    You, my friend, obviously have a fettish for bands that "suck".
  • Options
    did anyone see that guy from fall out boy's penis?
    pictures were floating all over the internet awhile back.
    it was like a car wreck and i just had to look!

not a fan of the music.
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Options
    amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    I really like their 3 albums i own :D:D Really! lol
  • Options
    did anyone see that guy from fall out boy's penis?
    pictures were floating all over the internet awhile back.
    it was like a car wreck and i just had to look!

not a fan of the music.

:eek: his penis was like a car wreck?!?!?
  • Options
    :eek: his penis was like a car wreck?!?!?

lol
    nah his penis was just a penis :D
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Options
    I really like their 3 albums i own :D:D Really! lol
    You tell 'em!!!

;)
  • Options
    lol
    nah his penis was just a penis :D

phew..that could put a girl right off :D
    You tell 'em!!!

;)

..hey if you can admit to MC Hammer i sure can say i like Fall Out Boy :p:D
  • Options
    ..hey if you can admit to MC Hammer i sure can say i like Fall Out Boy :p:D
    .. I was 12. :p

but don't tell anyone I own three Linkin Park albums. Thats between you and me, ok. :D
  • Options
    jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    Ok...yes, you will have to listen to part of that stupid song, but this is a hysterical lyrics interpretation of this crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO7y53cM6os

Enjoy....
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • Options
    .. I was 12. :p

but don't tell anyone I own three Linkin Park albums. Thats between you and me, ok. :D

WoW seriously thats even worse than say..Michael Jackson shamone :D
    jocelyn wrote:
    Ok...yes, you will have to listen to part of that stupid song, but this is a hysterical lyrics interpretation of this crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO7y53cM6os

Enjoy....

HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD! that was freakin hysterical! "drop a whore" :D i really like that song too, i will never be able to sing the proper words again lol
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 544
    Ok, I just wrote a song for any emo band. Here are some of the lyrics:

I'm sooooo saaaaaaaaad.
    My girlfriend's mad at meeeeee.
    I don't know what I did but I'm sooooorryyyyyyyyy.
    I'm sooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaadd.
    Please don't be maaaaaaaadd.
    I'm a huge pussy now.
    I'm scared that you'll kiss another boy.
    I can be that boy.
    I'm soooooooo saaaaaaaaaaaaad.

*Equally as good (or bad) as any emo song I've heard.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,803
    rival9500 wrote:
    Ok, I just wrote a song for any emo band. Here are some of the lyrics:

I'm sooooo saaaaaaaaad.
    My girlfriend's mad at meeeeee.
    I don't know what I did but I'm sooooorryyyyyyyyy.
    I'm sooooooooooo saaaaaaaaaadd.
    Please don't be maaaaaaaadd.
    I'm a huge pussy now.
    I'm scared that you'll kiss another boy.
    I can be that boy.
    I'm soooooooo saaaaaaaaaaaaad.

*Equally as good (or bad) as any emo song I've heard.

AGREED! Tell it like it is!
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    Pjammin10 wrote:
    Just to add on to that - If you're trying to be an ultra cool music hipster you should probably study up on what the *real* ultra hipsters (producers, sound engineers, sound techs, etc) listen to. They listen to ALL music. I've worked with people in all of those professions and if I've learned one thing it's the fact that having a closed mind toward any of that music will get you NO WHERE. For someone in music, it is crucial to keep an open mind to all and any music even if your friends or some lame people on a message board thinks it leads to "pussification."

Personally, I'll listen to just about any kind of music, as long as it has one of two of the most essential elements - phenomenal musicianship (Tool, Dream Theater, Pearl Jam), or extremely well written hooks (Kelly Clarkson, Matchbox 20, Switchfoot).

As far as Fall Out Boy and Panic! At the Disco go, they are not great bands, but they do have a few great (hooky) songs:

Fall Out Boy: "Sugar, We're Going Down Swinging" & "Dance, Dance"
    Panic! At the Disco: "Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off", "The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is the press coverage", and "I write sins not tragedies".

I urge you all to open your minds.

No one is trying to be ultra cool hipsters when it comes to music. It's simply a matter of what appeals to our ears and what doesn't. Who cares what the big music industry buffs listen to? Obviously something is catching their attention and they like it. Not everyone likes the same music and not everyone has to like all music. For some people, like myself, I know what I like and I don't need crabby people coming into a music topic telling me I should like all music. Personally I can't understand all the attraction to the so-called 'indie' music scene because no part of it appeals to me. I'm not going to force myself or be a tool just because people tell me I should like it.

And for some of us those vocal hooks aren't enough. They might seem catchy but it's not hidden that a lot of music fans look deep into their music. They want the talent, the artistic integrity, the unorthodox time signatures, etc. to make music satisfying and enjoying. Pop music is all about what's on the surface and for many music fans that's far from enough.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    ...yeah I have a searing hatred for any and all Fall Out Boy and anything similar to that kind of music
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Options
    i like fall out boy

shoot me
  • Options
    OmaramaOmarama Posts: 267
    no shit, they have also jumped on the "make our song titles stupidly long for novelty value" band wagon that my chemical romance started.
    Monty Got a Raw Deal

" makes much more sense to live in the present tense "
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    What is a Fall Out Boy?

Is it something like a Holla Back Girl?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    rhinomagic wrote:
    What is a Fall Out Boy?

Fall Out Boy is Radioactive Man's sidekick
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    rhinomagic wrote:
    What is a Fall Out Boy?

Fall Out Boy is the epitome of emo and suck so bad. I recommend never hearing their awful material (mainly because the singer is original and sounds like a crying vagina... Oh wait every emo band sounds like that...)
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    ha ha...I mentioned Fall out Boy to a big PJ fan yesterday...and they had no clue of who they were...tee hee:)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.