2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
Post edited by rival9500 on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    you can say that again
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    i think this is just the general progress for a lot of pop fans. They got lured in when they were young with the Backstreet Boys/NSYNC, then they grew up, hit high school and everything was changing. What makes more sense than to throw these fake punk bands at them who make the same type of music the pop bands were putting out, just with a little extra distortian, and some dark clothes and eyeliner

fall out boy does suck the big one though
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    but remember without shit bands like this we wouldnt have an underground scene...
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 544
    it's just a shame that there are really good bands out there making great music that aren't going to get noticed because of shit heads like fall out boy. I call it the "pussification" of youth.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    First of all, let me say that I hope my daughter doesn't see this thread because I'm trying really, really hard to be a musically tolerant mom (even though she's rebelling by rejecting PJ due to the "overexposure" she's received to them since she was born.)

Fall Out Boy (and their carbon copy Panic! At The Disco) are horrible bands.

I'm just praying that she goes back to exclusively listening to Green Day and The Clash.

Those were the good old days.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    blackngoldblackngold Posts: 264
    just listening to the radio and i agree completely with the pure crap that is Fall Out Boy. but i would also like to add the All-American Rejects to the list of crappy music. damn that last song couldnt end soon enough.
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    Fuck I Hate Them!!!!!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    blackngold wrote:
    just listening to the radio and i agree completely with the pure crap that is Fall Out Boy. but i would also like to add the All-American Rejects to the list of crappy music. damn that last song couldnt end soon enough.

All-American Rejects are worse than Fallout Boy for the simple reason that they take themselves seriously. Fallout Boy may be crap, but they seem to have a grasp on that.

The only thing more pathetic than a kiddie punk band is a kiddie punk band that thinks people take them seriously.
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I think they are pretty good! :p:D
  • Options
    Hate All American Rejects even more than Fall Out Boy, and I don't use the word hate to often
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    "lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers
    he decides to dream... dream up a new self, for himself"

Mansfield, MA (August 07, 1992)
    Mansfield, MA (August 08, 1992)
    Boston, MA (April 12, 1994)
    Washington, D.C. (January 15, 1995)
    Mansfield, MA (September 15, 1998)
    Mansfield, MA (September 16, 1998)
    Bristow, VA (July 01, 2003)
    Hershey, PA (July 12, 2003)
    Reading, PA (October 01, 2004)
    Washington, D.C. (October 11, 2004)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, NJ (June 03, 2006)
    Washington, D.C. (June 22, 2008)
    Bristow, VA (May 13, 2010)
    Baltimore, MD (October 27, 2013)
    Fenway Park, Boston, MA (August 07, 2016)
  • Options
    iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    I'd rather have Fall Out Boy be popular than have stuff like the Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party rammed down my throat as has been the case here in the UK at least.

At least I haven't heard Black Eyed Peas - My Humps in a few weeks... all is good :)
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    rival9500 wrote:
    it's just a shame that there are really good bands out there making great music that aren't going to get noticed because of shit heads like fall out boy. I call it the "pussification" of youth.

LOL Pussification

saturday night chevy amphitheater
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    I truly dislike this band..how they ever managed to get the recognition and popularity..*sigh* will one ever know? But one thing I found revolting was that they were on some mtv2 show yesterday and their guitarist was wearing a Pantera shirt. You know, the least that could be done is show a little respect towards Pantera and yet wonder as to why if they like them, why is the influence nonexistant through the music..hmm...
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    to all the people who are complaining about these bands, i don't mean to sound like an ass or anything, but here's a solution. Stop listening to the radio! I haven't listened to the radio in a very long time and never heard one song by fall out boy, panic at the disco, or any other bunch of no-talent ass clowns. I wouldn't be able to tell you a name of any of their songs or say i've heard it simply because i have completely ruled the radio out of my life. And I don't blame people for complaining because I agree that most music today is shit. Just don't listen and it won't bother you

:)
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    murph83 wrote:
    to all the people who are complaining about these bands, i don't mean to sound like an ass or anything, but here's a solution. Stop listening to the radio! I haven't listened to the radio in a very long time and never heard one song by fall out boy, panic at the disco, or any bunch of no-talent ass clowns. I wouldn't be able to tell you a name of any of their songs or say i've heard it simply because i have completely ruled the radio out of my life. And I don't blame people for complaining because I agree that most music today is shit. Just don't listen and it won't bother you

:)

Good advice, I also never heard of them.
  • Options
    Klumpie wrote:
    Good advice, I also never heard of them.

Haha I must admit I don't really listen to the radio. Good solution!
  • Options
    they suck ass
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    limp bizkit will always merit worst band ever title in my book.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    JaneNY wrote:
    limp bizkit will always merit worst band ever title in my book.

They had some good songs. Three Dollar Bill was alright.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I would like to add more shitty bands to the list (sorry if I repeat any):

FALL OUT BOY
    Bowling for Soup
    My Chemical Romance
    The Killers
    Good Charlotte
    Sum 41
    Hawthorne Heights
    New Found Glory
    Simple Plan
    Coheed and Cambria
    Yellowcard
    Blink-182 is borderline

I may add more later if I can think of others.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    miller8966 wrote:
    but remember without shit bands like this we wouldnt have an underground scene...
    true. we can all sleep soundly knowing that we'll always have butthole surfers, minor threat, fugazi etc
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Banana-RamaBanana-Rama Posts: 108
    danny72688 wrote:
    I would like to add more shitty bands to the list (sorry if I repeat any):

FALL OUT BOY
    Bowling for Soup
    My Chemical Romance
    The Killers
    Good Charlotte
    Sum 41
    Hawthorne Heights
    New Found Glory
    Simple Plan
    Coheed and Cambria
    Yellowcard
    Blink-182 is borderline

I may add more later if I can think of others.

Every band on there is pretty shitty IMHO. I like one of the Killer's songs though and Blink 182 never really take themselves serious enough to be on that list (even though I dislike most of their stuff). Simple Plan is by far the worst of all those. I would take any band before them. They sound like a whiney pop-punk version of U2 wannabes.
    "If you should die before me, ask if you could bring a friend" - STP

"Frugality without creativity is deprivation." - Amy Dacyczyn

Proud Supporter of the CAROLINA HURRICANES. GO CANES GO!!!
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    true. we can all sleep soundly knowing that we'll always have butthole surfers, minor threat, fugazi etc

They are hardly part of today's underground scene, though
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    Yeah, don't listen to the radio and you don't have to hear the crap. I do know someone at my college that likes this crap though. What I've found is that those who like this music tend to look for something that's bland and simple. I ask him why he likes this stuff and he can't give a reason. He doesn't look into music or see it as an art it seems. It's more just background music to his life, or so he thinks. That's why they can put out the same album every other year. It only has to be catchy and those people will suck it up. They don't care if there's any sense of art, creativity, growth, or intelligence.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    There are far worse bands...

I really can't blame a bunch of young guys fucking around and making shitloads of money. Like someone else said, they don't seem to take themselves seriously..
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 544
    Yeah, they sound like...well....they'd taste like a popsicle that's been stuck up someone's ass.

p.s....i came up with that quote, no one said that before.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Do you know what's worse than Fall Out Boy? All of you fake fucking followers who think it's so hip to be a music snob. I'm actually old enough to remember these same comments about Nirvana, Soundgarden, and mostly Pearl Jam. You guys are not some ultra cool hipsters who know what's "best" out there. Get a fucking life, if you don't like something, why must you persist in talking about it so much.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    goto_l wrote:
    Do you know what's worse than Fall Out Boy? All of you fake fucking followers who think it's so hip to be a music snob. I'm actually old enough to remember these same comments about Nirvana, Soundgarden, and mostly Pearl Jam. You guys are not some ultra cool hipsters who know what's "best" out there. Get a fucking life, if you don't like something, why must you persist in talking about it so much.

yup, yup thats a good point too. No need to be mean though.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the "..cork tree" record is awesome.

and i know how uncool that makes me but i love that disc.
  • Options
    NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    goto_l wrote:

Also a good point...