Why isn't Cornell selling out?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited June 2007 in Other Music
I'm looking to get my NYC tickets at 11 this morning (EST) but I was checking other big cities, and he's not selling out anywhere....in fact, you can get great seats for most of his shows even though they are on sale already.
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Typical board reply...
    Dude, Cornell already sold out when he did that modelling shit...

:p
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    I'm looking to get my NYC tickets at 11 this morning (EST) but I was checking other big cities, and he's not selling out anywhere....in fact, you can get great seats for most of his shows even though they are on sale already.

**NEWSFLASH** he's not that good...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Why isn't Cornell selling out?

because he aint released anything worthy of a listen for 10 years???????
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
    also because not everyone thinks he's the second coming of Christ. Its just a few ppl on this forum that put him up on the pedestal and make him a rock god...
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Probably because his new album licks ass.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Wow, out of no where everyone is bashing him. What the hell? You really think I am going to his show to see his new songs? I saw him at Irving Plaza just a few months ago, and he only played 3 new songs, everything else was Soundgarden, TOTD, and some solo songs. And he sounded fantastic!!

So much for saying why he doesn't sell out. Tickets for both NYC shows are almost sold out
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    oppie1 wrote:
    **NEWSFLASH** he's not that good...

You like 30 Seconds to Mars.... ;)
    stpmattb wrote:
    You like 30 Seconds to Mars.... ;)
    they're not bad. used to really like them... now they're not heavy enough for me
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    hail haill i got mine

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • It's weird...10 minutes ago all I could get was upper balc...and now I got tickets down in orchestra which were better than my old seats so I got them.

So if anyone wants a pair to see Cornell for the first beacon show down in Orchestra...let me know
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    I'm a going!!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    thank you for this thread! i had no idea he was coming to detroit 'til i just checked...woohoo

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's weird...10 minutes ago all I could get was upper balc...and now I got tickets down in orchestra which were better than my old seats so I got them.
    Just a transaction that didn't go through so the tickets were thrown back into the pot.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    I come from the camp who digs the new cornell album. Then again I don't fall all over myself for fuckin sleater kinney.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I got tickets to see him in Toronto, and i cant wait.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    he blew too many people's minds
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    evenflow82 wrote:
    I come from the camp who digs the new cornell album. Then again I don't fall all over myself for fuckin sleater kinney.

NICE!! :D

And the fact that there is basically ZERO advertisement for his shows.
    I BrisK I wrote:
    he blew too many people's minds
    yup.. i cant believe he actually put that piece of crap album out, after all the great work he did in Soundgarden.. i was mind blown
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• $50/ticket is too much. maybe if it was $20
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i'm hopefully going to get ticks to the boston show .. if not new jersey or nyc. i live in ct =/ but first of all i hate all this cornell bashing.. if you don't like him don't make any comment. i see lots of threads of bands i think suck...do i go on there trashing them? no! show some respect..and chris should be up on the pedestal as a "rock god". same goes for you haters of the new album. i think it's fucking fantastic. can't tell you how many times i listened through it already.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    It probably has to do with he can't sing anymore unless in a studio.
  • hrd2imgn wrote:

Have you heard him singing live recently? He sounds light years better than he has for years in the studio.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • hrd2imgn wrote:

Maybe you should go see him before you make a statement like that. His voice is clearly back...he sounds 10 years younger, and his voice is spot on for majority of the songs.

I saw him at Irving and I wasn't expecting anything too great...until I heard how his voice was...BLOWN AWAY

And 50$ is too much for a ticket? I saw Robert Plant at the Beacon and it was 75$ a ticket, plus its NYC, and you are not paying 20$ at the Beacon. 50$ isn't much at all, it's just as much as a PJ ticket. Most of his shows are in the 30-45$ range too.
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Your'e fuckin stoned!! He's NEVER sounded better. Saw him 3 times last week. That fuckers voice is INSANE!!!!!!
  • His voice may still have some quality to it, but his songwriting skills are certainly slipping away. I was quite frankly apalled by Carry On. His rendition of Billie Jean makes me want to tear my ears off, and this is coming from someone who LOVES TOTD and Soundgarden, owns every album, LOVES Euphoria Morning, even enjoys to an extent the Audioslave albums. Cornells vocals on Carry On are fine, its the songs themselves. I feel that you could pretty much take any male crooner (Bryan Adams comes to mind), and have them sing these songs without missing a beat. Has it really come down to hearing Cornell being played on 'lite fm' radio stations? Is he yet another middle-aged rockstar who middle-aged women swoon over? Where's the edge? I think Rolling Stone was DEAD ON in their review. He is just another neutered male crooner now, and that is just awfully depressing.
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • there is no way bryan adams, jon bon jovi, micheal bolton or any of those losers cold sing songs slike 'killing birds, safe and sound, disappearing act and silence the voices with as much conviction and dexterity as cornell. why dont u actually listen to the album with an open mind before you jump on the cornell bashing bandwagon?
  • there is no way bryan adams, jon bon jovi, micheal bolton or any of those losers cold sing songs slike 'killing birds, safe and sound, disappearing act and silence the voices with as much conviction and dexterity as cornell. why dont u actually listen to the album with an open mind before you jump on the cornell bashing bandwagon?

I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I honestly feel like Cornell is a wash-up. Carry On IS a generic, bland, mainstream cock-fest. It saddens me, because I was excited about it, and I listened to it with an open mind, but a turd is a turd, no matter how you choose to smell it, and Carry On is a big, fat, corn-filled smelly turd, of gigantic proportions.
    "A toast....to Canadian born Neil Young!!!" - Eddie Vedder

CANADIAN AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!
  • I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I honestly feel like Cornell is a wash-up. Carry On IS a generic, bland, mainstream cock-fest. It saddens me, because I was excited about it, and I listened to it with an open mind, but a turd is a turd, no matter how you choose to smell it, and Carry On is a big, fat, corn-filled smelly turd, of gigantic proportions.

ETHER!
  • I think what people need to realize is that we are not going there to hear Carry On...even though I support him for his new album, i dislike it. We are going to hear SG, TOTD, even Audioslave....

I saw him at Irving and it was deff in the top 5 of non-pj shows that I have been to. He played Say Hello 2 Heaven, Seasons, Can't Change Me, Call Me A Dog, Jesus Chris Pose, Rusty Cage, Spoonman, Outshined, Hunger Strike, Jesus Christ Pose, etc etc...I can't remember it all...But 55$ ticket is worth just to hear those songs with the way his voice is now. His voice now is WICKED...He hits every note and doesn't hold back.

I wish he played Slaves and Bulldozers at Irving...hopefully I'll get that at the Beacon
  • I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I honestly feel like Cornell is a wash-up. Carry On IS a generic, bland, mainstream cock-fest. It saddens me, because I was excited about it, and I listened to it with an open mind, but a turd is a turd, no matter how you choose to smell it, and Carry On is a big, fat, corn-filled smelly turd, of gigantic proportions.

in your opinion...

and you are entitled to feel that way. i just think its fashionable to have a dig at cornell at the moment because hes going his own way and not being burdened by past work. People seem to think he will make totd2 or em part II but its not going to happen.

The live shows are great, proves his vocal skills alone give him legendary status. if you see him live and still think he's washed up...get your ears tested.

carry on isnt about keeping the old fans happy, it about moving on, reaching a larger audience. some people get it, others dont. whatever.