Led Zeppelin reunion show

Comments

• Thanks for that. I really really really really really really hope this gets a DVD release (and a CD/DVD package would be even better).
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Good Times Bad Times audio: http://www.sendspace.com/file/se7z22
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I have never wanted to be at a concert more in my life than this one!!!

THey HAVE to tour!!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Zoso wrote:
    Fuck You!!!

Fuck ME!!!!

I got no words for that.....except....INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    aNiMaL wrote:

Holy sweet fuck! Thanks! :D
  • SOMEONE PLEASE EMAIL THAT TO ME!!!! DAMN YOU FIREWALL!!!!
    allforcarrie@yahoo.com
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    walrus wrote:

large font that only Zeppelin deserve :D they will tour after this because they put a lot of energy in it for JUST one show.

• I have no words - I cannot begin to tell people how unbelievable this show was!!

I scored the extra ticket of one of my PJ buddies who won a pair in the ballot (Ian you are THE man!!).

My personal highlights were Trampled Under Foot, Kashmir, Misty Mountain Hop and Whole Lotta Love.

I wasn't able to camp out for the barrier but I did manage to get to the second row. I took some pics in the brief moments that I wasn't completely rockin out - here they are:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24451&l=99b5a&id=535786666

We looked around briefly mid show and found Liam Gallagher behind us - we were very tempted to say "Watch & Learn mate" but we had better things to do!!
  • aNiMaL wrote:

led zeppelin > pearl jam

i wish this band had a lead singer that took care of himself like bob plant
    shame
    led zeppelin > pearl jam

shame

percy looks like he is atleast 60 but sounds better than he did in the early 00's I think.

• I have no words - I cannot begin to tell people how unbelievable this show was!!

I scored the extra ticket of one of my PJ buddies who won a pair in the ballot (Ian you are THE man!!).

My personal highlights were Trampled Under Foot, Kashmir, Misty Mountain Hop and Whole Lotta Love.

I wasn't able to camp out for the barrier but I did manage to get to the second row. I took some pics in the brief moments that I wasn't completely rockin out - here they are:

We looked around briefly mid show and found Liam Gallagher behind us - we were very tempted to say "Watch & Learn mate" but we had better things to do!!

Great pictures :) I saw some of the ones that Ross Halfin took - imagine the pressure of officially capturing this? I bet he's thankful he gave Jimmy Page's daughter a job many years ago!
    I hope they save 'Tangerine' for the big tour!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • oops - double post!
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • The best rock band EVER
    10/22/90, 8/23/91, 1/3/92, 12/8/93, 12/9/93, 2/5/95, 2/6/95, 9/14/95, 9/14/96, 9/15/96, 9/16/96, 7/21/98, 7/22/98, 11/5/00, 11/6/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 5/30/03, 10/22/03, 9/1/2005, 9/2/2005, 7/6/2006, 7/22/2006
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I have no words - I cannot begin to tell people how unbelievable this show was!!

ooOOoo Fleur... lucky devil. Great pics!:D
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    AAAHHH! All this information... pictures... video... news articles... I LOVE it... ZEP RULES! Thanks for sharing those facebook pictures!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Sorry if this has already been posted (didn't read the whole thread).

Here's a nice review that includes a fan-shot video of Stairway.

http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/music/article.html?in_article_id=79262&in_page_id=25
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

I have never hated someone so much then right now. :)

Congrats, you seem like a person that would have enjoyed the show tremendously. Thanks for the pictures.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009

OH
    MY
    GOSH

You are a lucky duck...look at how close you were!
  • I've spoken to a few people who were there. Very mixed reviews, from them. Well, you'd expect that, with so many people there!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    led zeppelin > pearl jam

shame
    Amen.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • The clips I've seen have been amazing. I don't know how anyone could have been there and not been blown away. I'm blown away and I've only been able to see footage from the upper levels of the arena on YouTube. If they were to announce a tour of the US, I'd probably cut out all non-essentials if I had to just to afford tickets.
    I've spoken to a few people who were there. Very mixed reviews, from them. Well, you'd expect that, with so many people there!
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Can someone explain what happens at 2:06 in the Stairway video... it looks really odd...watch plant.
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • The camera on Plant went slow-motion. If you watch closely, you can see the frames skip from his head down to upright. Dont worry. He wasn't lip-synching.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    The camera on Plant went slow-motion. If you watch closely, you can see the frames skip from his head down to upright. Dont worry. He wasn't lip-synching.

I didn't think he was synching... I was just confused.... thanks for the explanation..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • The clips I've seen have been amazing. I don't know how anyone could have been there and not been blown away. I'm blown away and I've only been able to see footage from the upper levels of the arena on YouTube. If they were to announce a tour of the US, I'd probably cut out all non-essentials if I had to just to afford tickets.

One thing people have tended to do is criticise Jason Bonham, but really, I don't think that's fair. Still, you know that phrase about opinions and arseholes. The footage looks great to me, too.
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    I was there, and Jason was fine. He's not his dad, but he put in so much effort and really did his very best, which was more than enough to make the gig fantastic. Any criticism of Jason is a little unfair!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • edved82 wrote:
    I was there, and Jason was fine. He's not his dad, but he put in so much effort and really did his very best, which was more than enough to make the gig fantastic. Any criticism of Jason is a little unfair!

My sentiments. My brother was there, and he said the gig was better than Knebworth. He was at that one, too!
  • Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    My sentiments. My brother was there, and he said the gig was better than Knebworth. He was at that one, too!

I spoke to a few people who were at Knebworth and they all said that last night surpassed it. Jimmy was really on form, Jonesy was really excellent, and Plant's voice was fine - his voice doesnt really suit the songs anymore, but he pulled it off pretty well. A night that I will certainly never forget!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."