Rolling Stones Fall 2006 Tour

13»

Comments

• voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    MCG wrote:
    The only thing that sucks about the Stones in Regina is the opening band, Three Days Grace. Why God Why? The Stones usually have wicked opening band (Pearl Jam, Metallica, Kanye West etc.). I'm hoping they'll book a better act for the other night.

Alice Cooper is opening the Halifax show.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
    Kricket wrote:
    I hope they add a Detroit or Toronto date!

edit - Are they adding more dates still?

There are still dates that are subject to being added, but it depends on how other sell. It looks like the Churchill Downs show will not happen sadly. The venues in Detroit are either too small for the stones rigging, or are not willing to work with Michael Cohl (Comerica Park took a bath last year due to slower than anticipated ticket sales and the enormous guarantee that Cohl had the promoters sign).

There is a tentative date for Windsor, Canada though, we will have to wait and see.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
    MCG wrote:
    The only thing that sucks about the Stones in Regina is the opening band, Three Days Grace. Why God Why? The Stones usually have wicked opening band (Pearl Jam, Metallica, Kanye West etc.). I'm hoping they'll book a better act for the other night.

also, Dave Matthews Band opening some shows (ugh!)
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    voodoopug wrote:
    Alice Cooper is opening the Halifax show.

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=569

I know, Halifax gets AC and Kanye. Three Days Grace is looking crapier every minute.

Please please please. No DMB in Regina!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    2 straight nights of three days grace in Regina. Brutal. I hope they don't play long sets.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?