Rolling Stones Fall 2006 Tour

Comments

• funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I wouldn't bother buying a membership if you're going to be buying general admission tickets. Just buy them through Ticketmaster as soon as they go on sale. Keep in mind too that people are going to buy tickets and then change their mind and end up selling theirs. As you get closer to the show date, people will try and unload for less than face value too. In Moncton, people were scrambling to get rid of tickets at the last minute and were selling for less than half of the face value and in some cases even less.

I read somewhere that people in Regina are already lining to buy tickets. Haven't they ever heard of the internet? It was the same thing when they Stones played here in Moncton. People lined up overnight for general admission tickets. I woke up the morning they went onsale and had purchased my tickets within couple of minutes after the onsale time.
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    Hell Yeah. The Stones rock!

I can only hope Eddie and the boys can last as long!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    Beacon Theater in NYC, any word on tickets to that show?

I'm not a huge fan of the Stones, but even I'd have to go see that. Such a tiny venue!!! I can't believe thats true.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    So far there are only about 5 dates posted on ticketmaster.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    where the hell is the Louisville date!!!????
    "It's all happening"
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    where the hell is the Louisville date!!!????

i dunno, but i want to go to this show....
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    I'm gonna check the RS site now, but I have a feeling a lot of those dates are not happening.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    http://www.pollstar.com has confirmed most of them....but i'm still waiting on louisville
    "It's all happening"
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=ROLSTO&Key=Y

Wed 09/20/06 Foxboro, MA Gillette Stadium

Sat 09/23/06 Halifax, NS Halifax Commons

Wed 09/27/06 East Rutherford, NJ Giants Stadium

Mon 10/02/06 Wichita, KS Cessna Stadium

Fri 10/06/06 Missoula, MT Grizzly Stadium

Sun 10/08/06 Regina, SK Taylor Field

Wed 10/11/06 Chicago, IL Soldier Field Stadium

Tue 10/17/06 Seattle, WA Qwest Field & Event Center

Fri 10/20/06 El Paso, TX Sun Bowl Stadium

Sun 10/22/06 Austin, TX Zilker Park

Fri 10/27/06 Atlantic City, NJ Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall

Fri 11/03/06 Vancouver, BC B.C. Place Stadium

Sun 11/05/06 Oakland, CA McAfee Coliseum

Wed 11/08/06 Glendale, AZ Cardinals Stadium

Sat 11/11/06 Las Vegas, NV MGM Grand Garden Arena

Tue 11/14/06 Nampa, ID Idaho Center

Sat 11/18/06 Los Angeles, CA Dodger Stadium
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    Beacon Theater in NYC, any word on tickets to that show?
    Longtime 10 club members who live in Manhattan will receive a secret email with instructions...:D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • I still can't believe they're playing Wichita. First off, I live just a mile away from Cessna Stadium. Secondly, that Stadium is on the campus of my college, Wichita State University. If I get a GTA position, I could concievably open up the window and just watch and listen to the show from my office. Either way, I'm going to have the option of hearing this thing for free. However, I want to support a big act like this in the hopes of encouraging more to hit up this little shithole of conservatism/glocalization called Wichita...not that I can really afford the Stones' ticket price. It's been nearly 13 years since Pearl Jam hit up my town and I never thought we'd see them again, but if this Stones gig is a success then maybe I can at least hope.

Either way, even though I'm not really a huge Stones fan after this announcement I think I understand what some of the Canadians were going through during Pearl Jam's NA '05 tour.
    Does anybody know how the passcode situation works? Is it 1 passcode for every member of the fan-club...or a different password for every member? Also, is there different passcodes for different shows. I want to buy presale tickets for regina...but am not a member of the fanclub...which is $125.

Sorry, guess I was wrong when I first responded to your post. Initially it appeared that Ticketmaster didn't have a venue map for the Regina show and I could have sworn that there was only one ticket price. Usually that means a GA type show. When I looked recently, I noticed a venue map was now posted and there were different ticket prices.
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Will people please stop bashing the Stones. Who cares if you don't like the, their the band that defines rock and roll. Who cares if they're sixty-five. You won't have a fourth of their energy when you're that age, and they put on a better show then 99% of the people out there. I would pay more money that I would for nearly any other band to see them play at their worst. Want to know why? Because they are the Rolling fuckin' Stones, unquestionably one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They're fuckin' legends.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    drew0 wrote:
    Will people please stop bashing the Stones. Who cares if you don't like the, their the band that defines rock and roll. Who cares if they're sixty-five. You won't have a fourth of their energy when you're that age, and they put on a better show then 99% of the people out there. I would pay more money that I would for nearly any other band to see them play at their worst. Want to know why? Because they are the Rolling fuckin' Stones, unquestionably one of the greatest rock bands of all time. They're fuckin' legends.

*raises beer*

well said,
    cheers
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    Ditto.
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    ALICE COOPER will open the show in Halifax.

For those of you who enjoy the Stones music, but have not seen them live....I encourage you to give them a chance. Put aside all of the "they are old" jokes and just watch the way Mick Jagger work a stage like no one else. While Keith and Ronnie Wood may not have all the Licks they did in the late 70's early 80's...they got most of them while Charlie Watts remains the best Jazz drummer to ever play in a rock band....the guy gets better with age..(See pic inside Ten Club magazine with Matt and Charlie).

It sums up this way:

Keith Richards has recovered from brain surgery, Ronnie Wood is out of rehab, Charlie Watts' cancer is in remission, and Mick just turned 63 this week....time to take the show back to the US. these are the songs that have been performed on the current tour since August of 2005:

Rough Justice
    Live with Me
    19th Nervous Breakdown
    She's So Cold
    Dead Flowers
    Back of My Hand
    Ain't Too Proud to Beg
    Infamy (Keith)
    Oh No Not You Again
    Get Up Stand Up (Bob Marley cover)
    Mr. Pitifull (Otis Redding cover)
    Tumbling Dice
    Brown Sugar
    Jumping Jack Flash
    Start Me Up
    You Got Me Rockin
    Shattered
    Beast of Burden
    Heartbreaker
    Night Time (Ray Charles cover)
    The Worst (Keith)
    Miss You
    Satisfaction
    Honky Tonk Woman
    Out of Control
    Sympathy for the Devil
    You Can't Always Get What You Want
    It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
    Bitch
    Ruby Tuesday
    All Down The Line
    Midnight Rambler
    Paint It, Black
    Rocks Off
    Waiting On A Friend
    Sway
    Wild Horses
    Get Off Of My Cloud
    Sweet Virginia
    Angie
    Rain Fall Down
    Slipping Away (Keith)
    It Won't Take Long
    As Tears Go By
    This Place Is Empty
    Happy
    Let's Spend The Night Together
    Respectable
    Memory Motel
    Gimme Shelter
    Love Is Strong
    Worried About You
    Far Away Eyes
    Con Lie Me Lacrime (As Tears Gone By sang in Italian for show in Italy)
    Before they Make Me Run
    Under My Thumb
    Streets of Love
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Is this going to be the "Bigger Bang" stage set up again or are they planning something new?
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Is this going to be the "Bigger Bang" stage set up again or are they planning something new?
    From what I've read it's a continuation of the Bigger Bang tour. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I first saw the stones in 1972. They were an old band then! lol Wasn't really too much a fan, but seeing them live made me one. Haven't seen them since 1994, but they do put on a good show. Not as good as PJ but still worth a look. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    Is this going to be the "Bigger Bang" stage set up again or are they planning something new?

They will be using the same stage set up as last year/early this year as the tour has not stopped aside from Keith's brain Surgery (also Ronnie needed a bit of booze rehab!)
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    Never seen the Stones live exc on tv and once I sat in the Shea Stadium parking lot for a show, however Wed night in Giants Stadium is just too much hassle for me. Tickets in all price ranges still available, btw.

I would jump for the Beacon Theater tickets though, couple of hundred would not be too much to see them in a venue like that.
  • Just goy my Boston tickets - 60 bucks ain't too bad..

now I hope someone good is opening....
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Add a second regina show!!!!!

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=567

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    MCG wrote:
    Add a second regina show!!!!!

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=567

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this venue sold very well.
    I've got tickets to both Regina shows now!
    Which came first,
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    MCG wrote:
    I've got tickets to both Regina shows now!

lucky you :)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I hope they add a Detroit or Toronto date!

edit - Are they adding more dates still?
  • wolfbear wrote:
    I first saw the stones in 1972. They were an old band then! lol Wasn't really too much a fan, but seeing them live made me one. Haven't seen them since 1994, but they do put on a good show. Not as good as PJ but still worth a look. :)

It is too bad that is when you stopped, each tour since has featured some really good stuff...

1997 - I saw the Columbus, Oh. show. Got "Sister Morphine," "19th Nervous Breakdown," "Let's Spend the Night Together," and "Little Queenie"

1999- Among other things, this tour brought back "Midnight Rambler" and was the first time they played "Some Girls" live. Plus some other good stuff like "Live With Me" and "When the Whip Comes Down"

2002- All I can say is "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" and "Stray Cat Blues"

2005/2006- I saw the Pittsburgh show, which of course featured Pearl Jam, which was totally cool. The only downside was that since it was so early on the tour, they weren't doing many Bigger Bang songs yet. I really like the album and would like to have heard more of it live. Awesome night, though.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
    The only thing that sucks about the Stones in Regina is the opening band, Three Days Grace. Why God Why? The Stones usually have wicked opening band (Pearl Jam, Metallica, Kanye West etc.). I'm hoping they'll book a better act for the other night.
    Which came first,