Options

Cigarettes and Alcohol...the Oasis thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    yeh i posted it on the DBTT thread
    cant wait for that...another Liam tune!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    songbird - great liam tune!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    oasis is awesome - noel and liam are fucking cool dudes. they just don't give a shit. about anything. i think its awesome. everyone should look up "oasis quotes" on google, you can find some hilarious shit.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    "We are the biggest band in Britain of all time, ever. The funny thing is, that fucking mouthing off three years ago about how we were gonna be the biggest band in the world, we actually went and done it." - NOEL

"If you don't want to be the biggest band in the world, you may as well pack it in." - NOEL

On Blur:
    "The guitarist I've got a lot of time for. The drummer I've never met -- hear he's a nice guy. The bass player and the singer -- I fucking hate them two."
    - NOEL

"We're not arrogant, we just believe we're the best band in the world." - NOEL
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    ive got morning glory and definitely maybe, and i love em, but noel and liam are both idiots

i saw them in concert on december 2, and liam you could tell was really drugged up. you couldnt understand what they were saying coz they were slurring their speech so much. and liam during vocal breaks in songs would just stare at people in the crowd for ages
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    sj_2150 wrote:
    ive got morning glory and definitely maybe, and i love em, but noel and liam are both idiots

i saw them in concert on december 2, and liam you could tell was really drugged up. you couldnt understand what they were saying coz they were slurring their speech so much. and liam during vocal breaks in songs would just stare at people in the crowd for ages

Never drugged up on stage...probably just alcohol.

Liam is a legend!!!!!!!!!!
    so is Noel!!!!

Liam stares at the crowd all the time...its just what he does!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Do you like Oasis Mariposa?
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Do you like Oasis Mariposa?

Not the biggest fan Tree. But yes I dig them and I have all their records.
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    mariposa wrote:
    Not the biggest fan Tree. But yes I dig them and I have all their records.

Too cool posa, just too cool for school
    :)
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Hey Axl,
    Has Liam or Noel said anything funny lately? Any cool news on them??
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Hey Axl,
    Has Liam or Noel said anything funny lately? Any cool news on them??
    meh nothing much...just the usual dissing of James Blunt,Kt Tunstall and Bloc Party lol..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    meh nothing much...just the usual dissing of James Blunt,Kt Tunstall and Bloc Party lol..

hehehehehehe
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    OK, so I'm starting to like Oasis again. I used to own WTSMG and Be Here Now, and a few years ago I sold them. I kept Defititely Maybe because I always liked that one. The other day I was at the library and checked out Be Here Now just for kicks. I loved it, and I don't remember why I sold it in the first place. I then went out and bought WTSMG again and Don't Believe the Truth.

My question is which album should I get next - The Masterplan, Standing on the Shoulder, or Heathen Chemistry?

Also, why only 3 stops in the U.S.? Any more planned?
  • Options
    allornone wrote:
    My question is which album should I get next - The Masterplan, Standing on the Shoulder, or Heathen Chemistry?
    from that lot...definitely The Masterplan.

YNWA
  • Options
    vote for Oasis at the brit awards here!
    http://brits.co.uk/vote/
    they are up for best Rock Act and Live Act

YNWA
  • Options
    allornone wrote:
    OK, so I'm starting to like Oasis again. I used to own WTSMG and Be Here Now, and a few years ago I sold them. I kept Defititely Maybe because I always liked that one. The other day I was at the library and checked out Be Here Now just for kicks. I loved it, and I don't remember why I sold it in the first place. I then went out and bought WTSMG again and Don't Believe the Truth.

Also, why only 3 stops in the U.S.? Any more planned?

Get them all at once....but if only one I reckon Heathen Chemistry.

Hindu Times
    Songbird
    Little by Little
    Force of Nature
    Stop Crying Your Heart Out
    (Probably) All in the Mind
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    GALLAGHER PITIES INSANE BOY BAND MEMBERS

OASIS star NOEL GALLAGHER insists rock is far healthier on musicians that pop, because retired pop stars always end up going mad.

The WONDERWALL hitmaker drew the conclusion after recent documentaries about British boyband stars TAKE THAT and BRIAN McFADDEN.

Gallagher says, "It's always a funny thing about boy bands.

"I saw a documentary on Take That and the one on Brian McFadden and the thing about these guys is they all end up mentally disturbed and suicidal.

"All these boy bands have a couple of lagers, dance around onstage and mime on Top Of The Pops.

"Take That's HOWARD DONALD said in the documentary that he hears voices at night willing him to fail.

"To fail at what? You don't do anything Howard."

YNWA
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ive had plans to see them three times and it fell through each time. once, couldnt get a ride, once couldnt get free from work, and once it got rained out.

now ive got tix to go with my gf for their indianapolis show in march and i am SO excited! they're right behind pearl jam for me (tied with u2).

im pretty sure sony will release a greatest hits. my only hope is that if the band gets involved they might manage to do a u2 style bonus disc with some of those singles and b-sides left off masterplan. it's a bitch trying to track them down here (ive only got whatever) and i hear im missing some GREAT songs. so here's hoping that turns out ok... in the meantime, anyone got a collection of those tunes? ill swap you for my disc of all the great pearl jam originals left off lost dogs...
  • Options
    so far the plan is only for another b-sides album..i hope Sony dont force a hits album outta them as well.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    so far the plan is only for another b-sides album..i hope Sony dont force a hits album outta them as well.

i hope they do a double disc one. im missing too many songs (d'yer wanna be a spaceman, whatever, etc) and dont have the cash to track down 15 import singles...

im pretty sure sony will release a greatest hits package though. they did it with pearl jam and the black crowes had the same fate. when your career is up you're bound to see a big compilation so the company can make a few more bucks off your tunes.
  • Options
    i hope they do a double disc one. im missing too many songs (d'yer wanna be a spaceman, whatever, etc) and dont have the cash to track down 15 import singles...

im pretty sure sony will release a greatest hits package though. they did it with pearl jam and the black crowes had the same fate. when your career is up you're bound to see a big compilation so the company can make a few more bucks off your tunes.
    very unlikely a double disc...compilation is only gonna contain the b-sides from "SOTSOG"-"DBTT"
    your best bet to get the older b-sides is maybe get the 2 singles boxsets released in 96-97 from ebay...but the boxsets dont have Whatever so i guess amazon.com is the cheapest you can find it for 12.99

yeh Sony is losing all their rock/alternative artistes nowadays cos of this..

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    very unlikely a double disc...compilation is only gonna contain the b-sides from "SOTSOG"-"DBTT"
    your best bet to get the older b-sides is maybe get the 2 singles boxsets released in 96-97 from ebay...but the boxsets dont have Whatever so i guess amazon.com is the cheapest you can find it for 12.99

yeh Sony is losing all their rock/alternative artistes nowadays cos of this..

cos of the difficulty of tracking down singles?
  • Options
    cos of the difficulty of tracking down singles?
    lol no..cos of their contracts

YNWA
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    ok, so I am loading the Ipod I recieved for Christmas and had some Oasis stuck in my head at work today, so I am loading up my favs from (What's The Story) Morning Glory and I have to say

Some Might Say
    Cast No Shadow
    She's Electric

AND

My all time favourite Oasis track Hey Now! are fucking incredible songs.

I fucking fell for this album hardcore back in 1996, and its nice to be reaquainted with these gems, they still stand the test of time.

This album is definitly a spring album
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    ok, so I am loading the Ipod I recieved for Christmas and had some Oasis stuck in my head at work today, so I am loading up my favs from (What's The Story) Morning Glory and I have to say

Some Might Say
    Cast No Shadow
    She's Electric

AND

My all time favourite Oasis track Hey Now! are fucking incredible songs.

I fucking fell for this album hardcore back in 1996, and its nice to be reaquainted with these gems, they still stand the test of time.

This album is definitly a spring album

don't leave out Champagne Supernova!!!!
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    they are playing down here in south america next week but i won't be able to see them.
    i used to be a big fan in the mid 90's but them i didn't enjoyed 'be here now' and the 2 other albuns (SOTSOG and h. chemistry).
    but 'don't believe the truth' restored my feelings towards the band again.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    they are playing down here in south america next week but i won't be able to see them.
    i used to be a big fan in the mid 90's but them i didn't enjoyed 'be here now' and the 2 other albuns (SOTSOG and h. chemistry).
    but 'don't believe the truth' restored my feelings towards the band again.

I think Heathen Chemistry is a brilliant album. Some great tunes there.

1. Definitely Maybe
    2. Heathen Chem
    3. WtSMG?
    4. SotSoG
    5. DBtT
    6. Masterplan
    7. Be Here Now
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Liam on the current England squad..lol

"I'm not one of those people who are that patriotic when it comes to the England team," said the Manchester City fan, stating the obvious. "I think that if you play direct football and deserve to win, you win. At times the England players seem to play like women. Beckham and others, they're gay boys."

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Liam on the current England squad..lol

"I'm not one of those people who are that patriotic when it comes to the England team," said the Manchester City fan, stating the obvious. "I think that if you play direct football and deserve to win, you win. At times the England players seem to play like women. Beckham and others, they're gay boys."

lol...........
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    lmao. That's brilliant. What a complete idiot....

And what a great front man. The song Morning Glory is just rock n roll perfected. What it makes me feel, no Pearl Jam song (although I much prefer them overall)...can make me feel. Live, it's ecstacy.