Chris Cornell acoustic solo gig!

13»

Comments

• DAM!!!!!!! What a friggin incredible version of Thank You! WOOOAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit Chris, TOUR SOLO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Guys

Ive found this link, which has a superb quality download available. Also is many audioslave related goodies.

its not my site, but i hope im okay to post it.

http://www.triadpictures.com/audioslave/
    This site is a ridiculous little treasure trove of goodness!!!

Thanks so much for it!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Thanks for that info...I hope he comes to NYC when his solo album comes out. I can't wait...

Did anyone record this?
  • Every thing I read in this entire thread is right, except driftins complaint.
    You know I luv ya man.
    But Chris doing any soundgarden is great. I saw the solo tour in Philadelphia where Chris came out and did 3 acoustic songs. I thought he closed with Just like suicide, I am prety sure he at least started it off acousticly.
    I have a vhs of that show if anyone wants a copy.
    In tlantic city with audioslave he did like 3 acoustic songs, with one being Atlantic City from Springsteen, wow it fucking braught ears to my eyes. His voice is great, I have to laugh my balls off when people say he has lost it.
    Billy Jean may be one of the coolest things he's ever done so who knows what to expect next.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • jondu003 wrote:
    Last night something truly amazing happened. Chris Cornell played an acoustic solo gig in Stockholm, Sweden, at a place called The O-Bar. The crowd consisted of about 150 people, most of whom where invited by SonyBMG. A few lucky ones, including myself, had won tickets through a local radio station (Bandit 106.3). The show was nothing short of amazing. Chris seemed to be in a really good mood and told us that this was the smallest acoustic gig he done since 1987, when he had played with Matt Cameron. After the main set Chris went off the stage through the crowd. He soon came back for the encore. When he came back people started shouting requests. I shouted for "Full On Kevin's Mom", Chris laughed and played a few bars. According to a guy who works at the radiostation Chris had only promised to play six songs, he ended up playing thirteen.

Setlist (Hopefully in the right order):
    - Doesn't Remind Me
    - Like A Stone
    - Wide Awake
    - Fell On Black Days
    - Billie Jean (!)
    - Be Yourself
    - Redemption Song / (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love And Understanding
    - Original Fire
    - All Night Thing
    - Black Hole Sun
    - Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
    - Call Me A Dog

I just listened to this bootleg, and I heard you... funny!
    Alt-Wrong
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    such a great show! Hot damn I love Chris Cornell's voice!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I just listened to this for the first time and I am now convinced...
    Chris needs to dump Audioslave. I like Audioslave, but the last two albums were horrible.
    I think they are holding him back. PLUS...I've listened to many live shows of theirs and attended a couple. He sounds like crap compared to this show.
    :)
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Posts: 2,646
    mca47 wrote:
    I just listened to this for the first time and I am now convinced...
    Chris needs to dump Audioslave. I like Audioslave, but the last two albums were horrible.
    I think they are holding him back. PLUS...I've listened to many live shows of theirs and attended a couple. He sounds like crap compared to this show.
    :)

Yes, that's what's most surprising, cause I saw him solo in 1999 and he was fantastic, saw the Cuba DVD with Audioslave..sounded plain, and this acoustic concert was something special..maybe he should do both??
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Yes, that's what's most surprising, cause I saw him solo in 1999 and he was fantastic, saw the Cuba DVD with Audioslave..sounded plain, and this acoustic concert was something special..maybe he should do both??

Can you imagine a small acoustic tour featuring Ed and Chris? :eek:
    I'd sell my car to see that one!!!
  • i just want to be negative for a second here.

i'd like to voice a complaint that Chris always covers the stupidest Soundgarden songs ...

i mean, Blackhole Sun, Spoonman, and Fell On Black Days ...
    those are the most common ones, along with Outshined, which you gotta cut some slack because, well, it's Outshined ... but couldn't we get a Like Suicide, or a Searching With My Good Eye Closed, or even a Rhinosaur\Zero Chance medley ???

come on chris ... throw your old SG homies a bone.

:(
    I'll continue the negative complaints...I thought Chris sounded like he should retire. I just don't really like his voice in a live setting anymore. To quote Eddie, he sounded like he had a popsicle stick stuck up his ass.
  • stickman81 wrote:
    I'll continue the negative complaints...I thought Chris sounded like he should retire. I just don't really like his voice in a live setting anymore. To quote Eddie, he sounded like he had a popsicle stick stuck up his ass.

wow. i thought he sounded the best he has in many many years in this concert. i have been listening to it constantly!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    stickman81 wrote:

Compared to Santa Barbara 2003 when he had his little accoustic set, this sounds MUCH MUCH better. Chris in Sta Barbara sounded horrible :(
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Dammit, I tried to win those tix to!!!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    EM Chris is my favorite Chris, followed closely by a particular Soundgarden concert I saw at George Mason University.

I miss the good old days. :(
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I am not a huge Cornell fan but this is an amazing boot! He sounds great and the quality is amazing! Thanks for the hookup!
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    mca47 wrote:
    Can you imagine a small acoustic tour featuring Ed and Chris? :eek:
    I'd sell my car to see that one!!!

I'm with you on that one!!! Also, if I could get a price for my family I'd sell them too!!! This boot is amazing, I saw him do Call Me A Dog in Cardiff at the Audioslave gig and that was great but this set is awesome.

Metal points awarded to jondu003 for the Full On Kevin's Mom request!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    downloaded it the other night/morning... havent listened to anything else since... this is a really amazing bootleg, not just the recording quality is good, but damn did Chris own all those songs.

sounds weird and "i don't wanna sound like a queer or nuthin" but i want him to make a more lullabye solo album to play before going to sleep... his voice just puts me down~
  • I Wanted To Add My Thanks To This Thread Again
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    HOOOOOLY SHIT!!*hyperventalates*
    I am seriously like this~~>:eek:<~~~ over here!

HOLD UP....
    ~~>THANK YOU (Led Zeppelin)?!:eek:!!!!??????
    AHHHH!&%$#*(+#$#!! *combusts*

ALL NIGHT THING!!!! :o *chills*

BILLIE fuckin JEAN?

Say whaaaaat?
    :eek:
    OMG!!!!

I am in complete awe of all this! HOLY SHIT!
    CC ALL acoustic to a crowd of 150 people??? Fuuuck!

Wow, jondu003...I am in complete awe of YOU for being there! :eek:
    LOL! "Full On Kevin's Mom"!? That's hilarious. :D

Alright, I am off to listen to this IMMEDIATELY!

PART 1 of this jaw dropping magic is now posted on Zane Lowe's BBC radio page under "Listen again - Wednesday's show"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe/index.shtml

Sooo....do you like it??? :D

A M A Z I N G !!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stop listening to this. WOW WOW WOW
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • anyone know why he did the show in stockholm?? i mean; sweden, hello... yeah, i'm from here and i still live here. but why here, i mean, it's soooo cool, but i just wonder why. have never happen anything like this before... very nice indeed, just wish i was there..

keep on rockin' in the free world!
    Good-bye for now.
  • selfself Posts: 64
    i waa just wondering, is the thank you supposed to be at the beginning or is the last track?
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    self wrote:
    i waa just wondering, is the thank you supposed to be at the beginning or is the last track?

last track
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Posts: 910
    Any chance of a new link for this show, I've been looking for it everywhere but no luck yet. A link that I don't have to download software would be preferable.

Thanks
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Are you looking for mp3 or flac? mp3 is on http://www.inthepresenttense.blogspot.com
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    this is an amazing boot. it restored my faith in Cornell's vocal ability after reading mostly negative comments during his live performances with Audioslave. i wish he would announce an acoustic tour that's just him. i would pay quite a bit to see him at Radio City sitting on a stool alone in a spotlight with a guitar belting out songs.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    OLD THREAD OR WHAT?

i thought this was a new gig lol but n/e

yes great show + recording.
  • It's funny to read and remember how well the Stockholm boot was received - it is a great acoustic performance and recording, but he's sung consistently better since on the road with his touring band. there's a pro-shot video going the rounds, a live show for TV in Mexico late last year - "Sesiones" - which is probably the best I've ever seen him sing in front of TV cameras. Audioslave turned in some great performances live, especially in 2005, but for some reason he was never at his absolute best vocally with them.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Posts: 910
    Are you looking for mp3 or flac? mp3 is on http://www.inthepresenttense.blogspot.com

Thanks, I'm aware of this site but I can't download software at work (the link takes you to Megaupload) so a link to some MP3's would be awesome. Anyone?
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Thanks, I'm aware of this site but I can't download software at work (the link takes you to Megaupload) so a link to some MP3's would be awesome. Anyone?
    Megaupload is not software.