Chris Cornell acoustic solo gig!

jondu003jondu003 Posts: 85
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Last night something truly amazing happened. Chris Cornell played an acoustic solo gig in Stockholm, Sweden, at a place called The O-Bar. The crowd consisted of about 150 people, most of whom where invited by SonyBMG. A few lucky ones, including myself, had won tickets through a local radio station (Bandit 106.3). The show was nothing short of amazing. Chris seemed to be in a really good mood and told us that this was the smallest acoustic gig he done since 1987, when he had played with Matt Cameron. After the main set Chris went off the stage through the crowd. He soon came back for the encore. When he came back people started shouting requests. I shouted for "Full On Kevin's Mom", Chris laughed and played a few bars. According to a guy who works at the radiostation Chris had only promised to play six songs, he ended up playing thirteen.

Setlist (Hopefully in the right order):
- Doesn't Remind Me
- Like A Stone
- Wide Awake
- Fell On Black Days
- Billie Jean (!)
- Be Yourself
- Redemption Song / (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace Love And Understanding
- Original Fire
- All Night Thing
- Black Hole Sun
- Thank You (Led Zeppelin)
- Call Me A Dog
2000: Roskilde
2006: Sydney I,II,III
2007: London, Copenhagen
2008: MSG I,II
2009: Manchester, London
2010: London
2011: Toronto I,II, Ottawa, Hamilton
2012: Berlin I,II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So cool, I would just love to see Chris do a solo acoustic gig, you are so lucky. :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • jondu003 wrote:
    Last night something truly amazing happened. Chris Cornell played an acoustic solo gig in Stockholm, Sweden, at a place called The O-Bar. The crowd consisted of about 150 people, most of whom where invited by SonyBMG. A few lucky ones, including myself, had won tickets through a local radio station (Bandit 106.3). The show was nothing short of amazing. Chris seemed to be in a really good mood and told us that this was the smallest acoustic gig he done since 1987, when he had played with Matt Cameron. After the main set Chris went off the stage through the crowd. He soon came back for the encore. When he came back people started shouting requests. I shouted for "Full On Kevin's Mom", Chris laughed and played a few bars. According to a guy who works at the radiostation Chris had only promised to play six songs, he ended up playing thirteen.

- Doesn't Remind Me
    - Like A Stone
    - Wide Awake
    - Fell On Black Days
    - Billie Jean (!)
    - Be Yourself
    - Original Fire
    - All Night Thing
    - Black Hole Sun
    - Call Me A Dog

Please tell me someone taped this and I'm going to hear it sometime soon, that sounds fucking AWESOME, lucky you for getting to witness this mofo.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • jondu003 wrote:
    I shouted for "Full On Kevin's Mom", Chris laughed and played a few bars.

You're nuts!
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    thats amazing

im envious
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • wow that's cool. I would love to hear Chris doing an accoustic show. He did one accoustic song on the Audioslave tour in Cardiff which was nice :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Sounds amazing. I saw Chris twice on his Euphoria Morning Tour and they were some of the best shows I've ever seen. Your experience sounds incredible.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• He should do that all the time. He's better on his own.
  • jondu003 wrote:

- Doesn't Remind Me
    - Like A Stone
    - Wide Awake
    - Fell On Black Days
    - Billie Jean (!)
    - Be Yourself
    - Original Fire
    - All Night Thing
    - Black Hole Sun
    - Call Me A Dog
    YOU LUCKY BASTARD. That's incredible. Especially Call Me a Dog!!!!!!!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • CALL ME A FUCKING DOG!

woo hoo!

That's some funny shit,
    you shouting for "Full on kevin's mom". . . lol ... even funnier that he dug deep into the back catalog to play a few bars for you.

:D:D:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • CALL ME A FUCKING DOG!

woo hoo!

That's some funny shit,
    you shouting for "Full on kevin's mom". . . lol ... even funnier that he dug deep into the back catalog to play a few bars for you.

:D:D:D

Your a fucking Dog Drifting.:p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Shit!!!! Lucky bastard!!!!! :D:D:D
  • i just want to be negative for a second here.

i'd like to voice a complaint that Chris always covers the stupidest Soundgarden songs ...

i mean, Blackhole Sun, Spoonman, and Fell On Black Days ...
    those are the most common ones, along with Outshined, which you gotta cut some slack because, well, it's Outshined ... but couldn't we get a Like Suicide, or a Searching With My Good Eye Closed, or even a Rhinosaur\Zero Chance medley ???

come on chris ... throw your old SG homies a bone.

:(

i'd like to voice a complaint that Chris always covers the stupidest Soundgarden songs ...

those are the most common ones, along with Outshined, which you gotta cut some slack because, well, it's Outshined ... but couldn't we get a Like Suicide, or a Searching With My Good Eye Closed, or even a Rhinosaur\Zero Chance medley ???

I wish he would play some of his solo stuff, like Seasons or Sunshower...

acoustic Like Suicide would be great too
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • I wish he would play some of his solo stuff, like Seasons or Sunshower...

acoustic Like Suicide would be great too

I got the pleasure of "Seasons" during his solo dates back in the late 90's or 2000 or whatever it was ...
    9:30 club in DC ... it was a great fucking show ...

Seasons and All Night Thing were definately highlights ... :D
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    HOOOOOLY SHIT!!*hyperventalates*
    I am seriously like this~~>:eek:<~~~ over here!

HOLD UP....
    ~~>THANK YOU (Led Zeppelin)?!:eek:!!!!??????
    AHHHH!&%$#*(+#$#!! *combusts*

ALL NIGHT THING!!!! :o *chills*

BILLIE fuckin JEAN?

Say whaaaaat?
    :eek:
    OMG!!!!

I am in complete awe of all this! HOLY SHIT!
    CC ALL acoustic to a crowd of 150 people??? Fuuuck!

Wow, jondu003...I am in complete awe of YOU for being there! :eek:
    LOL! "Full On Kevin's Mom"!? That's hilarious. :D

Alright, I am off to listen to this IMMEDIATELY!

PART 1 of this jaw dropping magic is now posted on Zane Lowe's BBC radio page under "Listen again - Wednesday's show"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe/index.shtml
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Ok this is frustrating! Just to save you all the headache... you have to sit through a load of songs to get to the CC ones and the only 2 that are played inbetween the other stuff are Original Fire and Black Hole Sun. I thought it was gonna be a link to the whole 1st part. :o

Well I'm FAITHFULL there will be a much easier way to here ALL of this magic...and soon. :)
    The sooner the better obviously. :D *foams at mouth*

"Lo√e, you know the word

• baby i am so happy for you but same way mf jelous ...hope you understand that;)

by the way when he goes solo he allways sing one totd song just mention that,,,

hey..Chris actually said once that he won't play half the SG songs unless they are ones he wrote the lyrics and music to. He doesn't 'feel right' performing songs that were by the other members, etc.

on another note..omg you lucky shit! lol! I would have DIED if i was there. That is incredible. That set on acoustic, only 'holy fuckin shit' surfaces in my mind. The sheer beauty of this! and how small that crowd?! OMG that is unbelievable! I realllly hope the show will surface somewhere.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • look what I found!

Today they aired Chris' live session from Stockholm yesterday. He performed six songs and in addition, five lucky winners were selected to get their questions asked from Chris in an interview. The fan questions can be heard here, but the interview will come out in full on Tuesday, and I'll do my best to record that also.

The setlist:
    1. Original Fire
    2. Billie Jean
    3. Doesn't Remind Me
    4. Black Hole Sun
    *interview*
    5. Wide Awake
    6. Be Yourself

Be warned, as I said in the previous thread, the quality of the recording is absolutely crappy and at times super crappy. But that was the best I could come up with right now, so shut up and take it or leave it.

here´s the link for the download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XPL13I5K

courtesy of CannedApplause from the audioslaved board
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    here´s the link for the download:

OOOOh Ooooh! :eek:!!!!!
    *has a million orgasms*
    haha.
    As usual, I love you & thank you Marie Curie. :D

Speaking of THANK YOU....I'm kinda scared what's gonna happen to me once someone puts that up!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• wow and thanx a lot sweety;)
  • wow the billie jean cover is uhhhhhhhh no words for this wow that´s chris
    couch i cry a bit(ubs)
    wow the billie jean cover is uhhhhhhhh no words for this wow that´s chris
    couch i cry a bit(ubs)

Uhhhhhhhhhhh is right! These chills will NOT go away! OMG!
    I had to go STRAIGHT to this and HOLY FUCK!! :eek:
    WOOOOOW! *jaw is on floor* SOOO amaZing!! Even more out of this world than I imagined. The whole first part honestly had tears in my eyes. He sounds too beautiful to be true. Good god! The man continues to baffle me with his brilliance. WOOOOW!
    Am I really hearing this??? :eek:
    I'm going back for confirmation....

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    WOOOOOW! *jaw is on floor* SOOO amaZing!! Even more out of this world than I imagined. The whole first part honestly had tears in my eyes. He sounds too beautiful to be true. Good god! The man continues to baffle me with his brilliance. WOOOOW!

i am hearing now an interwiev from him he given a berlin radio station

yeap ...you can say just chris foult;)
  • Saturnal wrote:
    He should do that all the time. He's better on his own.
    i agree.

This show has GOT to show up somewhere for download..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • here´s the link for the download:

i must be retarded.
    can someone tell me WHERE THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON is !?!

i see the file description but see a download link NOWHERE!

:( :( :(
  • i must be retarded.
    can someone tell me WHERE THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON is !?!

i see the file description but see a download link NOWHERE!

:( :( :(

try this yousendit link:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=853C19F82B9DE527
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

well Lyd, I got 20 years on ya baby girl, I BALLED my freakin eyes out......ya know, it's not that he just blew me away by doing THAT song, it's what he played as well.....Chris doesn't get enough credit for being a reaaaally great guitarist.....he puts some incredible chords together and Billie Jean is a prime example......He is SO ready for solo time......I miss hearing AS as a whole, but this is almost too much to handle.......ooh, child, you'll be with momma at one or MORE of his shows, won't you????? And us with our eye makeup, we're gonna look like Alice fucking Cooper!!!

:)

terrible quality but still, thank you for giving us a link....
  • hey..Chris actually said once that he won't play half the SG songs unless they are ones he wrote the lyrics and music to. He doesn't 'feel right' performing songs that were by the other members, etc.

on another note..omg you lucky shit! lol! I would have DIED if i was there. That is incredible. That set on acoustic, only 'holy fuckin shit' surfaces in my mind. The sheer beauty of this! and how small that crowd?! OMG that is unbelievable! I realllly hope the show will surface somewhere.
    And on another note, on the Euphoria Morning tour Cornell used to play "Like Suicide" frequently at the end of the show - full band. :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    yeah, but Like Suicide was written, music and lyrics, by Chris.....so there's always the chance he'll pull it out and surprise some unsuspecting audience, at some point...

hope it's when WE see him!!!!
    :)