Jay-Z 1 - Noel Gallagher 0

2»

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    elmer wrote:
    I heard it mentioned that this was the first year in quite some time where they didn't sell all the tickets prior to the start. Noel's comments were probably what a lot of people were thinking: pimp-rolling white boys with slanted baseball caps have their own places to go. Jay-z has his own agenda, namely, when a Shekel's a Shekel you don't give a fuck, P-Diddy style.

you've obviosuly never been to Glasto....or if you have cant have been around when the sugababes were on or fucking kellis, huge crowds and shite acts, people at Glasto will watch anything.....proved by Jay Z this year.

Seems like a decent guy (fromt he Jon Ross show) but my god I'm so not into his music, its an opinion, but to me it sucks fucking huge time...just a dude talking real quick over a few beats. BORING
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i think i read yesterday that Jay-zzzzzzzz's sales have slumped his appearance on Glasto... weirdly enough Wonderwall went back into the charts.

so yeah... Noel will be gutted :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    i think i read yesterday that Jay-zzzzzzzz's sales have slumped his appearance on Glasto... weirdly enough Wonderwall went back into the charts.

so yeah... Noel will be gutted :rolleyes:

Well, did you or did you not read this?

if true then this probably marks the beginning of the end for Jay-Z and for that matter all of hip-hop/rap
    hate was just a legend
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Well, did you or did you not read this?

if true then this probably marks the beginning of the end for Jay-Z and for that matter all of hip-hop/rap

i did.. but my memory is shit... so i didnt know if it was yesterday or the day before.

as for the other bit... not sure if that was sarcasm or not... but i hope it was sarcasm cos i really really love it.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    pdalowsky wrote:
    you've obviosuly never been to Glasto....or if you have cant have been around when the sugababes were on or fucking kellis, huge crowds and shite acts, people at Glasto will watch anything.....proved by Jay Z this year.

Seems like a decent guy (fromt he Jon Ross show) but my god I'm so not into his music, its an opinion, but to me it sucks fucking huge time...just a dude talking real quick over a few beats. BORING
    Right, I've never been. Just thought that a hip-hop act brings with it an aggro element not in keeping with the ethos of the festival. And yeah your're gonna get some assholes in any crowd but you know what I mean.

Whenever I see these rap-rock collaberations such as Jay-Z has been part of I wonder. It's like the white group (usually some nu-metal goth boys?) are after some street-cred whilst the rapper is counting on their fanbase buying into his music, so there's the risk of alienating his hip-hop audience slightly, but he's cajoled into it by his record company knowing the financial benefit lays firmly in his corner, not the rock group. Nothing wrong with that, and in some/most instances I may be mistaken, I just doubt what someone like Jay-Z has to say. I saw him on the Ross show and he did come across a nice enough fella though. So um, yeah :)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    pdalowsky wrote:
    just a dude talking real quick over a few beats. BORING
    agh.

Not liking hip-hop is fine but comments like that make people look so ignorant.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    agh.

Not liking hip-hop is fine but comments like that make people look so ignorant.

fair do's, that was wrong of me, I should know better...

I hate Hip hop thats all, it wears me down after two mins of hearing the same old shit being talked about so fucking fast I can barely catch a word, with their pants down and shaking fingers out in wierd motions.....I just dont get it...

but I'm sure many do so thats cool. It really pisses me off when someone says rock all sounds the same, so I've just committed the sin that I always get pissed about...oops.

Rage against the machine are perhaps the only metal rap thing that has ever truely blown me away
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    pdalowsky wrote:

Rage against the machine are perhaps the only metal rap thing that has ever truely blown me away

You ever tried The Roots or K-OS? Common or Mos Def? They're a bit different to mainstream hip hop, in fact they're in a league of their own......

Hip Hop really isn't all about wearing baggy jeans, a very odd misconception that is only perpetuted by MTV .....

You have to look past all the 50 Cent shit that clogs up the charts......
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton