Are Metallica done?

13»

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    MLC2006 wrote:

I HATED St Anger. I could not listen to it all the way through. and the thing is, the songs may actually have been good, but the production is awful. I don't know anything about drumming, but there is definitely something wrong with the drums on the St Anger album.

I never really listen to the cd, but I like to watch the dvd of them performing the album in the studio.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • MLC2006 wrote:
    the Black Album is absolutely "metal" in every sense of the word. it is just not "thrash metal" as their previous albums had been. but since they pretty much invented "thrash metal", I could it would be if that's what they called it.

exactly, same with st anger, the 2 loads were more hard rock, with james style of singing.
    master is a great album, but my take on justics is how much more popular heavy got after that album.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Flagg wrote:
    Am I the only one that prefers Load and ReLoad over the Black album? I don't really like the Black album at all.

No, you are not the only one. Load and Reload are the Metallica albums I like best. I never really could get into the Black album save a few songs.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Metallica is one band whose popularity I will never understand.
    The early stuff was good if you like metal, but I think James is the worst singer I have ever heard, except maybe rob zombie or that thing from Gwar.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Just noticing some of the arguments in the RHCP thread and thought alot of them could easily apply to Metallica....

The Black album was released in 1991, they havent done much of any worth since....

To think Pearl Jam have had their whole career in that time too.....

Metallica who? :D

just kidding, in one sense yes they are slightly done, unless they release good album
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Get_Right wrote:
    Metallica is one band whose popularity I will never understand.
    The early stuff was good if you like metal, but I think James is the worst singer I have ever heard, except maybe rob zombie or that thing from Gwar.

what? i think his voice is sexy as hell
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    genie wrote:
    what? i think his voice is sexy as hell

you must like rough sex then-cause that vvoice is rough!
    :)