Pearl Jam Tour Announcement!

Comments

• Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    Well Laura, that's NY for ya. I like how the 10C was working so well and now this. I noticed on the tickets page that NY doesn't even have any tickets (the chirpy bird for NY tix is not on the 10C page). Feel bad for the club members. More tix going sale in t-minus 5 minutes, right?

Right! LET'S ROCK THIS THING

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Haahaa. You're my kinda gal. (you are a girl, right?).

Hey, when are they going to fix the damn clock on this site? Its not 10:00am!!!!
  • Anyone else out there NOT trying for MSG tix? Seems like we've got the boards to ourselves!!!! I wish everyone luck, tho. Been there myself. Ahhhh, don't forget you have to go to will call to claim your tickets. They won't be mailed.
  • Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176
    Haahaa. You're my kinda gal. (you are a girl, right?).

Hey, when are they going to fix the damn clock on this site? Its not 10:00am!!!!

Yep, I'm a girl...and I got lucky! FINALLY. I can "Breathe" again.

[LOUD EXHALE OF RELIEF]

BTW, the site clock is right. My page says GMT -4, because I'm on Eastern Time. So, it's basically correct (about 5 mins fast, actually).

Good luck to everyone who wants a NYC ticket!

Laura in NJ
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • So, is NY all sold out?
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • 201### is my number. I got night 1 for MSG right away but didn't get night 2. Private message me if you want to trade. Please no fakes.... thanks
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • I am so aggravated at how this went down. My son and I had our computers fired up logged on to goods at the ten club and the servers just kept disconnecting and reconnecting until the 'product was no longer available for sale' after about 46 minutes of continuously trying. We even got as far as able to enter credit card info on my son's connection and to step 2 of ordering on my connection before it crashed again on the second NYC show. There was absolutely no benefit to being a long time PJ fanclub member. I sent the tenclub an email and got, sorry there are no fanclub tickets left.

Are we the only one who had this happen to them?
  • wease2000 wrote:
    I am so aggravated at how this went down. My son and I had our computers fired up logged on to goods at the ten club and the servers just kept disconnecting and reconnecting until the 'product was no longer available for sale' after about 46 minutes of continuously trying. We even got as far as able to enter credit card info on my son's connection and to step 2 of ordering on my connection before it crashed again on the second NYC show. There was absolutely no benefit to being a long time PJ fanclub member. I sent the tenclub an email and got, sorry there are no fanclub tickets left.

Unfortunately man, many long time members got shut out today.....but just remember, a city with 8 million people with a small fraction of seats at a huge arena like MSG, the odds are going to be against you, versus, let's say, Hartford. All I can tell you is that there WILL be other shows, and Hartford is a short trip from NYC if you'd consider that. Tix go on sale tomorrow, and the show is conveniently on a Friday night.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,725
    wease2000 wrote:
    I am so aggravated at how this went down. My son and I had our computers fired up logged on to goods at the ten club and the servers just kept disconnecting and reconnecting until the 'product was no longer available for sale' after about 46 minutes of continuously trying. We even got as far as able to enter credit card info on my son's connection and to step 2 of ordering on my connection before it crashed again on the second NYC show. There was absolutely no benefit to being a long time PJ fanclub member. I sent the tenclub an email and got, sorry there are no fanclub tickets left.

You've been a member that long and never posted? crazy
  • MMBR#108###

... not big on discussion board posting but had to vent my frustration somewhere. I wanted to know if others had similar experiences.

It was probably too much work for the ten club, but the year of the 1996 tour when PJ was fighting Ticketmaster before they had to succumb to becoming bedfellows with them, we just sent in checks for the concerts and got to go to them. It was a noble attempt by PJ to fight big business but alas it failed and now today in 2008 being a fanclub member is not much different than ordering from the legal scalper, Ticketmaster, or the many scalpers who will be surfacing.
  • wease2000 wrote:
    MMBR#108###

... not big on discussion board posting but had to vent my frustration somewhere. I wanted to know if others had similar experiences.

It was probably too much work for the ten club, but the year of the 1996 tour when PJ was fighting Ticketmaster before they had to succumb to becoming bedfellows with them, we just sent in checks for the concerts and got to go to them. It was a noble attempt by PJ to fight big business but alas it failed and now today in 2008 being a fanclub member is not much different than ordering from the legal scalper, Ticketmaster, or the many scalpers who will be surfacing.

i loved the mail in system. very deadhead like. easy and fair system. you complete the form and send in your check. it was great! the best part was you had some control over your own destiny. the new system is hit or miss.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    mornglory wrote:
    i loved the mail in system. very deadhead like. easy and fair system. you complete the form and send in your check. it was great! the best part was you had some control over your own destiny. the new system is hit or miss.
    You only got one show, and it was first come first to get a ticket. I never had a problem, but the one show deal was just stinky.

I think they may have let you do more than one show later, but not very long before the computer took off.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Aliveguy1Aliveguy1 Posts: 50
    what is the incentive of being a fan club member if you live in NY and have to deal with the absurdity of having so many people trying for the same show as you?

One would think that 3x the normal amount of tickets would be available via ten club.

I don't think anyone should be shut out of getting tickets if they pay their membership dues. That seems unfair and unnecessary. Sell tickets for a day, whatever doesn't sell, ticketmaster can sell the remainder. The tc tix are already paid for so it's a no-lose situation.
    4.7.94 9.29.96 10.1.96 6.29.98 8.20,22,23,25,26.98 9.10,11,13,15,16,19.98 8.3,4,6.00 8.23-25,27,28,29.00, 10.4.00, 10.9.00 4.29,30.03, 5.3.03 6.29.03 7.8,9,12.03 9.15,16.05; 6.24,25,27,28,30.08
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    You only got one show, and it was first come first to get a ticket. I never had a problem, but the one show deal was just stinky.

I think they may have let you do more than one show later, but not very long before the computer took off.

you were allowed more than one show in the later years.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    Aliveguy1 wrote:
    Sell tickets for a day, whatever doesn't sell, ticketmaster can sell the remainder. The tc tix are already paid for so it's a no-lose situation.
    I'm certain 10club would like to do this, but they are limited in the amount of tix that Ticketmaster/LiveNation will allow them to reserve for the fan club.
    There is a 10% rule for fan clubs which 10c has definitely been able to circumvent in the past, but possibly not so this time around.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 1
    The same thing happened to me with trying to get tickets for the second night. i got to the point where i was asked for my credit card and then the server just dropped me. from that point i was unable to to get to where i was and never got tickets. so, now looking forward to dealing with ticketmaster, the question arises, is there any possibility of getting seats on the floor through ticketmaster? or is it pretty much guaranteed your getting nosebleeds?
  • jmarimonjmarimon Posts: 6
    wease2000, same thing happenned to me for the 1st show. Very frustrating. sent a note to tickets@tenclub.net and hopefully they can take into consideration for future tours.
    96: Randalls Island 9/28
    98: E. Rutherford 9/8 , MSG 9/10
    00: Jones Beach 8/24, 8/25
    03: Uniondale 4/30, MSG 7/8, 7/9, Holmdell 7/14
    06: Camden 5/27, E.Rutherford 6/1, 6/3
    08: MSG 6/24, 6/25, Beacon Theatre 7/1
    09: Spectrum 10/30, 10/31
    10: Newark 5/18, MSG 5/20, MSG 5/21
    13: Brooklyn 10/19
    15: Global Citizen Fest 9/26
    16: MSG 5/01, Fenway 08/05, Wrigley 08/20
    21: Ohana 10/01, 10/02
    22: LA 05/06
    One more show to get today. Biggg ass drink when I get home tonight!!
    This is just exhausting.
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    I hope they add more dates to the schedule - they haven't been in Pittsburgh since June 06 - I think that was the last time. Although I was lucky enough to see them with the Stones at PNC Park. Some of us with kids can't make the long road trips anymore. Hopefully they'll add more dates before the summer's over cause theres lots of us who can't make these places.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• SuzieMSuzieM Posts: 113
    Aliveguy1 wrote:
    what is the incentive of being a fan club member if you live in NY and have to deal with the absurdity of having so many people trying for the same show as you?

My impression is that the best tix are reserved for 10c members so at least we have a chance at getting good seats. I've never gone on 10c tix before (I was fortunate enough to get MSG 2 which I attribute to dumb luck).
  • zwickeyzwickey Posts: 2
    I was lucky enough to get the 2nd MSG show, but i can't believe how fast MSG sells out, and here all the other venues have tix available...why is it like that? Their server can't even take the traffic...

I was sure that the people who didnt get either MSG show would jump at the chance of Hartford tix.
    My trifecta, MSG 1, MSG 2, and Hartford. All nice and neat in my profile.

I know Hartford is still up, but I had a little flutter in my heart when it was time to get tickets. Server just wore me out for two days straight!

***Wipes forehead with back of hand and goes to the liquor cabinet***
  • zwickeyzwickey Posts: 2
    this is my first time getting tix through 10c.....when do you know where the seats are??? whats the chance of them being General admission in front of the stage?
  • OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    zwickey wrote:
    this is my first time getting tix through 10c.....when do you know where the seats are??? whats the chance of them being General admission in front of the stage?

Nil - there's not going to be GA in the seating areas.

Seating locations will depend on your seniority number unless you get lucky and win seats in rows 1/2/9/10 which are determined by a lottery. You'll know seat locations when you pick up the tickets the night of the show...
  • katewkatew Posts: 15
    Enkidu wrote:
    Hooray, hooray, I was going to go back east and visit my family in Virginia, catch the SC, Va. Beach, & D.C. shows - DAMN. Our family vacation (here in CA) is the 14th through the 21st.

Family or PJ? Do I flip a coin?
    heyy well i no what i would do ,,, go see pearl jam lol and send ya family a post card or somitt :P
    danny wrote:
    come to england please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that would make my year if they did ! wish they would hurry up and come (y) !:):)
    tofa wrote:
    I can't believe it, I'm visiting NYC with my wife for our honeymoon, at the end of May so we will just miss the tour!! I'm considering postponing by a couple of weeks, I wonder if she'll understand? Maybe plan B is a safer and more likely option and see if PJ could arrive in NYC a little earlier!!!!
    lol iam sure shell understand :P:P not ! lol
  • doc2rockdoc2rock Posts: 6
    Hey,
    I want to get VA beach tickets this week but they haven't posted the prices or seating arrangement yet. Does anyone know whether this will be a general standing show or will it be sectioned off? Seated?

I saw them in Albany at the Pepsi Arena a couple years ago and I couldn't believe how we had to stand in place at our seats on the FLOOR. Why are they doing this now when other bands are still allowing general admission. If it is because of rowdiness and safety, why aren't bands like Nine Inch Nails doing it too? NIN at VA beach about 2 years ago was standing general admission with an option for cheaper lawn tickets behind the amphitheatre.

Thanks for any info!
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    rockadoc wrote:
    Hey,
    I want to get VA beach tickets this week but they haven't posted the prices or seating arrangement yet. Does anyone know whether this will be a general standing show or will it be sectioned off? Seated?

I saw them in Albany at the Pepsi Arena a couple years ago and I couldn't believe how we had to stand in place at our seats on the FLOOR. Why are they doing this now when other bands are still allowing general admission. If it is because of rowdiness and safety, why aren't bands like Nine Inch Nails doing it too? NIN at VA beach about 2 years ago was standing general admission with an option for cheaper lawn tickets behind the amphitheatre.

Thanks for any info!
    it's because the majority of lazy americans want their reserved space I guess..
    they have no problems with GA here! and we're a hell of a lot more rowdy than in the US when it comes to GA..at least by the Vic and lolla examples.
  • doc2rockdoc2rock Posts: 6
    but that doesn't explain why arguably rowdier crowds such as Nine Inch Nails are allowed general admission. It has to be some kind of pearl jam policy for the USA or something....
    are there still pearl jam general admission shows in the US or was my seated experience in albany, NY what happens at every arena?
This discussion has been closed.