"Meh" bands and artists

13»

Comments

• jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    audiodave wrote:
    That is them. And I find it hillarious that they wrote a song about themselves: "Everything Is Average Nowadays"

I don't find them anything other than irritating Dave. The words in that song are bloody ridiculous, here I found this

Oh yes I'm stressed, I'm sorry I digressed
    Impressed you're dressed to SOS
    Oh, and my parents love me
    Oh, and my girlfriend loves me
    Everyday I love you less and less
    I can't believe once you and me did sex
    It makes me sick to think of you undressed
    Since everyday I love you less and less
    And everyday I love you less and less
    You're turning into something I detest
    And everybody says that your a mess
    Since everyday I love you less and less
    Unless, unless

At this point today, when this was on the radio, I swear I gave the radio an irritated glance that Jim Royle would've been proud of. Unbelievable.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Tool's later albums are kinda boring, but i still love the oldies.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    arcade fire ..for now i'm sure i could think of a few others ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Foo Fighters are the definition of "meh." They have some good songs, but there's little to no real meat to any of it and it's usually ridiculously generic, bland, soulless stuff. I don't hate them, I just think they're the definition of average.

The Black Keys too. I want to like them a lot, but I just find their stuff to lack any good hooks that are required for a two-piece.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    audiodave wrote:
    It's all a matter of opinion...and I agree with Dunk. So many people have told me that I would like Tool. I've listened and i've tried...but I just keep turning it off and thinking..."meh".

Its not a band you tap your feet too. As they claim. Its more of a spiritual experience.
    MrSmith wrote:
    Tool's later albums are kinda boring, but i still love the oldies.
    boo.

"who are you to wave your finger you must have been out your head."
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    OASIS...lame in every way, boring, definetely not great vocals (whats' the name of the singer?, well who cares anyway)..in conclusion totally overrated
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Explosions In The Sky.......in the album of theirs I heard it's just repitition blandly tinkered throughout.
    ACDC

just please stop singing the chorus for the love of god.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    dunkman wrote:
    Tool.

on cd, , and especially their live show. I was already aware of how the band does their stage show. The music was great, but honestly you can crank a cd of theirs in your room in the dark. Not much different, since they are all shadow like figures on stage anyway. The lasers and visuals were boring.

Now I just saw Roger Waters do an elaborate stage show with visuals, pyrotechnics, screens if the prism ect, a floating helium pig and the show was bad ass.

Tools show just had me looking at my watch a few times and overall, I just wasn't blown away. They are not the worst band I have seen, just boring.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    eat your mcdonalds. enjoy your ectasy. tool isn't for you.
  • Commy wrote:
    eat your mcdonalds. enjoy your ectasy. tool isn't for you.

.......or me.

I submit KOL as well. I can't shake the impression if it wasn't for PJ they would be hardly mentioned here.
  • Commy wrote:
    Its not a band you tap your feet too. As they claim. Its more of a spiritual experience.

i think it's hilarious how Maynard has convinced everyone of that.

although i don't expect much from people who would willingly wear a shirt that says "Tool" and don't even understand it's a joke the band has been playing on it's fans since they named themselves that particular word for that very reason.

i saw the band back in 1997 and they fucked blew the roof off the place.

i saw them a few times in 2001 and it was a total borefest. They just throw out words like "collective unconscious" and "spiritual" and "attention span" and all the sheep fans eat it up like communal waifers.

No wonder Maynard used to "baaaaaaaah" at his fans. He's just found a more intelligent way of making them look like sheep.

Good for him. Joke's on you though.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    Foo Fighters and Green Day
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249
    all Rap, Hip-hop, and whatever the kids are listening to when they drive by with their stereos bass going "BOOM" "BOOM" "BOOM"
    sukket foo!
    i think it's hilarious how Maynard has convinced everyone of that.

although i don't expect much from people who would willingly wear a shirt that says "Tool" and don't even understand it's a joke the band has been playing on it's fans since they named themselves that particular word for that very reason.

i saw the band back in 1997 and they fucked blew the roof off the place.

i saw them a few times in 2001 and it was a total borefest. They just throw out words like "collective unconscious" and "spiritual" and "attention span" and all the sheep fans eat it up like communal waifers.

No wonder Maynard used to "baaaaaaaah" at his fans. He's just found a more intelligent way of making them look like sheep.

Good for him. Joke's on you though.

nice.

Except that I have seen tool a couple times since then, and if they were boring you may need to find another way to enjoy yourself. Tool fucking rocked both shows. They can play live, as few other bands can. Enjoy your Creed and Nickelback.
  • Commy wrote:
    nice.

Except that I have seen tool a couple times since then, and if they were boring you may need to find another way to enjoy yourself. Tool fucking rocked both shows. They can play live, as few other bands can. Enjoy your Creed and Nickelback.

Tool 1997 > Tool present-day

Enjoy your watered-down band. They'll never be what they once were. Sucks for you really.

Enjoy your watered-down band. They'll never be what they once were. Sucks for you really.
    not really. As they have said, they only get better with time. You obviously havn't listned to tool lately.
  • MerkingBoyMerkingBoy Posts: 249

Juz lyk da Paerl Jamm. Nuttin' gude ken laz 4evur! :)
  • Commy wrote:
    not really. As they have said, they only get better with time. You obviously havn't listned to tool lately.

Yes, i have. Hence my opinion.

i also think A Perfect Circle was better.

But you probably think they sound like Creed or something.
    Yes, i have. Hence my opinion.

i also think A Perfect Circle was better.

But you probably think they sound like Creed or something.
    :) I like perfect circle as well.
  • Well then i guess we have some common ground.

you like the Ashes Divide album? i have been spinning it obsessively. i think it's beautiful.
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    gtrplyr wrote:
    Coldplay

indeed, m e h

lucky bastard :D
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    U2!
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Sigor Ros, U2 and Radiohead...

all one big fat MEH!
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    U2 !!!!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    NIN, Sigus Ros, Tool, Arcade Fire...

I've tried to like them, and failed !
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    If they seemed like they were enjoying themselves, it'd be okay, but they seem to find their music as boring as everyone else. :o

They're like an honest Coldplay or Keane, I say that because those bands actually look like they're excited by their dullness.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

I'll start. Sigur Ros. Yes, we get the idea. It starts off soft, then it gets loud. So what?

And yet, I've had some of the most heavenly naps listening to Sigur Ros. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&