"Meh" bands and artists

Comments

• adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    White Stripes. Some good songs, but nothing awe-inspiring.
    Gotta disagree. The White Stripes are amazing, to me...

Radiohead...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

How ironic that their music has no meat to it! :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • adam42381 wrote:
    Gotta disagree. The White Stripes are amazing, to me...

Radiohead...

Oh, I know lots of people will disagree. It's the point of the thread. ;)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    If they seemed like they were enjoying themselves, it'd be okay, but they seem to find their music as boring as everyone else. :o
    I heard them, thought ...well, nothing really. Then my wife bought their cd, I knew then they were awful, she has terrible taste.
    Also my mate, terrible taste, we had a beer Sunday night and he's going on how great they are, I just shrugged like "what?" he's so rubbish at liking music it's unbelievable.
    And I'll go Radiohead, they've lived off their reputation longer than Ron Jeremy.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    How ironic that their music has no meat to it! :D

Ha ha!

I'm gonna have to throw Jack Johnson out there too, for the same reason as Snow Patrol.
  • jamie uk wrote:
    I heard them, thought ...well, nothing really. Then my wife bought their cd, I knew then they were awful, she has terrible taste.
    Also my mate, terrible taste, we had a beer Sunday night and he's going on how great they are, I just shrugged like "what?" he's so rubbish at liking music it's unbelievable.
    And I'll go Radiohead, they've lived off their reputation longer than Ron Jeremy.

Yeah, a bunch of my friends... I love 'em to death, but they really just like "chart music"... whatever they heard on the radio in the shops.... They spent two years talking about how excellent Snow Patrol were. All my attempts to show them Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Tom Waits... nothing. Give them a lightly strummed song about how solemn Gary Lightbody is feeling today, and they fall in love instantly. :p
    YES YES YES! Music for family bbq's!

Not mine ;)
    But sure, you go around and the guy thinks he's all rock an roll, "hey, you'll like this"...No I wont, and you know it's only a matter of time before he gets out his latest Foo fighters......yeah great Steve, and the Eagles greatest hits next? Cool :o
    Yeah, a bunch of my friends... I love 'em to death, but they really just like "chart music"... whatever they heard on the radio in the shops.... They spent two years talking about how excellent Snow Patrol were. All my attempts to show them Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Tom Waits... nothing. Give them a lightly strummed song about how solemn Gary Lightbody is feeling today, and they fall in love instantly. :p

Oooh, you said Tom Waits
    :o I tried, my how I tried. I wanted to, but.. well I just didn't, what can I say?
  • jamie uk wrote:
    Oooh, you said Tom Waits
    :o I tried, my how I tried. I wanted to, but.. well I just didn't, what can I say?

If Tom Waits was a superhero, he'd be Marmite Man. :p
    jamie uk wrote:
    Not mine ;)
    But sure, you go around and the guy thinks he's all rock an roll, "hey, you'll like this"...No I wont, and you know it's only a matter of time before he gets out his latest Foo fighters......yeah great Steve, and the Eagles greatest hits next? Cool :o

Lol, at least Foos have some balls!

You can guarantee that after Snow Patrol and Jack Johnson, some wanker's gonna bust out some Nickelback or Norah bleeding Jones! I swear these people only buy cds that enter the top ten.
  • Lol, at least Foos have some balls!

You can guarantee that after Snow Patrol and Jack Johnson, some wanker's gonna bust out some Nickelback or Norah bleeding Jones! I swear these people only buy cds that enter the top ten.

Nah, after Jack Johnson and Snow Patrol, they're gonna wrap it up, cos it's getting late, and they need a good night's sleep. ;)
    If Tom Waits was a superhero, he'd be Marmite Man. :p

That's not just funny it's also clever, and completely meaningless to anyone who doesn't reside within our little cocoon :D
  • jamie uk wrote:
    That's not just funny it's also clever, and completely meaningless to anyone who doesn't reside within our little cocoon :D

The joke's like Tom Waits, and Marmite - you either get it, or you don't. :D
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Condiser me another vote for Soundgarden. Just never clicked with me.
  • the Strokes. how many songs about being a selfish asshole can one band write?

driveby truckers. dont do much for me. a lot of redneck cliches. some of it is alright.

NIN.
    Nah, after Jack Johnson and Snow Patrol, they're gonna wrap it up, cos it's getting late, and they need a good night's sleep. ;)

How could I forget, they have an early morning trip to Home Base to prepare for!
    The joke's like Tom Waits, and Marmite - you either get it, or you don't. :D

Thing is, I love Marmite, is that ironic? :)
  • jamie uk wrote:

It's JUST PLAIN WRONG, is what it is. :D
    jamie uk wrote:

No, that's disgusting :p Marmite is the devil's turd.
  • No, that's disgusting :p Marmite is the devil's turd.

That should totally be their advertising slogan.
    MrSmith wrote:
    the Strokes. how many songs about being a selfish asshole can one band write?

With the Strokes, it's not so much about the words, more like how many more songs where the guitars go jang, jang, jang, jang, jangly jangly jang, jang?

Do they still bother? I aint heard of them for a while.

Oh, the Killers. There's another one.
    Kaiser Chiefs, Yet another.
    No, that's disgusting :p Marmite is the devil's turd.

Well, it's tasty and if it is in fact the devils turd, then at least we know what we're eating, unlike say...black pudding :eek: Which part of the Devil is that?
    jamie uk wrote:
    Kaiser Chiefs, Yet another.

For me they push past the threshold of 'meh' into the category of fucking irritating. Their singer needs a good slap round the chops!
  • For me they push past the threshold of 'meh' into the category of fucking irritating. Their singer needs a good slap round the chops!

All together now: "Ohhh oohhhh ohhhhhhh ohhhhhhh" (repeat ad infinitum)

Shit. I just wrote the next Kaiser Chiefs album.
    For me they push past the threshold of 'meh' into the category of fucking irritating. Their singer needs a good slap round the chops!

Good point, I wasn't concentrating. Say is it them that sing a song called "everyday I love you less and less" ? If so, then they are in a definite category of their own, the 'I could kick the radio down the stairs for making me listen to that' category.
  • smg9779smg9779 Posts: 235
    Lenny Kravitz. Quite possibly the most boring rock artist ever.
    Steve

11/18/97 Oakland
    07/13/98 Los Angeles
    07/14/98 Los Angeles
    10/31/99 Bridge School
    10/28/00 San Bernardino
    10/31/00 Mountain View
    10/21/01 Bridge School
    06/01/03 Mountain View
    07/15/06 SF I
    07/16/06 SF II
    07/18/06 SF III
    10/21/06 Bridge School
    04/07/08 Berkeley
    04/08/08 Berkeley
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    dunkman wrote:
    Tool.

it starts off like a flaccid willy and then just never rises.
    ? Tool effing rules.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    jamie uk wrote:
    Good point, I wasn't concentrating. Say is it them that sing a song called "everyday I love you less and less" ? If so, then they are in a definite category of their own, the 'I could kick the radio down the stairs for making me listen to that' category.
    That is them. And I find it hillarious that they wrote a song about themselves: "Everything Is Average Nowadays"
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Commy wrote:
    ? Tool effing rules.
    It's all a matter of opinion...and I agree with Dunk. So many people have told me that I would like Tool. I've listened and i've tried...but I just keep turning it off and thinking..."meh".
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    audiodave wrote:
    It's all a matter of opinion...and I agree with Dunk. So many people have told me that I would like Tool. I've listened and i've tried...but I just keep turning it off and thinking..."meh".

same here....not bad but they don't do anything for me....