I don't like...

Comments

• Tek Money wrote:
    We're now in a fight. How can you hate Zeppelin!!! Haha.

I am so tired of Led Zeppelin. I know they are legends. I know what they did for Rock but I can not stand hearing them anymore. As far as the Rolling Stones....How can we miss them if THEY NEVER GO AWAY. They looked like they have been microwaved or something.

Smashing Pumpkins. Billy is such a whiner and is in real need of seeing the sun once or twice.

God Smack and or Linkin Park and or Nickelback and or Puddle of Mudd and or any other music that sounds like this style of rock. So cookie cutter and very boring.

For old school stuff....I never like or got into Van Halen. Totally going against most people, I only liked them once Sam Hager joined and only then half hearted. They still kinda bug me.

The biggest losers on earth is KISS

Next to them is Guns and Roses. BORING!!!!

Heart, just can't stand them.

I am sure there are others that I would quickly turn the radio dial for but that's it for now.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    u2
    metallica after 92
    rolling stones
    new bon jovi
    nirvana
    anything emo except dashboard
    new staind
    linkin park after hybrid theory. they do put on a really good live show
    new RCHP
    the eagles
    aerosmith after the 70's
    country except for johnny cash
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I'm not gonna bother with the obviously sucky stuff like AC/DC and all. I'm just gonna go with the stuff I've tried really hard to get into with no luck.

Sleater Kinney
    Mars Volta
    Rush
    Jane's Addiction
    The Doors
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    I'm not gonna bother with the obviously sucky stuff like AC/DC and all. I'm just gonna go with the stuff I've tried really hard to get into with no luck.

Sleater Kinney
    Mars Volta
    Rush
    Jane's Addiction
    The Doors
    im sorry but how in the fuck can u not like the doors. that just blows my mind

• Cause they are very over-rated also.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Dick Jones wrote:
    Cause they are very over-rated also.

Everything is overrated. :)
    Cock Fight.
    and the same could be say nirivana. u people just dont get music thats all

• and the same could be say nirivana. u people just dont get music thats all

Nirvana is a band I dislike.

It's not about not getting the music. I get it fine. It's just shitty music.
    Cock Fight.
  • We don't get music because we don't like the Doors?
    yes, its like saying the beatles are over-rated or pink floyd are over rated. the doors are rock legends and to say that there over-rated is just mind blowing

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    u2
    metallica after 92
    rolling stones
    new bon jovi
    nirvana
    anything emo except dashboard
    new staind
    linkin park after hybrid theory. they do put on a really good live show
    new RCHP
    the eagles
    aerosmith after the 70's
    country except for johnny cash

Being that we are both fans of the Mets and Pearl Jam, I am happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, but how can you diss Nirvana and take up for Dashboard Confessional in the same breath.

P.S- Basically, anything called emo these days isn't really emo any more than Nicleback, and Puddle of Mud is grunge. There actually is some good emo like Texas is the Reason, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Mineral.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Rock legends to who? Those who like them. Your gonna have to get over the fact that not everyone adores Jim Morrison or the Doors. I find their music pretty boring and cringe worthy.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    Being that we are both fans of the Mets and Pearl Jam, I am happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, but how can you diss Nirvana and take up for Dashboard Confessional in the same breath.
    i just never got into whiny little bitches who wrote really bad songs and then blew there brains out cause i got to "popular"

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Brainofdz wrote:

P.S- Basically, anything called emo these days isn't really emo any more than Nicleback, and Puddle of Mud is grunge. There actually is some good emo like Texas is the Reason, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Mineral.

yeah, to say it's insane to not like the doors then diss on nirvana makes no sense. both are over-rated but still great bands. in any case, the whole point of this thread is to list the bands that the world seems to love but you just dont get, so i dont know why he's making a big deal out of other people's choices when there are undoubtedly people who'd take him to task for his choices anyway.
    i just never got into whiny little bitches who wrote really bad songs and then blew there brains out cause i got to "popular"

but people who took drank until their fat ass hearts stopped in the bathroom are cool?
  • Cabrera hasn't shot himself yet?
    Dick Jones wrote:
    Rock legends to who? Those who like them. Your gonna have to get over the fact that not everyone adores Jim Morrison or the Doors. I find their music pretty boring and cringe worthy.
    whats so cringe worthy bout the doors. i dont like the beatles a whole lot, i found there music really really boring. but yet i still respect them

but people who took drank until their fat ass hearts stopped in the bathroom are cool?
    who the fuck are u talking bout

who the fuck are u talking bout

uhhhh... jim morrison?

I can respect the fact that you don't like Nirvana.
    However, you should really respect the dead. I certainly do not advocate suicide. However, until you walk in someone's shoes you could'nt possibly understand all of the factors that could lead to such a tragic decision.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

• I don't know what it is really, maybe the organ. The lyrics get old. All the mystic Jim non-sense. It's just my opinion, I don't expect anyone to agree.

I don't listen/like Pink Floyd much, if ever, but they have some good songs I can jam to every once in a while, I just don't praise them.

Same with the Stones.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    I can respect the fact that you don't like Nirvana.
    However, you should really respect the dead. I certainly do not advocate suicide. However, until you walk in someone's shoes you could'nt possibly understand all of the factors that could lead to such a tragic decision.
    dude i never said i didnt like the dead, i grew up on the dead.

• dude i never said i didnt like the dead, i grew up on the dead.

Seriously?
    dude i never said i didnt like the dead, i grew up on the dead.

the dead as in kurt cobain, a dead man. regardless, my point still stands. if you're going to fault kurt for struggling with addiction and depression and opting for suicide, then how are you going to make excuses for jim morrison, the raging alcoholic?

point was... why are you in a thread the point of which is to let people get off their chest that they just dont feel certain legendary band trying to convince other people that they have to like the same bands you do?
    That's it. I'm going back to the Lady Soverign message board where my points are understood and appreciated.

the dead as in kurt cobain, a dead man. regardless, my point still stands. if you're going to fault kurt for struggling with addiction and depression and opting for suicide, then how are you going to make excuses for jim morrison, the raging alcoholic?

point was... why are you in a thread the point of which is to let people get off their chest that they just dont feel certain legendary band trying to convince other people that they have to like the same bands you do?
    my bad, i thought he meant the greatful dead.all i asked was a simple fucking question, u people got on my case

my bad, i thought he meant the greatful dead.all i asked was a simple fucking question, u people got on my case

no, YOU got on everyone's case when you said it blew your mind that anyone could not like the doors and then went on to make the arrogant claim that anyone who think the doors are over-rated "just doesnt know music thats all." this thread was going quite well with people venting and respecting each other's choices until you got on your jim morrison apostle pedestal.
    no, YOU got on everyone's case when you said it blew your mind that anyone could not like the doors and then went on to make the arrogant claim that anyone who think the doors are over-rated "just doesnt know music thats all." this thread was going quite well with people venting and respecting each other's choices until you got on your jim morrison apostle pedestal.
    why do u have to stick your nose in every thread on here, seriously.i would have droped the subject, if he would have say i dont like the doors but still respect them in his post and i was reffering to abook's post. then u people made it into this big thing

why do u have to stick your nose in every thread on here, seriously.i would have droped the subject, if he would have say i dont like the doors but still respect them in his post and i was reffering to abook's post. then u people made it into this big thing

cos i got nothing better to do at 1am on a weds night :)

and i tend to get really annoyed by the diehard fans of certain bands... dmb, pink floyd, radiohead, and the doors mainly. but that's a whole other issue and i am going to bed now. so carry on! no offense intended, just a pet peeve of mine.
    So.........How many days till pitchers and catchers?