Comments

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Tek Money wrote:
    I don't like:

The Police
    Bruce Springsteen
    Bon Jovi
    Def Leppard

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Now those are fighting words - just kidding, I agree completely ;)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    My morning jacket. I tried hard to like them....but it only made me hate them.

Feel free to post about the bands you don't like.

i agree with you i tried really hard and i just cant get into that sound...to be honest most indie bands lately all sound the same...whiny voices...oh well to each their own

im into metal right now so i dont know if i have much room to talk about voices..haha

Killswitch Engage-As Daylight Dies is on full rotation as we speak
  • I don´t like...

Metallica
    Bon Jovi
    Kid Rock
    Skid Row
    Motley Crue
    And probably every f***ing glam band from the 80s...they really suck!!!
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    tool - im sorry, but every single tool song i ever listened to in my entire life sounds exactly the same

white stripes - just cos jack white's weirder than fuck-all and potentially banging his sister does not make him a genius

dave matthews band - they're the most incredibly self-indulgent and boring group i ever heard

soundgarden - they have some decent songs, but the amount of ass-kissing for them around here is ridiculous... they're not that great (this can include anything chris cornell does basically)
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    see i dig mmj, it took me a little while but now im a fan

the following bands are overrated:
    tool
    slayer
    dave mathews band
    white stripes

dont get:
    mars volta
    radiohead

sick of:
    gnr
    eagles
    john melloncamp(almost entirely because of that stupid fucking commercial)
    elton john
    van halen/hagar, cherone, whatever just STOP already

suck:
    nickelback
    trapt
    hinder
    all cheesy lame ass '80's rock

p.s.- this is our country
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    tool - im sorry, but every single tool song i ever listened to in my entire life sounds exactly the same

white stripes - just cos jack white's weirder than fuck-all and potentially banging his sister does not make him a genius

I agree with the Tool comment. Every song sounds like a remix of the last.

Re Jack White, Meg is actually his ex-wife. Which makes sense if you think about it... tho he is still weird. w/ever.
  • White Stripes- Some ok songs and he is a great guitarist but just can't get into them. Meg is an awful drummer....
    My Bloody Valentine's Loveless- Easily the most overated album on this board
    Most indie bands (there are exceptions but most indie bands suck)
    My chemical romance
    System of a Down
    Sleater-Keaney (sp)-Corin Tucker's voice could strip paint of a wall, and I mean that in the worst possible sense.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    metallica
    guns 'n roses
    oasis
    korn
    linkin park
    my chemical romance

and basically any/everything from the 80's - fuck that era was a joke
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Emo - All of it, no exceptions. :D
    Tool - There albums seem like one really long song.
    Pearl Jam....... - Gotcha!
    Most of the 'The' bands that have some out over the past 5 years with the exceptions of The Stroke and The White Stripes (TWS are borderline though)
  • Genesis
    Kansas
    Chicago
    Supertramp
    Boston

Edited to add: How come so many overrated art bands are named after geographic locations? I'm sensing a theme.
    The kids of today should defend themselves against the Seventies Nineties.
  • Dog Loyal wrote:
    Genesis
    Kansas
    Chicago
    Supertramp
    Boston

Edited to add: How come so many overrated art bands are named after geographic locations? I'm sensing a theme.

I can dig that.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • I'm adding Counting Crows to my list. Blech!
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    glasshouse wrote:
    metallica
    guns 'n roses
    oasis
    korn
    linkin park
    my chemical romance

and basically any/everything from the 80's - fuck that era was a joke

I implore you to go listen to: The Pixies, The Replacements, Husker Du, Bad Brains, Minor Threat/Fugazi, Galaxie 500, Flipper, Sonic Youth, New Order, The Smiths, The Cure and countless other 80's bands that were completely vital to the history of music and everything we listen to today.
    Be carefull with generalized statements.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Todd76 wrote:
    I just can't handle Plant's vocals....his voice is like nails on a chalkboard

I don't have a comment about this. I just quoted it because this stuck out to me. I don't even know what to say. Let's just say I respectfully disagree.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I dont like MMJ either...i tried to listen some more to them but yeah i just dont feel them. I hate Mars Volta...i had to sit through them twice when i went to see the chili peppers on 2 different tours.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • I can't get into Soundgarden. i've tried a million times. I love Pearl Jam and Nirvana and Alice is cool too so I thought I had to like these guys. and while I do like a few songs, there's just something about the melody of most of their songs that i don't like. i don't hate them or anything, i just don't really like them.

bands I hate but at least realize why they're popular:

Genesis
    The Eagles
    Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

bands I should like because it's the type of music I usually like but i just don't:

Soundgarden
    AC/DC
    Rolling Stones
    Jane's addiction

bands I hate because they totally suck:

Counting Crows
    Third Eye Blind
    Limp Bizket
    Fall Out Boy and all the shit that's similar
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Brainofdz wrote:
    New Order, The Smiths, The Cure
    Great stuff. Don't forget Depeche Mode.

95.2% of '80s music stank, though.
  • Dog Loyal wrote:
    Great stuff. Don't forget Depeche Mode.

95.2% of '80s music stank, though.

You mean "Depeche CoMode"

That's from a dead milkmen tune. :)
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I don't like Wackicons like Sisqo

Country sucks too!

G..G...G.. Student!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    I don't like Wackicons like Sisqo

Country sucks too!

G..G...G.. Student!

Sisqo is the voice of our generation. like Bob Dylan in the 60's.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Sisqo is the voice of our generation. like Bob Dylan in the 60's.

You can't be serious!
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • My morning jacket. I tried hard to like them....but it only made me hate them.

Feel free to post about the bands you don't like.

i really really like em...tried to convince people i went to lisbon night 1 gig with that they were good for the whole weekend we were there (and this was without actually hearing em before...just had a feeling) in the end, i convinced em to watch my morning jacket at the gig and they liked it...i actually bought their last album once i got back home..:D

ok, so bands i don't like:

trivium
    dream theatre
    iron maiden
    bullet for my valentine
    metallica (apart from nothing else matters, until he gets the stupid metal voice)
    all guitar virtuosos (vai, etc.)
    basically most metal/hvy metal/death metal whatever u wanna call it..
    stuff like girls aloud, atomic kitten and all that kinda shite..
    not being racist but like black female artists (mis-teeq, beyonce and her posse etc)
    bad crappy ass rap like fifty cent, chamillionaire etc...good rap like kanye, jay-z etc is good

that's about as much as i remember...

stuff i actually should like but dont have time/dont get down to listen to them more:

simon and garfunky (garfunkel i know)
    the mars volta
    depeche mode
    more bowie...etc

stuff ive recently started listening to more and got more into:

radiohead
    alice in chains
    other grunge
    Given To Fly

Lisboa, Pavilhão Atlântico, 4/9/06
    Lisboa, Algés, Oeiras Alive!, 8/6/07
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Aerosmith
    A Perfect Circle (even saw them open for NIN on Fragile tour and was bored)
    DMB
    Phish
    Rusted Root
    G. Love
    Sublime
    Mr. Bungle
    Gwar
    Lynard Skynard
    The Eagles (god do i hate them and every solo artist that came out of them.. Boys of Summer is sorta cool though)
    Supertramp
    Ryan Adams
    Oyserhead
    Into Another

many many more
  • ZZ Top.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    This thread is 90% blasphemy!!

Except Audioslave.. I agree on that.. bring me back my Rage!!!!
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Dog Loyal wrote:
    ZZ Top.

Ugh, they are the worst.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
    Dog Loyal wrote:
    ZZ Top.

What's to diss about ZZ Top man?

Eliminator was a wicked album.
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    What's to diss about ZZ Top man?
    She's Got legs, Sharp Dressed Man, and every other pile of poo they put out after the 70s ended. Sorry. Opinion.

Re: Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones, neither produced anything I'd want to listen to after the mid '70s, but they did some excellent stuff before that. Aerosmith Rocks is a great album, as is The Stones Let It Bleed.

Maybe we should be glad bands like Zep and The Beatles split, instead of hanging around making crapola in their dotage.

Edited for typo.
    Dog Loyal wrote:
    She's Got legs, Sharp Dressed Man, and every other pile of poo they put out after the 70s ended. Sorry. Opinion.

Those tracks rock!
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    This thread will end bad
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!