Options

Best music documentaries

2»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Brand new and fresh off the press, this is one of the finest music documentaries ever!  The band had a lesser documentary in the 80's that was marginal at best.  This new one is an amazing and different beast all together.  Just amazing!  Seriously, if you get a chance, check it out! (I'm pretty sure you can stream this somewhere or just get the DVD- I went with the package.)
    May be an image of 2 people and text

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Festival Express 
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    A year and a half in the life of Metallica 
  • Options
    rylan said:
    Festival Express 

Good flick!  Buddy Guy and his 200 foot long guitar cable... :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,215
    brianlux said:
    Brand new and fresh off the press, this is one of the finest music documentaries ever!  The band had a lesser documentary in the 80's that was marginal at best.  This new one is an amazing and different beast all together.  Just amazing!  Seriously, if you get a chance, check it out! (I'm pretty sure you can stream this somewhere or just get the DVD- I went with the package.)

I'm missing something or I'm really tired.  What's the name of the documentary?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,515
    Summer of Soul. Questlove's movie about the 1969 Harlem Cultural Festival. Fantastic performances, and you get a great feel for the people and culture of the people who attended. 
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    Dig.
    Runnin' Down A Dream-Tom Petty.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:

I'm missing something or I'm really tired.  What's the name of the documentary?

No it's me.  I'm eternally tired these days and not always as clear as I'd like to be when I write, lol.  Sorry!

The new Dream Syndicate documentary is called "How Did We Find Ourselves Here".  You can stream it, or get it on DVD with the soundtrack, Live Through the Past Darkly, on CD or vinyl.  I went with the vinyl set.  The documentary is first-rate and the soundtrack is excellent.  This is what I have:

Dream Syndicate - Live through the Past Darkly 2LPCD  Horizons Music

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,510
    Started a thread about it a couple weeks ago... the Netflix doc "The Greatest Night in Pop" about the making of We Are the World was fantastic. I recommend it to anyone old enough to remember when the song was released. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/300741/netflix-documentary-the-greatest-night-in-pop#latest
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,046
    Started a thread about it a couple weeks ago... the Netflix doc "The Greatest Night in Pop" about the making of We Are the World was fantastic. I recommend it to anyone old enough to remember when the song was released. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/300741/netflix-documentary-the-greatest-night-in-pop#latest

Oh Merle Haggard!!!! Great watch! I've never laughed so hard!  Michael is crazy with his animals!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    edited March 14

Look interesting!  I can't stream anything that long so will have to look for it on DVD.

Edit:  Appears to only be on Blu-ray out of China.  Yet again, I miss out because of being out of sync with technology.  :shrug:
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    The Rutles doc is a great Beatles parody.